Photo

Screenshot of the Week 338

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (77 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

What? It's just a screen filled with south facing Zelda I Link sprites and the character walking on them. Wow... totally amazing. *not* I'm not a fan of such art, since it's lousy.

#32 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Sep 27 2011, 05:28 AM) View Post

Not being rude, being honest. You think it rude? don't worry about it. Worrying about it will just make you feel bad. If you just think to your self, "Hey, I don't give a damn if this person thinks differently then me" everything will be fine and maybe God will give you a lolly pop, kay?

Now go run off and play.

Too bad not everyone here thinks like you. I agree wholeheartedly with Shane. What you said was uncalled for. I'm sorry but you cannot escape by saying "It's My Opinion." as an excuse.

#33 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Oh well, I respect that you don't like it. But please do respect that I have my own thoughts to you know? I'm leaving it at that.

(Also I wasn't defending Rover I was more expressing my own opinion a little more you know?)

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 27 2011, 08:51 PM) View Post

Too bad not everyone here thinks like you. What you said was uncalled for. I'm sorry but you cannot escape by saying "It's My Opinion." as an excuse.

QFT seriously well said. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Shane, 27 September 2011 - 07:12 AM.

#34 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Myself, I don't see what the point behind Rover's shot is, so I don't really feel I should vote for something I don't 'get'. As a result of me not 'getting' it, it's just a screen with a bunch of Link tiles to me, which doesn't appeal to me. Sorry man. icon_shrug.gif

I actually nulled by mistake, but my vote would have gone to Twilight_Knight with Jared at a very close second.

#35 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Suppose I should actually review these shots based on how good I really think they are, as much as I love Rover's shot for being just...what it is.

Rover: In honor of you fighting da powah I will rate these shots based on how likely I would fast forward through them when playing. 50% That is I'd stare and gawk at it and then fast forward through.
Jared: 80% Where are the enemies? It's a pretty screen, but I have no real reason to stay there. Not even a stunning view in the background to admire. icon_shrug.gif
Lightwulf: 50% with enemies alive, this is a pretty cool room but once they're dead, it's overstayed its welcome
Twilight Knight: 45% This is another beautiful screen, but once again, I feel no incentive to stick around longer than I need to.
linktopower: Practical with just enough detail. This is a classic screen done right IMO. I normally hate boss rooms, but this one caught my attention! Bravo! icon_clap.gif 3%

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 27 September 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#36 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Sep 27 2011, 03:28 AM) View Post

Not being rude, being honest. You think it rude? don't worry about it. Worrying about it will just make you feel bad. If you just think to your self, "Hey, I don't give a damn if this person thinks differently then me" everything will be fine and maybe God will give you a lolly pop, kay?

Now go run off and play.

I didn't think you were being rude until you said "Now go run off and play."

But whatever, we all can decide whether or not we like Rover's shot. No biggie folks, seriously.

#37 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Rover
I don't get it. Regardless, even if I did get it I wouldn't vote for it. This is Screenshot of the Week, to me that means it has to look nice and appear to play well. Your shot accomplishes neither.

Jared
I don't like the MC/SD3 style clash. SD3 was built to look very realistic, whereas MC is the Wind Waker of the 2D world. That being said, the structure of the screen is still very nice, and I have no complaints in that department.

Lightwulf
Once again, I like the structure of the screen. Your closet tiles are also pretty nice. My only complaints are the classic fire, and that the burnt tiles are a little bit awkward looking. I don't know what to suggest for the latter though.

Twilight_Knight
Very, very nice. I love the tiles! Screen structure is absolutely solid as well. However, like Jared's, we have a style clash. The trees and underbrush have rather noticeable black outlines, where as the rest of the tiles do not. It makes for a somewhat awkward effect.

linktopower
Awesome Classic shot, good sir. You deserve a medal! Looks pretty damn hard, though.

It was hard, but in the end I voted for Twilight_Knight.

#38 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Sep 26 2011, 11:44 PM) View Post

Sigh. I should edit all of your avatars and put hipster glasses on them.

"If you like something I don't like you're a hipster."

Why do you have such a problem with Rover's shot? Or hipsters?

Edited by Alison, 27 September 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#39 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Shane @ Sep 27 2011, 05:08 AM) View Post

If you look at it you see it stands out thus it looks creative and catches your eye.
I wasn't offended I'm telling that you shouldn't use words like "crazy" in certain aspects of your post.
That would have been a lot nicer and less rude in a way.

Well, I don't really give a F*** if you think I'm rude. I'm not trying to make an impression here. This isn't Facebook bro.
I will say what I please as long as it doesn't violate any rules here on pureZC.

Now message to all PureZC members, would you all quit being a herd of sheep and think your own way instead of following everybody else?

