• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

*Hiya everyone i got a question.
I know many Zelda, Metroid, Metroidvania, or even the Legend of Amy Rose are created but
i wondering something that i don't think everybody here was done or ask before.

*What if a Undertale quest is created ? I means yes that sound good to create a Undertale quest but you know somes kinds of stuffs could be needed like
Fight, Act, Item, and Mercy button for exemple or some battles scriptages too.
Yet the player could be Frisk or Chara (like original Undertale) or could be monsters like for exemple Sans or Asriel (notice Asriel have a sword).

For a exemple: Asriel Legends could be a story of Asriel's adventure on a mysterious world that he have to save Frisk from some evils and collect the Nightmare Keys.

It's just a exemple it's not means that could be true.

the another exemple could be A Sans's To the past (on different world).
If everyone think that could be pretty good then i guess that good. If you guhs don't like it it's ok cause i won't judge you.

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

I don't know of any Undertale quests in the database or in development; feel free to create one! Your ideas sound doable in ZC, with a bit of scripting and some creativity in terms of how to deal with the mercy button. I am a fan of Undertale, and an Undertale/Zelda crossover, while weird, could work. Are Zelda enemies monsters?

#3 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

A Sans to the Past needs to happen

#4 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

*Yep i agree but still we'll need Sans's sprites, scripts attacks (weapons) for him like long bone as his

sword etc.

*Klop422 I dunno i never seen everyone try this before or me trying this before. Yes i did put Sans and

Paps as one of Easter Eggs of my project quest but honestly if we play as monsters then who could be Sans's

enemies ?

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

There's a lot of potential in adapting Zelda enemies to the Undertale format. Their attacks are specific enough, and the attack-dodging bits can pretty much write themselves.

However, if you want to do the idea justice, you're going to need to be a good scripter and to have a lot of time on your hands. The Undertale shoes are big to fill, and coming up with a half-baked effort that only barely resembles Undertale would be a disappointment.

• Jenny and KingPridenia like this

#6 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

*Neh i bet Flowey could do the job. He have alot of DETERMINATION. But i bet Frisk could be better... Anyway i do like to make some scripts but the problem is i'm very awful on scriptage or codages. Cause the last time i did tries i was so Boned.
  • Anthus likes this

#7 PixElvis

PixElvis

Creative?

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

*Hiya everyone i got a question.
I know many Zelda, Metroid, Metroidvania, or even the Legend of Amy Rose are created but
i wondering something that i don't think everybody here was done or ask before.

*What if a Undertale quest is created ? I means yes that sound good to create a Undertale quest but you know somes kinds of stuffs could be needed like
Fight, Act, Item, and Mercy button for exemple or some battles scriptages too.
Yet the player could be Frisk or Chara (like original Undertale) or could be monsters like for exemple Sans or Asriel (notice Asriel have a sword).

For a exemple: Asriel Legends could be a story of Asriel's adventure on a mysterious world that he have to save Frisk from some evils and collect the Nightmare Keys.

It's just a exemple it's not means that could be true.

the another exemple could be A Sans's To the past (on different world).
If everyone think that could be pretty good then i guess that good. If you guhs don't like it it's ok cause i won't judge you.

Yes, I wonder, just with a different one, but I'm sure everyone wants to create their fun, I agree with that and with you :)

#8 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

*Thanks. *If everyone had a questions or suggestion then feel free.
  • PixElvis likes this

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

I'm probably the only person here who has not played Undertale. I know a lot about it from watching various bosses on YouTube. I'd like to play it someday, but since I know basically every ending it wouldn't surprise me. Yeah, it's dumb, I know. When it came out, I was stubborn cause of all the hype it was getting, and saw like one screenshot, and said "Nope, that game looks stupid." I was wrong.

With that said, to my understanding, Sans is one of the strongest monsters within the Undertale universe. I wouldn't try to remake Undertale in any capacity, as the battle system would need to be scripted from the ground up. You could do a prequel, or origin story for Sans that plays more like Zelda. You can still play as Sans, but maybe it's before the War, and shows how he gets so powerful/ moves up the ranks. Or if it's during the war, Sans could fight humans. That would be interesting, cause no one has made a ZC quest where you fight human enemies, to my knowledge. Darknuts don't count, they are not humans, if Wind Waker is anything to go by.

• Shane likes this

#10 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

*Sounds interesting.
*On GBC tiles styles that i use for my quest projects i have effectively humans but it's a guards humans.
*If i create the past of Sans like this then not only i'll need scripts for thoses but any type scripted enemies as possible. Sans weapons could be first: Large Bone, and the weapon he'll find first is a Tiny Gaster Blaster. (Level 1 and become a true
Gaster Blaster when the weapon reach Level 3.)

Many people would question me "How could you make a quest of Sans ? he have only 1 HP !"
Well i guess i could solve this problem. His HP could be like Link does except because of his lazyness (today) he have only 1 HP but before or on the war he have more HP.
BUT i could add a hard mode where you control the same Sans but except you'll NOT get more then 1 HP (in consequence it's a
No Damage Mode (or the mode "Bad Time.") ).

Next somes characters like original Undertale could be adding too like Toriel, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, and Asgore. (remember Alphys was not create Mettaton yet.) with specifically scripts. In certain moment of the quest the player could play for a moment with one of those characters.

Edited by Sans, 20 September 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#11 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

However Humans wins against Monsters it's that the problem cause that will not make any Sans if Sans win agaist the final boss except if a specifically cutsceen where everyone is reunited and then the 7 sages (they survived even if we think kill them) will trap them all and send them in the Underground.

#12 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

I think to make a Undertale quest like Zelda styles then i think the quest will need something like "ZeldaTale.zh" (or just Undertale.zh) to get somes functions from Undertale and some weapons.

#13 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

It is not being finished, nor is the author still working on it, but someone here did have a viable Undertale quest. I won't post links to videos of it, as I believe they are private, but it is clearly possible; albeit quite a lot of work.

There is a 0% chance of me making anything like this, that is not an H-Game parody.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 21 September 2017 - 10:02 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#14 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

*a H-Game ? what you means ?

#15 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:57 PM