Super Mario Maker Level Sharing and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

Servers are back up. Thanks for the stars. :) I also wanted to say the Skyline v3 is a really well-done level. The beautification is good. The level is detailed, without being distracting or cluttered. You know, a lot of basic game design stuff learned in ZC applies here too. I wonder if Nintendo is having issues with the update since I'm still seeing v 1.2 instead of 3.0 on my title screen. Come on, I want to make my shooter level to add to the inevitable onslaught of shooter levels!

EDIT: Anyone else still occasionally accidentally spin-jump into a saw blade/ grinder in the SMW style? I catch myself taking some dumb hits cause I'm used to being able to do it in the original lol.

Update is out. Just started messing with the new features. The fire clown car is definitely the coolest addition, IMO. They did also change the P switch in the NSMBU style from the yellow "!" to a traditional blue P switch.

EDIT 2:

So I finished my mandatory shooter level, and I'm actually way happier than I thought I'd be with how it turned out. It's really long, and uses most of the blocks, and enemies in both rooms. However, you can be as OP as the level is, cause there are fire flowers, and wearable helmets to help you out. I am going to go ahead and say that this is probably a really hard course. There are a few places where you might get jammed up for not killing enemies quick enough, but I feel like it captures the action, and tension of a real shooter. There are check points, and the level is a fun challenge all in all. There is a tower of enemies at the end that you might see in the preview picture, which can be intimidating, but taking these guys out is actually pretty fun, and it's right after a checkpoint. ;)

Mario has been captured, and imprisoned deep underground. Find your way out of the cell, and escape the deep underground base through sewers (sure) and space (why not).

So here it is, this one is called "Escape from the Prison Planet", named after a Clutch song.

Code: 9869 0000 0127 6758

A few tips:

It is a good idea to wear a helmet (press down while carrying a Beetle shell). The helmet will deflect spike projectiles, Bullet Bills, and fire balls as long as it is hit on the very top. You can also move up into enemies with it, and take them out.

The clown car can land on top of bullets (including homing ones), and cannon fire to take them out.

Happy escaping!

• Fox and Colin like this

#122 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

So I recreated the Reznors battle from SMW. It has some changes, but it should be recognizable, as there is even a bridge that slowly falls away. You'll need to grab a spiked shell for your head though, but there's one conveniently located for you ;)

REZNORZ Battle Recreation (Spelled wrong, I know, there's no 'z', or even an 's' for that matter.)

9B92 0000 012A B273

I have a few other levels up now too, since my upload limit just increased. :D

Sinking Sanctuary

EF1B 0000 012A B6B7

NSMB style level where you must run along quickly to escape a sinking castle.

Bouncing Bob-Omb Brigade
80B8 0000 012A B903

This one might not stay up long. I had it up before, but no one really liked it, but I decided to upload it again after making some changes to make it less annoying. This is a pretty cool level if I do say so myself though. This SMB style level requires you to have some help from some bouncing bomb buddies.

Small Tunnels, Big Enemies
21C8 0000 012A BC8F

This is one of my first attempts at making a puzzle type level. It's short, and pretty easy to figure out. There is a secret (but deviously placed) exit to find as well. To save you some guess work if you don't know, you can spin jump on Spike tops safely.

More to come.

#123 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

Just played through a lot of your levels Anthus. They're all great! You have a pretty good eye for theme and design. I'll leave my comments for each individual level, then share what I've been working on.

Escape from the Prison Planet

Really loved this level. Fantastic use of the Fire Koopa Clown Car - one of the better shmups I've seen in Mario Maker. The length makes it really satisfying to complete, too.

REZNORZ Battle Recreation!

Haha, I liked the collapsing bridge. Simple level, but a fun idea, and you managed to simulate each part of the fight pretty well!

Singking Sanctuary

World record of about 11.5 seconds. ;) I found a very fast route, but also went through the long way. Fun level!

Bouncing Bob-Omb Brigade

This one was nice - had a couple difficult sections getting through the walls, but overall I didn't think it was too hard, especially since it was pretty short. I liked it!

