Photo

Screenshot of the Week 199

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 199 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

Is 200 really going to be that packed? I'll wait for the less anticipated 201, I guess icon_frown.gif

#17 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

Wow, link1996 is officially the only person to have his same exact screenshot in two SotWs! lol. That's funny. XD

And also, I do see that LostInHyru1e has sent me a PM and it says it went to /M/ too, so that is really weird. I have another screen from Gleeok too, but not sure if it was sent to /M/. So really sorry, I don't know what happened. I will for sure enter those into SotW 200, unless you went another pic to be in it. But I am posting SotW 200, so I will be sure to post them. Also, remember peeps to send them to both just in case.

By the way, I voted for gray0x.

#18 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Feb 25 2008, 12:05 AM) View Post

Wow, link1996 is officially the only person to have his same exact screenshot in two SotWs! lol. That's funny. XD

No, there was somebody who accidentally submitted the same screen two times in a row when I was a newbie. I think it was Linkus Mastii. At least I remember some ruins whiches were made by him. Then he showed what would have been his real submission, an interior screen.

QUOTE(Moonwhisper)

Is 200 really going to be that packed? I'll wait for the less anticipated 201, I guess icon_frown.gif

Oh, noooo...! Come on, the more screens, the more fun! There isn't a jubileum every months!

And there's still no SotW 2007. Just sayin. 2.10

#19 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

all crap, except Grayox, I could have entered something and won this time.

#20 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Meh, I nulled, I'm not too impressed.

CastChaos's is hard to look at, gray0x needs more trees in the brush, link1996's is the same as last week and Majora's is lacking something.
I also dislike those trees in Majora's shot.

#21 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

And there's still no SotW 2007. Just sayin.

I'm posting it right now actually. It is taking a little bit, because some of the SotM didn't officially have winners. :/ /M/ was supposed to post it last week. And I thought he was this week, but I will just go ahead and post it. So it should be up in a minute or two.

#22 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

gray0x. The lush, green forest shots get me every time. icon_smile.gif

#23 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

I voted for CastChaos. Very mystical level. (And spooky...)

#24 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Feb 24 2008, 06:05 PM) View Post

And also, I do see that LostInHyru1e has sent me a PM and it says it went to /M/ too, so that is really weird. I have another screen from Gleeok too, but not sure if it was sent to /M/. So really sorry, I don't know what happened. I will for sure enter those into SotW 200, unless you went another pic to be in it. But I am posting SotW 200, so I will be sure to post them. Also, remember peeps to send them to both just in case.

By the way, I voted for gray0x.

Oh.. o_o

I knew I forgot something, but I just couldn't remember exactly what it was. Its been a while and I've been so busy lately that I completely forgot about it. Sorry about that Shoelace, I do now if you want. Also, I didn't get a shot by Gleeok.

Edit: nevermind, you posted it already..

#25 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

CastChaos: I love what you did with the fog, but, the rest of the design is somewhat bland. icon_unsettled.gif

Gray0x: It's the best screenshot this week, the only thing I can really point out is the dirt, the orangish colour is a little strange for a dirt colour.

Link1996: Oh my, Deja Vu. icon_freak.gif

Majora: Quite nice, though the design is a little straight, and those tree's and spikes in the middle of the path is a little wierd.

-----------V My Vote V----------------
My vote goes to Gray0x. icon_clap.gif

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 24 February 2008 - 07:32 PM.

#26 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

It feels good to be actually winning SotW. Thanks for the votes everybody.

Edit: 600th post!

Edited by gray0x, 24 February 2008 - 08:03 PM.

#27 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

CastChaos: That fog is awesome! *Votes*
Gray0x: It looks very good. I like it.
link1996: Poor cow! Why must the good die young? icon_cry.gif
Majora: Those trees don't fit in with the rest of the picture very well.

#28 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

CastChaos - 5/10
While I like the idea of using mists, I wonder if there is a way to make them more translucent and less opaque. For some reason I am not digging the tree arrangement. You might want to play around with it more to find a more pleasing arrangement, or decide on different trees. Maybe moving just a few trees could make all the difference, though. Maybe a few stones or other obstacles could be mixed in with the trees. You would have to play around to know if it would look any better though. As for the ground, I am sure something can be done to improve the detail, but I am scratching my head as to what specifically.

gray0x - 7/10
I like this arrangement a lot. Good ground detail, good selection of trees, good distribution of the trees, and I can't argue about the choice for link. The building and well certainly fit in with the rest of the screen without any problems. My vote goes here.

link1996 - (did not rate)
Since this was a repeat submission, I will withdraw any commenting as well.

Majora - 4/10
I admit that I don't find it pleasing to my eyes. I don't think those trees fit in at all (I have yet to ever see them fit in with anything), and the grass tiles are very simple. The walls and doors seem to be built for a more advanced tileset than do the details for most of the rest of the screen. Link's skin is brighter than everything else in the screen, except for those white flowers. The design is simple (horizontal and vertical lines are very easily given away all over) and there isn't much consistency among the tile choices. Please don't kill me. icon_frown.gif

#29 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

gray0x. beats the rest by a mile and a bit. good try to everyone else though. icon_razz.gif

#30 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:53 AM

IPB Image
"Can you tell the difference between dream, nightmare and reality?"

That's spooky! icon_razz.gif
This shot got my vote.

IPB Image
"Link stands outside of his house, completely forgetting what he was doing."

I like this one, nice subscreen and palette, but the screen design is a bit off.

IPB Image

Same screenshot????

IPB Image
"DIE SCRUB! I hate Deku Scrubs. Pesky bastards. OH LOOK MONIES!"

I don't like the trees at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users