Screen Cutoff 2.50

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:23 AM

I noticed something that bugs me a lot. The bottom of the screen seems to be cutoff in ZC. This really bugs me as all of the official Zelda games don't have this. Is this a bug? Is there a way to stop this in 2.50? Why is that even in ZC?

• Cukeman likes this

#2 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

This really bugs me as all of the official Zelda games don't have this. Is this a bug? Is there a way to stop this in 2.50? Why is that even in ZC?

First of all, you're wrong, The Legend of Zelda does this and it's the first official Zelda game. ZC is a LoZ clone, so they kept that detail in. It's not a bug, and could maybe be worked around using scripts. It's in ZC because it's in the game ZC is based on.
  • Mani Kanina, David, MarinaraSauce and 2 others like this

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

This is an attempt to replicate the way old televisions would cut off the bottom 8 pixels of the screen. So this is an attempt to emulate a television compatibility error, not a limitation with the NES itself. When you use emulators the bottom 8 pixels display fine, showing that the NES data was capable of displaying this information. The creator(s) of ZC were clearly trying to homage the original, but they instead wound up replicating a compatibility error. Truly unforunate.

http://wiki.nesdev.c...ex.php/Overscan

Edited by Cukeman, 31 March 2016 - 02:32 PM.

• Mani Kanina, Shane, LTTP and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screen Cutoff, 2.50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users