Photo

Generation Tileset

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

Ok, so a while ago I said some thing about a tileset of a New first upgrade/ MMDWR tileset improvement. Well, I havent forgotten about progress. In fact, I have made some crazy progress. Heres the full info

Perpose- Well, I like the Newfirst/2.10 tileset. I like MMDWR tileset. So, I have taken the challenge of hybriding these, and anlso adding much much more in an Organized fasion. Like tiles. The combo pages were way too messy, distracting the maker and confusing them. So, I have tryong to keep this clean and easy 1 2 .....( what comes after 2.10? 2.5! ) I remixed the palettes, and I am going to add ALOT of new ones, seeing how one is just to plain. And, the palettes are easy to use, csets 2-4 are for the overworld. 2 is for grass, tress, ect. While 3 is for stones, buildings? ( Yet to make some ) and mountains. 3 is for water, as well as anything ealse blue. The graphics, are going to be beautiful. I can garuntee that ( But we all have our own views of beautiful.....) because Newfirst is an infant of graphics compared to MMDWR, they both mix well. So, I am resurecting the forgotten tiles and using all possable tiles. ( With my new no tile left behind campaign ) Just how? Well Newfirst left out a huge porportion of tiles, angering quest makers to tile it themselves. Even though, there are like 5 diffrent trees, one mountain type ( With many extras ) still, compared to both tilesets, this is glory. And, alternatives are provided for alot of the tiles.

2.5? Yes, time to upgrade. Remember back in the day, the 2.10 test quest? that wa scool. It was 2.10 ready, and thats kinda what Im trying to acomplish. This is a pioneer tileset for 2.5, for I am trying to have some pre set 2.5 features, like custom subscreen, and items. Think of this as 2.5test.

Screenies
Well, I am only going to provise two, with basic tiles. As soon as I add some palettes, I will post more, and perhaps release a beta.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Want a beta? Then please, I love feedback.

I caught the mistake of the top screen, can anyone guess what it is?

Edited by Lord Ike, 25 November 2008 - 08:39 PM.

#2 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Looks really cool. Will it be as complicated as MMDWR, or as simple as Pure? And will it be compatible with 2.10?

And the pine tree in the lower right corner has a gray trunk. Is that it?

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

Well, Its just gonna be simple. REAL simple. I hated that, MMDWR was all over the place, which I myslef had troubles with. SImple. YOU WILL ALL SEE.....oh yes, you will see.

Nope, I have that on perpose.

#4 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

The corner of the mountain--top-left. Anyway, It all looks good, but a lot more tiles are needed. It does look good though.

Also, the mountains could use some work. They look odd and I don't like the square bottom. Should be rounded off imo.

Edited by LinkMystro, 25 November 2008 - 09:03 PM.

#5 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

icon_doh.gif Dang. Didn't see that.

#6 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

Alright....I'm gonna release a beta....soon. Be patient, and you will SEE that I used BASIC tiles from the combo pages. I didnt add detail.

Nope. I know that, but still, you fail.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

I like it. It's nice looking (unlike NewFirst, my eyes don't bleed looking at it for too long), and it looks pretty easy to use.

#8 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:48 AM

icon_kawaii.gif Demo thing.
Here. Rick Roll? Click to find out!
Remember to use 2.5 build 887.

#9 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:03 AM

Well, I made some extreme progress on this. Soooo much commiment, I got some palettes done, and more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generation Tileset beta 1

Log-

~ All overworld tiles are finished combo'd. I still need to do some editing, but that can be easily done.
~ added palettes, 8 more.
~ FEW Sfx. has been imported, again, can be easily finished.
~ I still have some work to be done on sprites, such as enimies and items. But, I do have Link done ( I edited him! )
~ same build use

Screenies
( I used very little detail, so dont get discouraged in effort for detail )
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Beta
( Please use 887 )
Enjoy

Well thats it. Hope you all give some feedback, I really do look at any kinds.

#10 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:09 AM

Are those real screenshots you make? Or its that example shots? Looks easy to use though...but I don't like the palletes like a tileset gamemaker will use 0_o

#11 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:11 AM

I am confused. Real shots?

#12 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:22 AM

I meant like are those example shots? Like for example, shots you just take and put anything from the combo page and put there? Or shots you actually made?

#13 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

Example. I am not making a quest.......yet. I will use the tileset to make a quest eventually, the ZC nation needs another Trinity Worlds

#14 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

Oh great ^_^.

But I don't know, the palletes seem kind of weird to me. Its like a tileset gamemaker will use or something really. Not something I would use..or...wait, maybe I will someday ...we'll see when the tileset comes out icon_razz.gif

#15 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

I have no idea about what gamemaker is like.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users