Tests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:41 AM

Please be patient, this is a beta version (complete). Please report any bug or suggestion :)
Quest with z3 scrolling
2 Languages, French, English
2.52 version
Can fix with same .sav (probably)
http://www.mediafire...e-Beta.qst/file

Edited by Gégé, 14 June 2020 - 06:44 AM.

• Matthew, Lüt, Epsalon ZX and 1 other like this

#2 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:51 AM

Please be patient, this is a beta version (complete). Please report any bug or suggestion :)
Quest with z3 scrolling
2 Languages, French, English
2.52 version
Can fix with same .sav (probably)
http://www.mediafire...e-Beta.qst/file

Nice Be Aware i Will Test it :D

#3 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:10 AM

1. No save points. Have fun going through half of overworld and chunk of a dungeon every time you die. 

2. Ledge jumping results in bug that wiped save file.

3. Extreme delay for stone/block pushing. Make sure that practicular block is 100% pushable. Should you get stuck in a dungeon due to missing a pushable among the same looking others and you get serious trouble.

4. An option to turn off that fancy z3 scrolling and return to good old flip screen scrolling would be nice.

5. Zora`s fireballs are absurdly fast. That`s fine, if you have automatic magic shield...

• Lightwulf and Gégé like this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

I downloaded it. Will try it ASAP.

#5 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

2. Ledge jumping results in bug that wiped save file.

That ?
6IzkMMX.png

#6 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

That ?
6IzkMMX.png

Sometimes, after such jump, I start uncontrollably moving in one direction, usually straight into water and eventually off screen. The result was wiped save slot for beta. 2.53.

#7 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:05 PM

I only tested on 2.52 version, Can you do any Screenshot or video ?

Edited by Gégé, 14 June 2020 - 03:10 PM.

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:04 PM

Sometimes, after such jump, I start uncontrollably moving in one direction, usually straight into water and eventually off screen. The result was wiped save slot for beta. 2.53.

Did ZC crash, that wiped the .sav slot? What events transpired that led to a Game->Save?!

What ZC Player version did you use Alucard? 2.50.2? 2.53.0R2? Some 2.53.1 Beta? A 2.55. Alpha?

This will help not only Gégé, but will also determine if we broke anything in any of those newer builds that affects this, that we can fi internally.

P.S. Flip-screen is likely not in the cars, here. That would require a massive game rewrite, and I'm unsure why you would want it, as the entire point of this quest is Z3 scrolling.

The other issues, can surely be addressed. If Gégé moves this to 2.55 at some point, he can use the new F slot for a save menu that can be use anywhere. Even in 2,50., this is easy, but you have more options (an save types) in the new player.

Similarly, things such as his subscreen code can be made more portable, and other things cleaned up, but that is his option.

It is wondourful to see this quest progress to a Beta stage. It would be equally lovely to test it in 2.53.1, Beta 51+, and in 2.5.0 Alpha 73+ to rule out player issues.

#9 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:17 AM

ZC player used: 2.53 build 33. No ZC crashing happened, as for now.

As for ZC save file wipe, that uncontrollable movement after ledge jump warped me into darkish world with nothing but stuff after finishing level 1. As for save file wipe, I had nasty habit at saving often which got me this time because restarting at dark world with nothing but a wooden sword, shield, candle and the feather. Off to to restart, because I haven`t advanced very far.

6. Lack of spacebar map makes it very difficult to navigate overworld.

7. Level 1. Minecart does not hurt enemies while riding.

8. Enemies & puzzles reset after restarting after loading from save. Have fun getting to boss after each failed attempt at beating him.

9. Link have nasty habit of slipping into pit or water after jump, thus demanding precise timing.

10. There is a nasty 1-way tree just south of the worker that sells shovel.

Also I am having trouble getting to lock that unlocks level 2.

getIzER.png

Edited by Alucard648, 15 June 2020 - 04:19 AM.

• Gégé likes this

#10 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:23 AM

Unlocked by shovel

#11 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:13 AM

Unlocked by shovel

Have fun trying to find that diggable spot that leads via cavern to keyhole. I have found L2 key by pure accident.

• Lightwulf likes this

#12 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

Here are a couple of quick suggestions after playing for a few minutes:

- Please, give us the option to disable the continuous heart beep. I have this disabled in ZC, but the quest doesn't take that setting into account.

- One full heart of damage for touching water seems harsh. Most quests that have water damage have it at 1/4 heart.

- Getting to choose the text speed would be nice, as it appears not all messages can be skipped when you're finished reading, and they can be very slow to disappear.

- Most characters only say "Yes?", I figure this is something you will change in the release version. But since some characters actually have something to say, how about making it so the player can see which characters will actually tell you something interesting?

From what I've seen, this beta is still rough around the edges, but congrats on the technical performance anyway.

• Lightwulf and Gégé like this

#13 Gégé

Gégé

Senior

• Members

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion / opinion. I'll see what I can do and post the finished quest.  :love:

Edited by Gégé, 13 July 2020 - 01:38 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users