Photo

APRIL FOOLS Ugh... I ain't doing this no more.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Migokalle

Migokalle

Outcast. :(

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:13 AM

You know what? I'm done. With everything. After the announcements made by Nathaniel earlier (I knew about them before now, but I tried up until yesterday to have at least some of the new rules scratched out) I'm kind of not feeling it anymore. No more MotM, and no more being able to advertise in my signature with userbars...

If I can't advertise The Hylian Phoenix, no one will end up playing it, because as of right now, it has far less hype than it probably should have, and I have far less inspiration than I should have too. I know I'm letting down Joe and Nuvo, who both has worked very hard on this project (and done great at that as well), but I'm not going to let this keep going. The Hylian Phoenix is dead, and I'm not going to keep hitting the dead corpse. If anyone else wants to take my stick and keep hitting it, I'm gonna let you have the .qst file, but keep in mind that it's a messy.... mess.

So guys, I know for a fact that at least one or two of you was looking forward to this quest, and you might still get it... just not from me. I'm also gonna leave this forum entierly, but I'll stick until the day is over, just because I want to see what kind of jokes people have planned around here. Especially staff, they usually have something funny, like changing the skin to pink. I mean, I need something to laugh of today, and jokes might just do it.

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

Today's been absolutely horrible! First, a great LPer quit, next, my RP forums get shut down, the downsizing just sucks and now THIS!? Gah! The world's falling apart!!

#3 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

what the?! I couldnt belive that another awesome ZQ boulder and player quit, I wanted to see
the incredible that it was going to be THP.
Some other could continue it but its not gonna be the same thing.
I only have left to say:
- Nice project and the demos that you worked, were awesome icon_clap.gif
- good luck in the future

#4 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Alright, seriously. I think this joke is being taken a bit too far. Meh, oh well, it'll probably be back to normal tomorrow.

If this really is true, then that's disappointing. I was looking forward to THP, but it wouldn't be the same, if you weren't helping. They were great demos, and it looked like it was going to be a great quest. Hope you have a good life, and all of that stuff.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

I knew this was a joke before I even noticed the date. Honestly, think these things through better Migo. icon_razz.gif

#6 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in you. No matter what, people are going to lose interest in your quest before you release it...especially if you announce it so soon. A lot of my projects don't get more than 1 or 2 posts in their threads, I deal with it. That's why I put links to them in my signature, I actually got a new post in one of my old projects because of that...which reminded me of it's existence, now it's my main project.

Also, if you think that THP needs advertisement, and you're not willing to do so...well, my friend, that's just pathetic. Maybe it doesn't even need advertising at this moment? You, yourself have said that you still have a sh!tload of features to add. I'm assuming that means the quest would take a sh!tload of time to complete. People will get bored if you're constantly shoving updates in their faces.

Well, I'm done with my rant.

Good luck with life and all that crap, judging by your above post it sounds like you're leaving Pure too...so, uh, you made some awesome mountains...which I believe is actually what they're called in the database submission. I would like it if you finished THP Demo 3 at least before ditching it though.

I basically wrote a whole ******* essay before I realized the date! You, my friend, are truly and undeniably evil. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Nathaniel, 01 April 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#7 DarkFlame Sheep

DarkFlame Sheep

Praise The Goddess Our "Jandra"

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

I brought a stupid idea, changing quest name. The Hylian Roast Chicken!? icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Stray Sheep, 01 April 2010 - 08:36 AM.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

You know what they say: If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out of the kitchen. I guess you chose to get out of the kitchen. I understand, though. Not everybody can handle the heat of downsizing. It's hard to see you go, but I am just going to have to live with the reality of it. Good luck on your other endeavors, Robin.

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

I see, Robin.
Do you think I could have the file, than? I actually think I can handle this one. But however, if I was to finish THP, I would change some things.
First thing I want to change is the seize. It's too big. I'll never finish it with the seize it has, but if I cut it down the length of the plot and remove some sidequests it should work.
I'd basically like to make 4 main dungeons, a final battle and for a sidequest one trading sequence. I'd say this is enough, actually...
Oh, and I never worked with the LttP mountains, so I might use different mountains for my screens, but I guess that's not really a prblem...
Oh, and I'd want to change the story and make it more like what I imagine.

#10 Migokalle

Migokalle

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Apr 1 2010, 04:15 PM) View Post
I see, Robin.
Do you think I could have the file, than? I actually think I can handle this one. But however, if I was to finish THP, I would change some things.
First thing I want to change is the seize. It's too big. I'll never finish it with the seize it has, but if I cut it down the length of the plot and remove some sidequests it should work.
I'd basically like to make 4 main dungeons, a final battle and for a sidequest one trading sequence. I'd say this is enough, actually...
Oh, and I never worked with the LttP mountains, so I might use different mountains for my screens, but I guess that's not really a prblem...
Oh, and I'd want to change the story and make it more like what I imagine.
I actually already gave it to Billy Ronald. I'm sorry Sheik, you were a little too late. He asked me via PM, so... yeah. It was a first-to-grab kind of thing. He may not finish it though, so I'm sure you and him could talk about making some kind of deal.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Apr 1 2010, 10:24 AM) View Post

I basically wrote a whole ******* essay before I realized the date! You, my friend, are truly and undeniably evil. icon_razz.gif

Let's not evade the curse filters, please. I changed it for you.

#12 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

So do we have to wait till tomorrow for you to actually come back, Migo? Cause when VGmusic has done this sorta thing in the past, it's actually inconvenienced people who want to normally use the site over the course of 24 hours. They've wisened up this year.

#13 Migokalle

Migokalle

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Apr 1 2010, 06:27 PM) View Post
So do we have to wait till tomorrow for you to actually come back, Migo? Cause when VGmusic has done this sorta thing in the past, it's actually inconvenienced people who want to normally use the site over the course of 24 hours. They've wisened up this year.
No, I'm here til tonight, my time. When I go to bed tonight, I will not return. Not because I'm angry or anything, I just find these new rules to be inconvenient. They also make it impossible for me to ever submit THP... so why stay? As I said, Billy will be making THP from now on, so it's not like you're one upcoming quest shorter. You're just one Robin shorter.

#14 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

See ya tomorrow! I can't wait to see what Billy Ronalds going to accomplish with this. It truly is an exciting future for THP.

#15 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

I will never fill robin's shoes and I'm sad to see him go however I took this on as I wanted to see one of the best quests out there finished.

I wish you luck Robin on what ever you do now.

And people this isn't an April fool I've been looking at how he has done things so far in THP and it's very complex but good looking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users