Small Tunnels, Big Enemies

I enjoyed the level, though I'd say it's more of a maze than a puzzle. Nice aesthetics though, and I enjoyed moving between the spiketops. I'd like to see a little more gameplay variation with this theme, though. Mostly I just wanted to see more!

Angry Sun

Pretty cool recreation of the SMB3 sun! I actually didn't go through the level proper, but found the P-Switch (and leaf and star). Still, cool idea.

Vanilla Fortress (SMW)

Nice aesthetics for an underwater level. Seemed to have multiple paths, but I managed to clear it the first time through. Enjoyable in spite of being a water level!

SMW-Valley of Bowser Reimagined

Great level with lots of options! I beat it four times and found four different routes! Really nice to be able to replay a level like this.

Bullet Mole Bridge

A really cool concept. The level ends somewhat abruptly, but it's fun while it lasts!

I await more levels!

Here's what I've been working on!

N is for New Levels of Pain

https://supermarioma...-0000-0169-DB94

This is my take on the P is for Pain series. P is for Pain is a classic challenge level in which you constantly jump from P-Switch to P-Switch. It's quite difficult, and was made in the SMB1 theme. Later, another creator made M is for New Levels of Pain, a sequel in the SMB3 engine that's arguably more difficult. After that, a third creator released W is for World of Pain. I decided to create my own take on the level in the NSMBU theme: N is for New Levels of Pain. It's probably the hardest level in the series. I highly recommend using the editor, though the one clear so far is from someone who managed it blind! I have a video showcasing my clear of the level for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube....h?v=K0i3JClaUWE

Good luck! This one took quite a while to build and upload!

Meanwhile, nobody has cleared my level Everyone Needs a No-Clear Level.

https://supermarioma...-0000-00D1-D24B

As it's been out for about ten weeks (and I have a capture card now), I decided to record a clear of the level. It's a puzzle-kaizo, so maybe now that people can see the solution, someone will manage to clear it. I hope so!

https://www.youtube....h?v=ovbRT_D-xwg

• Anthus likes this

#124 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:21 AM

Here are my somewhat random mediocre levels.

"Your typical castle, right? V2"

ID: EA2E-0000-019C-973D

Basically one of my first levels I made. Pretty much a puzzle within the castle setting. Tried to make a Bowser fight at the end that didn't suck too.

"Can Pikachu make it through? V2"

ID: 5E71-0000-019C-9EFB

This one is less about puzzles and more about timing jumps and avoiding enemies. Requires some knowledge on how some complex things work. This one is the harder of the two.

Neither are insanely difficult, nor are they that easy. You'll probably lose about 5 or so lives on the first and somewhere in the 10ish range for the second I'd wager. They do have a few too many powerups imo, but I'm not good at balancing those yet. No one seems to be able to beat these levels anyway.

#125 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:25 AM

SMMr (Super Mario Maker) is a game for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS that players can use to make and play Mario levels.

My SMMr account username is Arbok22 and please feel free to distribute, record, broadcast, edit, download etc. my levels.

My newest Level's ID is
0C6C 0000 01DD 0226

#126 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

Getting back into mario maker (not for long :P)
So I made a hard level, can you beat it? I dare you!

Name: Overgrown Grassland
Course ID: E9E7-0000-01F2-FF7C

Hope you enjoy it!

• Anthus likes this

#127 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

I'm currently working on a project that turns every SMB 1 stage into a style that resembles NSMBU more, but maintain the same SMB style. It may feel unfamiliar to you because of the NSMBU based engine and level design. I currently have World 1-1 to 7-3 completed so far. Here's World 1:

------------
 World 1
------------
**SMB 1 Remake 1-1:**

76D2-0000-01A7-A1FD

**SMB 1 Remake 1-2:**

F80C-0000-01A7-C6E3

**SMB 1 Remake 1-3:**

85D5-0000-01A8-35F2 

**SMB 1 Remake 1-4:**

35B5-0000-01A8-4293

Edited by DaLink, 06 April 2016 - 10:07 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#128 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:48 PM

SMMr (Super Mario Maker) is a game for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS that players can use to make and play Mario levels.

