Photo

Fake Screenshot of the Week 158

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 158

Plenty of entries this time around!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:52 AM

I'm here to post this week's SotW since Hero Link doesn't seem to be around. I have the access to the FTP and such, so I figured it wouldn't hurt if I posted it early for him. So here we go...

Taku of Miso
IPB Image
Whahahaha! This is what I've been doing for the past 5 months! Well, okay. Past 2 weeks. Whatever.

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image

Nick
IPB Image
Ah... the power of custom subscreens and scripting!

Mr. Z
IPB Image
So you thought I haven't been very active in Zquest lately, eh?

Radien
IPB Image
Here's a shot from a new Twilight Princess tileset I'm working on.

Relic
IPB Image
Totally 100% custom drawn, from a tileset I'm working on while I work on HF

Gashin
IPB Image
Not an April Fools joke. Nope

Hope I didn't forget to do something. It's been a good while since I last ran one of these. icon_shrug.gif

Make sure to send in your screenshots to Hero Link for next week. I'm more of a guest updater, I suppose. I simply don't have the time to update like back in the good ol' days. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, enjoy! Remember to vote for me! icon_smile.gif

[Edit by Relic] Seems SOMEBODY forgot to add in a couple entrants. Fixed now

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:12 AM

Here's the stumper.

Which ones of these isn't a joke shot? My head hurts just thinking about it!

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

Taku of Miso: Wonderful! Gets my vote! It's really good and better than the others! Pretty, awesome and great! That is all I can say about it.

Sharon Daniel: Good, good, not bad... But LttP crows in a MC forest? BS Link with LoZ light effect? And I bet that the water isn't still in ZC, rather flowing. You cheated by submitting a screenshot instead of an animated GIF.

Nick: This is horrible! Look at the palette, look at the crazy shading, look at the tile flaws! And what kind of Link it is? It's so fat, it's sure not from the PZC tile database...

Mr.Z: It almost got my vote. But then I realized that it was made with ZC1.0. How come, you couldn't upgrade your damned version to at least 2.10? With 2.10, you could have 8 characters, 5 enemies at the same time and much nicer background.

Radien: Could you ever post a screen in which actually HAPPENS something?! Link with three enemies and an almost plain ground. I feel like submitting a library scene with even the air is still.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:36 AM

I have a playable demo for my screenshot. icon_smile.gif I'll try to post it later today. I was considering saving the tileset for the spring expo, but I really wanted to surprise everybody. It'll mean another delay for DoR, but this time I definitely think it's worth it! icon_wink.gif

There are a lot of great shots this week, though. icon_eek.gif I'll be happy if I even get 20% of the votes.

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:36 AM

I nulled. Mr. Z's is my favorite though; the palette rocks.

#6 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

W...Whoa!!!! O_O

I thought I was a ZC guru but I had no clue screens like that were possible with ZC yet. I feel like a total zero right now looking at my crappy Lost isle screens... icon_frown.gif
Are you guys using the newest ZC build 254? Could someone please tell me how to make 3D quests like Radien seems to be doing? Is it a quest rule somewhere or just a screen flag?

Oh and I vote Radien, that shot is just too cool. No wait... I like Kirby too much to not to vote for it.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

@ & With Radien: I haven't tried, but in theory, it'd be possible to create a 3D Quest like Radien is presenting. It would involve creating different limbs, tacking them onto a model base, and changing each individually pending your actions. Then all you need to do is make eight directions for said models, and maybe, if you're feeling ambitious, (If you weren't already. icon_blah.gif ) make yet more models for other NPC's taking distance into account. (Though it's a relatively simple matter of simply shrinking them all proportionately in, say, Movie Gear, then ripping them right back in. Not a problem.)

Actually, yes, I think such a thing could be conceived of. You could probably script one of those "Hallway Systems" from old-school games, like Faxanadu, (Peteo, you recognize where I'm coming from, right? In those buildings with the bosses?) Those would be plum easy to do.

