Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4561 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

I haven't got there, but I just got the code to pass time. It was given to me by the blue toad in bowser's shop

EDIT: it's when bowser's back need stimulating

I had to search on Google and now i remember. Mario and Luigi even start drinking tea. I honestly never had an issue with that sequence because i always went to get a drink or a snack while they were waiting for Bowser's back to heal.

#4562 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

I had to search on Google and now i remember. Mario and Luigi even start drinking tea. I honestly never had an issue with that sequence because i always went to get a drink or a snack while they were waiting for Bowser's back to heal.

I think I remember going to the bathroom because I had nothing better to do when I first played it :P

Anyway, I just got Battle Network 6 Gregar (only red sun and colonel until the complete set), Revelations: The Demon Slayer (one of the only E-rated SMT games to hit America), and Wild Arms 3 for $54. Apparently N64 Expansion Packs go for $35 now 0_0

#4563 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

I was just told I'm about to enter the final fight in M&L:BIS. It's a better game than I initially gave it credit for. I still prefer the original, but this game deserves its spot in the series, I just miss the focus being on the Bros. and the world opens up to free exploration a bit late in the game.

Edited by Cukeman, 05 December 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#4564 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

Man I just really like both Paper Mario games and the Mario & Luigi games, the timed moves really add another layer to turn based battles and incorporate gameplay in a fun way. Wish the original Paper Mario had stylish moves tho.

EDIT: Not saying other RPGs aren't more complex.

Edited by Cukeman, 09 December 2017 - 02:10 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#4565 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

a strange game, El Shaddai : ascenson of Metatron, The game has a strange graphics, good in the almost part of the game, but in some places it is deliberately childish and in others it has colors and layers that make it irritating. The protagonist is very strong and the game is far too easy, and the game is short. The story is based on an ancient text, the book of Enoch, a apocryphal book of the Bible, in practice is a story that take place before the deluge

#4566 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Right now, I'm mostly playing 20XX, which I know that least one other person around here has it as well. It's currently available on Steam, but PS4 and XB1 versions are in the works, and the lead developer has expressed an interest in trying to get it onto the Switch as well.

It's a roguelike platformer heavily inspired by Mega Man X. The game's playable characters handle similarly to X and Zero, and you go through ten stages of increasing length and difficulty, with a complete run being about as long as the first Mega Man X game in terms of how long it usually takes to finish. Because it is a roguelike, stage layouts and enemy placement are random-ish—the game arranges a handful of premade map segments which have their own possible enemy placements—and you have to do the whole run on a single life, but you're allowed to suspend your run after each boss if you need to take a break, and as you keep playing the game, between runs you'll be allowed to unlock new items that can start appearing on later runs, to make things a bit easier the next time around.

There are optional difficulty modifiers (if playing the game on its normal difficulty isn't enough), daily/weekly seeded challenge runs (normal and hard versions of both) with leaderboards, manual seed entry, and a boss rush mode.

There's also local (shared screen) and online co-op for two players, and both players can use the same character if they want.

Edited by Espilan, 10 December 2017 - 03:28 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#4567 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

Right now, I'm mostly playing 20XX, which I know that least one other person around here has it as well. It's currently available on Steam, but PS4 and XB1 versions are in the works, and the lead developer has expressed an interest in trying to get it onto the Switch as well.

It's a roguelike platformer heavily inspired by Mega Man X. The game's playable characters handle similarly to X and Zero, and you go through ten stages of increasing length and difficulty, with a complete run being about as long as the first Mega Man X game in terms of how long it usually takes to finish. Because it is a roguelike, stage layouts and enemy placement are random-ish—the game arranges a handful of premade map segments which have their own possible enemy placements—and you have to do the whole run on a single life, but you're allowed to suspend your run after each boss if you need to take a break, and as you keep playing the game, between runs you'll be allowed to unlock new items that can start appearing on later runs, to make things a bit easier the next time around.

There are optional difficulty modifiers (if playing the game on its normal difficulty isn't enough), daily/weekly seeded challenge runs (normal and hard versions of both) with leaderboards, manual seed entry, and a boss rush mode.

There's also local (shared screen) and online co-op for two players, and both players can use the same character if they want.

