Hitodama Help and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#16 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Avataro: Still really enjoying your playthrough. It's really interesting how there's no commentary, but sometimes the way you control the character seems to show what you're thinking. It's funny in a few times where I've seen you about to leave a room, and then you spot a secret or something and it's like I can hear you thinking "Wait a second ..." It's also interesting how you seem to really like killing enemies, even if you've beaten those groups before. I'm really looking forward to the next part! :)

Yeah, I see what you are talking about :). Here's some of my opinions on some things so far: I like the hidden secrets, the areas, the music and the design of the quest. The tileset is simple, but still interesting and used pretty nicely.

The different spells are an interesting feature, but I wish they wouldn't drain so much magic. I'm hoping to find some magic containers soon. Looking forward to playing more of this quest!

• Aevin likes this

#17 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

My current state:

Spoiler

I don't want to get to the end. This is so sweeeeet T.T I'm enjoying every detail, every room, every moment... Pure magic. 

• Aevin likes this

#18 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

I finished it! 6:42, 5 deaths, 96 coins.Time to hunt those four stupid coins  :augh:

What can I say? There are bad quests, average quests, good quests, great quests... and then is Hitodama, which is simply a charming, fun and memorable videogame. Thank you Aevin! ^_^

Edited by Air Luigi, 28 August 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#19 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thank you so much! I'm delighted that you enjoyed it so much. :)

#20 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

This is another screen where the coin isn't marked on the map.

98hj48.png

Now I understand why Moosh said that he was playing this quest for the second time... I will start another play tomorrow. Thanks to Moosh and the other guys also, which always help to make our dreams true in ZC. 

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

The reason the coin doesn't show up on the map there is because it's a boss room. When you collect the item in a boss room, it removes the boss marker. That one just so happened to have a coin instead of a key.

#22 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

Well, I actually changed it so that the boss markers respond to secrets, but the core problem is still there. I could switch it back and make the boss markers turn to "collected" dots when the items are collected, but ... *shrug*

#23 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

I edited my review if you want to see it. You can expect a lot of complaints, sorry =(

Spoiler

• Sobreviviente and EpY like this

#24 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

PureZC won't let me like your review a second time. ;) That the quest moved you in some way is one of the highest forms of praise I can receive. Thank you.

#25 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

One hundred coins

Spoiler

2/4 coins were simply "kill all the enemies" rooms xD The other two coins were easy also, I'm blind.

I need to fight a Stan's cousin (IoR extra boss) or something, to take advantage of that final skill   :tard:

Edited by Air Luigi, 29 August 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#26 sydarial

sydarial

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

EllSukk.png

I dont know why that Jellyfish spawns on the blocks but it happened to me a few times in that room with it spawning there. I'm guessing it's a bug? But I do think the Jellyfish is Jelly that he can't hug Hito, all he wants is to hug.

Also I uploaded my 2 videos I did getting 100%. Note: they were from a stream so they will be long as I'm lazy to splice them into shorter parts.

Part 1: Here

Part 2: Here

• Aevin likes this

#27 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Weee talking about irrelevant stuff in the background.

#28 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Warning: DO NOT HUG THE JELLYFISH

Yeah, that's a weird one. I have no idea why it would spawn in the wall like that ...  I recently changed the spawn order there so the Jellyfish didn't endlessly respawn, so it must have broken something. Thanks for the catch!

Edit: Yeah ... I had a spawn point set in the wall. Poor thing's just doing what it was told. ;)

I'll check those videos out, soon. Really looking forward to it. :)

#29 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

You get to listen to me lament over my horror stories with the final boss fight in my run. :P

#30 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

Part 1: Here.

Great playthrough so far! You have a really sharp eye for finding the secrets, even picking up on the more subtle clues. We were on the edge of our seats cheering you on against those dark elementals! I thought it was interesting how you fought that third boss. I've always focused on one of them at a time, but you spread the damage out between them. And yet they summoned frequently, and you'd collected so much health you were able to last much longer. I spotted a few little things like spawning errors as you went through, like those darknuts in Masqerade. Also, the mini-map title isn't supposed to say "Final" when you're fighting that boss. A long time ago, Corridor was actually was going to be the last area, and somehow I never changed the mini-map title for the fight. I'm surprised that got past me ...

It's also interesting hearing more of Evan's thoughts on his playthrough. It's cool to hear you compare notes.

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to watching the rest later. :)

Edit:

When I said "later," I meant tomorrow, but instead I stayed up until 4:00 watching. This is somehow your fault.

You totally thrashed the endgame! It was a joy to watch. Thanks again for playing!

• Avaro and Evan20000 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users