So Kudos, Radien, for taking the first initiative in this. icon_smile.gif icon_thumbsup.gif I hope it sets the high bar for the community. ^-^ Maybe push people a little harder.

Taku / Dethl: Holy mother of Venus! I absolutely love it! Of course, I'm a massive fan of Cave Story, (... Er ... Not fat, just .. a really big fan of it. icon_blah.gif icon_lol.gif ) .. I love how you laid everything out. I wonder how you'll be able to switch the weapons. L and R, right?

Sharon Daniel: Reminds me of the old style RPG games like King's Quest or Quest for Glory. I can't wait to try it. ^_^

Nick: If you have indeed scripted that successfully and pulled it off, ... ... Well I'd just be well beyond awe, and will subscribe to your beta testers weeks immediately. icon_wink.gif How many different Kirby abilities have been scripted so far?

Mr. Z: Now THIS is more like it! icon_biggrin.gif I assume that this involves a script? Otherwise it'd be a hellish amount of screens. I can certainly see how you could do this though. Very creative. icon_smile.gif

I have no idea who to vote for this week. I suppose I'll have to go for Radien since he composed this unique system first. icon_shrug.gif

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:22 AM

Actually, the funny things is that I thought it's real until I read Exate's post. I was like "Hey, my screen isn't there! Oh, no problem, I couldn't win against these..." Oh, sad lol.

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:25 AM

Taku of Miso: I voted for this screenshot simply because it is Cave Story.. in ZC. Great job with the subscreen too.

Sharon Daniel: The green used for the treetops is very ugly. It ruins the entire shot for me. If you were to fix that, it would have been my vote.

Nick: Nice use of the Kirby Superstar tiles, I know I wouldn't be able to use it well. The sword looks out of place, but there is nothing that can be done about it. Would have been my second vote.

Mr_Z: Well it is a nice background and has some great sprites, would have been my third vote.

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Apr 1 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post
Actually, the funny things is that I thought it's real until I read Exate's post. I was like "Hey, my screen isn't there! Oh, no problem, I couldn't win against these..." Oh, sad lol.
Well, unfortunately for you and Exate, all of these screenshots *are* entirely possible in ZC, even now. It's just difficult to get the scripting right, and you need perfect correspondence between the script and what's onscreen.

So the next time you post a screenshot that looks amazing, I for one won't say "It's a joke, right?" I will simply have faith in peoples' abilities, knowing that these are, in fact, quite possible.

#11 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:55 AM

Taku of Miso: Nothing special in this screenshot. Kind of bland.

Sharon Daniel: I love the old school pixel art. This gets my vote.

Nick: Eww... Colours are to saturated.

Mr. Z: Perspective is all wrong. Characters contrast too much with the background.

Radien: The screenshot is very off center. It is also very dim and hard to see. Plus, I doubt that the tileset will ever get finished.

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Apr 1 2007, 10:51 AM) View Post

Well, unfortunately for you and Exate, all of these screenshots *are* entirely possible in ZC, even now. It's just difficult to get the scripting right, and you need perfect correspondence between the script and what's onscreen.

So the next time you post a screenshot that looks amazing, I for one won't say "It's a joke, right?" I will simply have faith in peoples' abilities, knowing that these are, in fact, quite possible.

But Taku's and Sharon's are the only ones that could be made feasibly. Those really are possible, but it would take a lot of ripping.

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

I know that they are possible, that's why I thought that they are real. I also tried to make such screens whiches unbelieveable that were made with ZC. Result: lots of pretty screens, but nothing unbelieveable.

(still... the first two may be real...)

#13 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Apr 1 2007, 08:55 AM) View Post

Taku of Miso: Nothing special in this screenshot. Kind of bland.

You're a meanie!

icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Wait, who the heck is Taku of Miso?

#14 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:23 PM

Why do people hate the colors of my entry so much? They are almost directly from the DoR palette and nobody complained about that set. icon_frown.gif

#15 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

Mr. Z gets my vote. Its a very nice screen.

BTW: where my shot? I sent one in like a week ago. Oh well is sucked compared to these anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users