I have seen that game, and wanted to check it out, but I suck at roguelikes. Or, more accurately, I just hate redoing stuff if it takes upwards of 5+ minutes to get back to where I was. It does actually look really cool though. The only roguelike I have finished was Spelunky (the "HD" version, but I have played the original freeware version too), and that was pretty hard, but that game was fun. This game sounds around the same length, so it might be worth checking out. I'm just horribly impatient at times in games. 

Edit: Actually, sounds like "reverant mode" is for me. Three lives is still rough, but a lot better than one!

#4568 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

Actually, sounds like "reverant mode" is for me. Three lives is still rough, but a lot better than one!

I forgot to mention that, whoops.

Reverent Mode is identical to Normal in pretty much every way, except yeah, you get three lives instead of one. The first or second death restarts the current stage, or if you die at a boss, the boss corridors function as checkpoints just like you'd expect them to. Just think of that mode like trying to clear any other MM game without using continues.

Also, one of the unlockable items is a thing that restores you back to half HP one time upon your death. It can appear multiple times in a run, allowing you to cheat death once for every copy of it you've picked up.

Edited by Espilan, 10 December 2017 - 08:35 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#4569 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

20xx is pretty good and the characters really do control very similar to Megaman and Zero in the SNES games. The only problems I have with the game is that it only has 4 environments to play through and the enemy variety is slightly lacking. Presumably these issues will be sorted out in future content updates to the game.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 11 December 2017 - 10:19 AM.

#4570 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

Superstar saga 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D finally arrived in the mail, so i finally have something else i want to play. It's pretty hypocritical of me for getting Superstar Saga 3DS when i criticized for being pointless, but i guess i just wanted a physical copy of the game.

Maybe this time i actually 100% Majora's Mask, where i last time i left it at 99% with one missing heart piece.

• Cukeman likes this

#4571 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

I've been playing a number of games lately, including Fire Emblem Warriors, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition, and Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, but on the 4th... not the 1st... Grrr... Amazon... Anyways, on the 4th, I got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition. That's the only game I have been playing since it had arrived at my doorstep, and I am loving every bit of it. Great music, great environments, colorful cast of characters so far. It's living up to my expectations of it so far. I do have a more detailed post about my experience over in the Xenoblade 2 topic.

#4572 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition

I picked this one up too. I owned it on the Wii U, and loved it. I did not like most of the touch control levels (at first) and was happy to here that other versions did not have them. I 100% completed the Wii U version with 700 Teensies, all Creatures, tickets, medals, and trophies. So, I saw that the total went from 700 Teensies, to 820 Teensies. I thought, "oh, awesome, new levels". Turns out, you have to playthrough the Wii U gamepad levels in Hand Held mode here.

The rest of the game is so good, I don't really care that much, but initially, it was kind of a slap, imo. However, after playing the levels without touch controls, it almost feels like something is missing, especially in the more creative food themed touch levels (the ones I actually liked). Lol, there is no pleasing me, I guess.

#4573 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

I also had the version on the Wii U, which mainly consists of digital games, as I only have a few physical games that I had bought later in the systems lifetime. I was going digital with 3DS and Wii U, because whenever I was in a jam for money, I'd sell my games, because they held a decent value.... but.. that's not the reason I am posting. :lol:

Anyhow, I had played it for a while on the Wii U, and it was quite a fun game while I did play. I got a decent ways into the game, and I guess I got sidetracked by other games. Now I have this version on my Switch, which has already gotten so much use with other games. I figured I would give it a play again, and perhaps I will make it all the way to the end, hopefully going for 100%. Was never a huge fan of the touchscreen areas though. Noticing that there was that entire section filled with just that kind of bummed me out a little bit, but if they were to get rid of those levels altogether, it would be lacking some of it's original substance. I actually am doing better from the beginning on this one though, as I am getting all of the Teensies in each level, or at least most of them before I move onto the next. I have the world Teensies in Trouble 100% done. But with Xenoblade 2, it'll be a while before I get back to it, unfortunately.

#4574 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Started Majora's Mask 3DS and i already like being able to actually save at the owl statues and the bomber's notebook is actually useful.

#4575 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

Maybe this time i actually 100% Majora's Mask, where i last time i left it at 99% with one missing heart piece.

Was it the fisherman's island hopping game? That was the one for me, there was no clue that I saw that you could take that boat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users