• Members

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

Forbidden ascent​

Hero Memory

Hitodama

Rite of Storm

Yuurei

Zelda's butt

Of course i wanted include even yuurand,promised land, nine village and many others but ...damn 6 is a small number

• Anthus, peteandwally and Chris like this

#17 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Nearly everything I could recommend has already been recommended, but I will ask, will there be positions up in the future for newer quests? 

#18 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Forum Staff

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Hero of Dreams, nothing else.

#19 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Staff

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

1) Zelda's Butt by Spram

2) Rite of the Storm by Shane and Avataro

3) Link's Birthday DX by Mr. Z

4) A Boy and his Cursor by Avataro (This might seem like a weird one, but it shows how much ZC can do outside of the original game)

5) Legend of Amy Rose 3 by Eddy 

6) Search for Elise (I know the dungeons are pretty awkward, but the quest still looks great, imo).

I'll admit, I have not finished AR3 (heh) myself yet, but it was such a (good) meme, and part of PZC culture there for a while.

• peteandwally likes this

#20 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

I have been wondering whether we should have a list of the quests that are considered 'classics' by the community (which would, I think, include more than would just be on the front page - I'd say such a list would probably also include the troll/infamously bad quests (listed as such, of course), as well as the ones which are supposedly the 'best' ones).

I think we're all better off forgetting bad/troll quests exist

#21 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

Of course i wanted include even yuurand,promised land, nine village and many others but ...damn 6 is a small number

There will be only 6 Quests in the end, but you can nominate as many as you want.

Simply calling out my favourite quests (based on the ones I played)

Hero's Memory

Ride on the Storm

Bloody Banana Gods

Ey, you

Isle of Rebirth

Golvellius la Quete du Second

A Short and Simple Platformer

Promised lands

Island/Space Adventure

Well that's (also) something

Hollow Forest

Ibuprofen

Russian

The Legend of Zelda: Flow of Time (Remastered)

• Anthus, Avaro and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#22 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Nearly everything I could recommend has already been recommended, but I will ask, will there be positions up in the future for newer quests?

I thought about that myself. I'd say after a bunch of quests have been released, it makes perfect sense to look at updating the list.

#23 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Forum Staff

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

It may be good to update the list say every 3 or 6 months. Perhaps keep 3, add 3.
  • Dimi likes this

#24 Dimi

Dimi

Cute little dino

• Forum Staff

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Lost Isle
Isle of Rebirth
To The Top
Link and Zelda: Panoply of Calatia
In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God
Eiyuu
Nargad's Trails: Crystal Crusades

Also yeah, updating the list every couple of months seems like a great way to keep things current. Sort of like a more fancy featured quests list that actually requires community input to get featured.

Edited by Dimentio, 13 July 2018 - 08:02 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#25 Avaro

Avaro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:37 AM

I think it's supposed to be more timeless so maybe just once a year.

• sutibu and Chris like this

#26 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Forum Staff

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

My personal picks would be:

Rite of the Storm

Hero's Memory

Yuurand

Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest

In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God

Link & Zelda: Panoply of Calatia

• Chris likes this

#27 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'll be closing this up late tonight. If anyone else wants to throw in their picks, please do it soon!

#28 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Gonna jump in here real quick. Just some of my faves:

Origin - the best Original quest remake. Dungeons and overall design is fantastic.

Hero's Memory - As the author states "a love letter to the Legend of Zelda Series". Perfect description.

Isle of the Winds - the open exploration of the quest is true to Zelda but with it centered around the sea it definitely makes it unique.

Panoply - Great mix of Z1 and Z2 action. Shows what the engine can do. Overall fantastic quest.

Armageddon Quest - The classic challenge quest. Unique and offers a challenge to those experienced in the LoZ.

Master Quest by Radien - BS version or original. Either version will do. This game truly feels like an official Nintendo experience and something that you could imagine on an SNES version of the LoZ.

Those are my picks. I know I'm missing a ton and haven't played too many recently but these are the quests I think of when I think of the Zelda Classic experience.

スティーブ

*Edit* Just a quick thought while I'm at it. Why change the list every few months? Why not make different editions of it and always have each available? Someone could even do a quick write up with a summary of each quest with pictures. I think that would be a more unique approach. The Zelda Classic "Classics" archive. A neat little title like that.

Edited by sutibu, 15 July 2018 - 07:25 PM.

#29 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

Zelda's Butt is amazing

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:24 PM

I actually think the current selection of quests is pretty good. Hero of Dreams, Lost Isle, and Isle of Rebirth are the big quests of the 2.10, 2.11 alpha, and 2.5 eras. Their spots on the Greatest Hits database ranking reflect that as well. Hookshot 2 does a fantastic job of showing what ZC is capable of while still maintaining a classic Zelda feel. Rite of the Storm and Yuurand are both well-received Metroidvanias that are utterly un-Zelda like, representing the Metroidvania trend that's been picking up steam recently while also showing off the power of ZC's engine. (Some have suggested swapping Yuurand with Yuurei, and I'm not opposed to that at all, though Yuurand does hilight the possibilities of the engine a bit better I feel, but I full admit to bias for obvious reasons.)

With that said, if some have to be replaced, Panolpy of Calatia is also really well received and shows off ZC's strengths pretty nicely, I feel. People have suggested Origin, and I can see that working, though I personally feel Lost Isle is the best of DFW's work and also has made a bigger impact on the community as a whole. Hero's Memory is widely hailed as one of the best classic-style quests around and is a contender. Forbidden City could occupy a similar niche as Hookshot 2, showing off some scripting power in the setting of a traditional style quest.

Really, there's any number of quests that could work. I'd advocate for getting a good mix that show off both ZC's history, picking some of the most popular and innovative quests of yesteryear; its current state, showing popular quests from today; and its capability as an engine, hilighting quests that go well beyond simply being classic Zelda quests.
  • Avaro and Shoshon the Elegant like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users