Photo

Requests, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

Well, I kind of give up guessing on what you guys want - I've tried a new castle and several upgrades, but to little or no avail.

So I'm leaving it up to you - Send in your requests for what you want!

Now of course, there's a twist. While I expect a lot (or none if this gets buried) of requests, there's a deadline to get the requests in and only three requests will be chosen. Also, you need to follow a few posting guidelines.

First off, the deadline is May 14 at 11:59 PM EST. The selected requests will be reported next day.

Secondly, posting guidelines:
  • Be clear in what you want, what size it should be, and how you plan to use it; a well described request is a surefire way to be accepted.
  • Multiple requests are disallowed; one request per user, please.
  • Requests must be appropriate.

So with that, let's start!

#2 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

Withdrew my request.

Edited by Zemious, 15 May 2009 - 01:04 PM.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

Well, I'd like some Ritos (the bird people from Wind Waker). I'm using the old DoR, so 16x16 would be preferred, but if they have to be a little bigger, that's alright. I don't need anything fancy, just facing in four directions.

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

I know you make stuff for DoR. But I need something for a GB tileset.

I want you to make a dungeon set for a temple of time. It must work well in GB styled dungeons and still use the style we've seen in twilight princess. So the walls should look good if you make them bigger than just one tile. Also, I want to see big, coloured glass windows and some coloured light tiles to layer light, that is shining through the windows. Than, a nice big boss door would be cool. The colours shold be white, black, yellow with a hint of white. Look at twilight princess' temple of time for inspiration.

That's it for my request. Somehow, I do not think, that you will be making it. If you get interested anyhow, I can make you a list of what I want to see and look for reference screen shots and stuff. But I do not want to look everything up without being sure you will make it, since I do not want to waste time. Reply on my post here or send me a PM.

So long, enjoy your day, Sheik.

#5 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hey, don't feel so down about your castle tiles and updates. I'm definitely using those whenever I get into a quest-making mood. icon_smile.gif

That said, I'd like to see new houses. The MC, GB, and LttP ones are all we've got, it seems. It'd be nice to have new ones.

#6 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

I'd like some Fox anthropomorphic character sprites, preferably wearing a green shirt. 16x16 or 16x32 please. The tileset it's designed for doesn't really matter, since I'm using custom palettes anyway. Very detailed if possible.

#7 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

How about a useable, and New Big Link? I've been wanting one for a really long time. Maybe similar to the Ocarina of Time Link. But I'd prefer as original as possible. Feel free to use whatever size you choose, whether it be the 1 extension, or the 2.

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

A massive chess set, designed with all the pawns, knights, rooks, bishops, queens, and kings. The main purpose for wanting this is for one of the dungeons I'm soon to be making, which focuses around puzzles based on chess (duh). I would like this in DoR 2.0, Relic's Original Dungeon palette. The pieces only have to face one direction, you don't need to worry about multiple directions. Also, is it possible to make sure each piece fits into 1 tile? You could possible use enemy tiles to make the pieces if you wish...

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

More item sprites could be nice.

#10 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

You know what we really need? Wooden fortress tiles.

Think about it-we have many varieties of stone castles: the standard LttP, Gameboy, DoR standard, Gale Fortress... and two more Gerudo varieties. It's high time we went for something more primitive. What I'm requesting are simply standard castle tiles, but... made of wood! Preferably, these would fit into DoR's palette structure and style, and include all of the tiles present in Radien's Gale Fortress set, along with bridges and pillars that are appropriate. Thank you. icon_smile.gif

How I would use it: I've been wanting something to use as a Moblin hideout... something that would fit well with both a forest area and primitive building techniques. I would use these tiles for that area.

#11 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

A monolith would be freakin' cool. Like the ones in 2001-A Space Odyssey, only with hieroglyphics. A giant stone slab with archaic writing would be so kick-@$$...
Basically, I need it for my quest, since a monolith plays an important part in the storylines. It'll have to be 4x3, and in dark grey or black. Any tileset, but preferably Pure.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ May 13 2009, 07:11 PM) View Post

More item sprites could be nice.

"Be clear in what you want, what size it should be, and how you plan to use it; a well described request is a surefire way to be accepted."

#13 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Linkus, you've already made sprites for me so you know that when I use them, the game does get finished. What I'm saying is it won't be a waste of time for both of us, meaning you won't spend hours/days on a sprite just to find out that I canceled the game I'm working on.

I finish my rom hacks.

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

Well, not to be boring, but there's something I think pretty much all modern sets have been needing for awhile: temple exteriors that DON'T look like a regular castle or building, but are bigger than an NES or GB "dungeon entrance." I made some for Gale Fortress, but I only made one type, and it only looks good in grey.

So okay, I'll be specific:

What I'd like: I request temple exterior walls that function like DoR or LTTP castle walls, but look ancient and worn like OoT temples. Probably three tiles high including the ramparts, two tiles with just the wall face.

Details: The wall texture should look appropriate for most dungeon interiors. Dark shading would be best. Walls that can be stacked on top of themselves are also a plus. I'd request that they be constructed like the exterior of a Mayan temple, so they can be stacked tall with a staircase going up the middle. Or, you could make them go straight up, so they could be used for tower-type structures as well. Also, the top of the walls don't have to be walkable, but if they are, please don't make them look like they're carpeted. icon_neutral.gif

How I'd Use It: I'm hoping for something I can use for as many temple entrances as possible; maybe three or four at most. It'd be great to have something generic and temple-ish enough that I can just change the palette and complement it with natural paraphernalia from various regions.

Now, I also like Rem's idea for a new big Link, although it's not my request. icon_smile.gif

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

How about some more Sword Tiles. As of now, it's getting pretty repetitive that many different users use the same kind of sword sprite. That should be specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users