I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread already knows what this game is, and that it's not on 3DS.

edit pretty darn close to a year later:

well the 3DS version happened but you can't search for courses so

Anyway, here's a couple recent ones:

■ 0A9D-0000-020C-81AA — This one's mostly just me messing around with pipes. If you stack multiple warp pipes on the same space, the stack itself leads to the destination of the first pipe that was placed, effectively making any subsequent pipes in the stack one-way.

3FA8-0000-0218-2D0B — I'm pretty sure rafting on lava is actually much more dangerous than this.

Edited by Espilan, 18 December 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#129 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

Tracks and Lava Bubbles - A simple castle level that has Lava Bubbles and Moving Platforms that jump back and forth between tracks. DIfficulty: Not very hard

Pillar Jumping - Literally made in 10 minutes. It has increasingly more difficult jumps. No strings attached. Difficulty: Depends on how patient you are

Castle #9999 - A castle that is slightly based on the first castle from world 6 in Mario 3. You have to dodge Fire Bars, Lava Bubbles and Thwomps as you ride the platform. Difficulty: Tricky.

Crazy Race Cave - Play as Golden Mario and make some difficult jumps as you try to reach the next checkpoint before your star runs out. Difficulty: Hella annoying

Caution: Fire Breathing Plants! - Lots of vertical pipes with Piranha Plants in them. The one that aren't upside down shoot fire at you. Feels a bit like a traditional Mario 3 level. Difficulty: Just take it easy.

Goombas and Springs - A puzzle level where you have to transport Goombas to strategic spots so you can crush them beneath your feet as you reach new heights. Difficulty: The last one is a noob filter.

House of Tracks - A short stage that has White Skulls on tracks. Difficulty: I think it's really easy.

Ghost House of Challenges - Requires you to perform tricks that young players often get stuck on, such as spin jumping and wall jumping. Difficulty: Don't embarrass me, son

Monty's Challenge - This incredibly short stage requires a few well timed jumps. Difficulty: I keep failing

Cave of Jaaaaampu! - A stage based on the Ayasaki Yuu costume, full of jumping enemies. JAAAAMPU! Difficulty: Quite tough. Note: Don't you dare finish this stage without your costume!

Scrolling Stakes - A, uh, scrolling stage with... Stakes. Pay attention to your surroundings, because the stakes keep breaking blocks. Difficulty: Pretty hard I guess

Round and round the grinder goes - Grinders on curved tracks! Fun! 3/101 clear rate! But the average Mario Maker player sucks, so I'm sure you can do better! Difficulty: You have trained all your life for this

Koopa Cannon Castle - A castle with Koopas that carry Cannons on their backs (can you already see where I get my names from?). I think it's awesome. The average player doesn't. The average player also never gives me any fricken stars. Don't be like the average player. Difficulty: Challenging I guess

Spiketops and Ice - Sigh, do I really need to tell you what to expect here? Difficulty: 5% clear rate, just as usual

΄ω΄ - A SUPER EASY stage, New Mario Bros style Grasslands and all, that people STILL keep dying at. Like every single obstacle has killed someone at least once. Well, at least it's popular I guess. Difficulty: REALLY REALLY EASY

Don't touch the P - Naughty name aside, this is a puzzle/action stage. Which also means the clear rate is below 1%. I guess this one's clear percentage is a bit more realistic, because you die if you're either too slow or too fast. Difficulty: Have faith in your Game Genie

Super Generic Land - Description done. Difficulty: How hard was Super Mario Brothers 1?

Don't do power-ups, m'kay? - A less ordinary stage where you have to dodge powerups. This time not only mushrooms, but flowers, leaves and stars too. Difficulty: Sigh, back to the Munchers...

Castle of Gates - A labyrinth where you have to drop Platforms and the Cannons (gates) that are on top of them. Fun. No check points. Ouch. Difficulty: I don't know how people keep dying here. I mean, just look around. How hard is it to dodge enemies that don't move?

I think that's everything I haven't posted yet. Have fun.

(And give me stars plz, in the last month I haven't even received 10 stars. People are reaaaally reluctant to star someone nowadays. But I want to be able to upload more stages already)

#130 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:11 AM

My level course named
nigella4me
has a course ID which is
523D-0000-021C-66C2

My course nigella4me is named after the YouTube user nigella4me

If you would like To Do A Playthrough Of My Up Above Mentioned Course For A Video, please do So.