Gosh it's like we are all a bunch of emotionless robots.

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 27 2011, 05:21 AM) View Post

Too bad not everyone here thinks like you. I agree wholeheartedly with Shane. What you said was uncalled for. I'm sorry but you cannot escape by saying "It's My Opinion." as an excuse.

The only reason I wouldn't be able to escape it if people were incredibly back-boneless.

Guy 1: I think s*** smells bad.
Guy 2: You're a f***ing moron. s*** is wonderful smelling.
Guy 3: Well, I don't really give a F*** what anyone says I'm only loyal to my own opinion. Others opinions cannot hurt me in any way.

Guy 3 deserves to get a blow job icon_slycool.gif

Edited by Keiichi123, 27 September 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#40 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Sep 27 2011, 03:28 PM) View Post

Well, I don't really give a F*** if you think I'm rude. I'm not trying to make an impression here. This isn't Facebook bro.
I will say what I please as long as it doesn't violate any rules here on pureZC.

Now message to all PureZC members, would you all quit being a herd of sheep and think your own way instead of following everybody else?

The only reason I wouldn't be able to escape it if people were incredibly back-boneless.

Guy 3: Well, I don't really give a F*** what anyone says I'm only loyal to my own opinion. Others opinions cannot hurt me in any way.

Woah woah woah.
Wooooaaaaaahhhhh.

You're asking for people to get mad. I mean, woah.
You're getting worked up over a SotW.
And you didn't even enter.
Think about how silly this is.
Woah.

Edited by Vaelstrom, 27 September 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#41 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Vaelstrom @ Sep 27 2011, 02:47 PM) View Post

Woah woah woah.
Wooooaaaaaahhhhh.

You're asking for people to get mad. I mean, woah.
You're getting worked up over a SotW.
And you didn't even enter.
Think about how silly this is.
Woah.

Nah, sorry if I made you think that way man, but I wasn't mad or anything.
That's just how I talk.
I swear a lot icon_razz.gif

Carry on everyone.

#42 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Sep 27 2011, 03:53 PM) View Post

Nah, sorry if I made you think that way man, but I wasn't mad or anything.
That's just how I talk.
I swear a lot icon_razz.gif

Carry on everyone.

So, how did we go from:
Rover's screen
To s*** smelling bad
And Guy 3 getting a blow job?

#43 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Rover- 4.5/10 okay i get it kinda...? Ran out of ideas maybe with this one?

Jared 8.5/10 It looks good but so i voted It...But you need to fix that stair case idk to me it looks out if place badly

Lightwulf 7.6/10 Okay it looks alright but way to messy icon_lol.gif

Twilight_Knight 8.4/10 Love them tiles but the screen look way to boxy...

linktopower 4.5/10 No comment

I another note

Man you guys went way off topic here. waaay to much!
We all get it Rover's screen is the crazy looking one here this week

We should let it go. at that alright?

Edited by linktopower, 27 September 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#44 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

But you are violating rules on PureZC. Please stop posting off-topic. It's getting pretty annoying.

Also, since you're accusing people of being emotionless, I'll just go ahead and tell you that pretty much every one of your posts makes me sad.

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Sep 27 2011, 05:28 AM) View Post

Now go run off and play.
And pretty much everything about this post is outright trolling. So again, stop breaking PureZC rules.

This is one of the most moronic and asinine things I have ever seen posted. Let me explain why.

We're on a discussion board, and whether you like it or not we are going to discuss our differences in opinion. Guy 3 is an idiot because he will hide behind the argument "well it's my opinion" forever, will never be able to admit that he was wrong, and will never be able to mature or grow as a person.

In addition your hypothetical is in no way comparable to the situation we're in now. Whether something tastes or smells good really is the closest to a pure opinion that you can have. Your taste buds aren't the same as anybody else's. However, here we're discussing the appeal and the merits of different screens. We can look at things from a design or an artistic or a whatever standpoint, but those are all things that we should be able to discuss and defend and have fun with. Screenshot of the Week is not a purely subjective contest. Part of its appeal is a discussion of what makes a screen work and what doesn't. Even though Guy 2 is being a bit belligerent, at least he's being part of the discussion. Guy 3 is just walking around saying "I'm not wrong! Everybody shut up!"

Guy 3 will never get anything out of an intelligent discussion, and I sincerely hope that he will stop being so attached to his opinions that he can't even talk about them with people.

Feel free to reply to me in PM. I'd love to discuss our differences in opinion together. Posting it here is off-topic though, and I think I've done it enough already. I'm sorry if I come off as harsh in this post, but when you replied to Shane you really were being a total dick and you need to cut it out.

#45 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Wow. People sure are mad here. Also could someone change my vote to Rover? Is that even allowed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users