My Super Mario Maker account name is Arbok22

To all please feel free to do playthrough videos of my other Arbok22 levels including nigella4me level.

#131 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

523D-0000-021C-66C2 is a wonderful level I arbok22 on Super Mario Maker made. I star many courses and my courses have been starred before.

#132 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

So I got my hands on Super Mario Maker 3DS, and I'm having a blast.  Sure, it doesn't have the same amount of content as the Wii U version, but since I don't have a Wii U, this is better than nothing.  Nintendo made it so you can only share levels via streetpass, and not online, though there's already a guy on GBATemp that's working around that via a homebrew app.  All in all, it'll be fun making mario levels on the go.

#133 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

I haven't played this in quite some time, but I have six seven new levels! Well, two are actually really old, but I never uploaded them before. Let's get started!

Thwomp in the Sea of Fire

2E44-0000-0307-D386

This started out as a side scrolling re-imagining of Bowser in the Fire Sea from SM64, but it grew and took on a life of its own. It's not too hard, and there's not any random BS, so take a crack at it if you want. 9.09% clear rate.

Hunter-Gatherer

20CE-0000-0307-D4CC

This is an experimental level with a few paths to get through it. It demands strategic use of P switches, and bob-ombs to navigate a fairly short maze of 5x5 blocks of varying types. I would like to do this again, but making this one was kind of hard, honestly. It can be hard. It can be kind of confusing. You might hate it. 0 clears out of 11 plays.

Who Thought This Was A Good Idea

90AA-0000-0308-9CE1

Nobody. That's who. Short spin jump level. Not really as hard as it might seem. But you'll need your reflexes about you. 2 out of 34 clears.

Bullet Bill Lends a Hand

97D0-0000-0308-9DE8

This short stage is easy as long as you keep a bullet bill with you till the end, and remember, Thwomps don't stand a change against the red spiked helmet of doom! No clears, but only two tries.

SUPER MARIO RUN ™

49CF-0000-0308-A2FB

Are you a disgruntled Android user? Sick of Apple getting all the cool toys first? Well, fret no more, cause Nintendo has hired me to port the iOS version of the game to Wii U! Sure.... Okay, so I'm actually kind of proud of this. I will admit, I saw the idea in someone else's level, but not to this extent. You'll need to use the R button to reach the highest path. 66% clear rate. It's pretty easy, but fun to play.

The Mushroom Kingdom

A5F2-0000-0308-A70D

Would you believe me if I told you that SMB's World 1 fits in its entirety (sans the castle) into just ONE SMM level space? Well, it does, and I did it. Got bonus rooms too. No warp zone though, for obvious reasons. I might make other worlds from SMB too, but we'll see. 7 out of 13 clears.

EDIT: Okay, I made one more

The Ghost of Good Level Design

8EAA-0000-0309-054B

This is my first completed ghost house stage. These have always been my least favorite stages. This one is.. unique? I guess? Just don't panic, it's not nearly as hard as it looks. Just watch the ghosts carefully, and be aware that you need to manipulate their movement to some degree, especially at the start. I'll admit, I made this in like, 20 minutes. I'd like to flesh this gimmick out a bit more. I don't usually make stages that fast cause of my slight OCD about this stuff, so consider this one a test of sorts.

Let me know what you think. :)

#134 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

I love my course that has an ID of
8E5D-0000-0365-FCB0
which you can star my course(s) if you want to.

I am Arbok22 on
Super Mario Maker

#135 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

I made some levels.

I'm Mola Ram on Super Mario Maker.

Dungeon 2 has a ID of:

62D9-0000-03AF-AD43

https://supermarioma...-0000-03B0-05B9

Dungeon 3 has a ID of:

652A-0000-03B0-2CE8

https://supermarioma...-0000-03B0-2CE8

Donkey kong like auto scroller has a ID of:

1C18-0000-03AF-AD43

https://supermarioma...-0000-03AF-AD43

Edited by TheRock, 08 November 2018 - 10:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users