Photo

Screenshot of the Week 350

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 350 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Dec 29 2011, 01:39 PM) View Post

You know, I learned something this week. I learned that no matter how hard I try, I can't do anything. I have no true power of my own, nor do I have anything at all that I can contribute to this community. Only with the power of God can I do anything meaningful. In fact, if it wasn't for His power, I would either be a jerk or a dead man. I have not earned a single thing that I have in my life. Everything that I have was given to me. The only true gift that I have is that I am blessed with the things and the life that I have. The sole purpose of my existence is to observe, remember, and think.

I would have voted for Orin XD's shot had I not entered. Due to what I said above, I will never enter this contest ever again. That is an eternal promise, and nothing will ever change my mind. Nothing at all. Entering this contest is my second big mistake on this site. Submitting loose tiles is my first big mistake.

Nolornbon, the fact that people don't for your shot is not an attack on you. As odd as it sounds, you must embrace failure and not run away from it as you are doing. I'm glad you were in SOTW--it already shows you had enough courage to put your own work out for others to judge. But one should never expect to be praised when something's being judged. If you really want something- ike a SOTW victory you have to work for it and expect to fall short. It's the only way you get better. Quitting doesn't accomplish anything. (And if you ask me, you shouldn't rely on God to carry you through, either, but that's a whole different topic.)

Do you see what I mean? icon_shrug.gif I say stick with it, even though you claim you've shut yourself from this competition for good.

Edited by nicklegends, 30 December 2011 - 05:23 AM.

#32 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

Ugh... I voted a few days ago, and I forget who I voted for. I think it was Rambly, but I'm not certain. Well... either way, time for my usual breakdown.

(Okay I was gonna post a video of someone having a breakdown and I was too lazy to sift through YouTube for a good one and I remembered this song named Breakdown so I grabbed it and threw it up here it's not even one of my favorites but whatever.)

Alison - Always liked this palette for some reason. Either way, it's a strange, but interesting shot. Pretty well designed, and the concept actually has me kind of interested in its meaning...

Hubydweyer - Good basic design and layout, but it's pretty open and has a little abundance of grass detail tiles... I'd say add something in that middle-left area to fill up some of the space or something. Otherwise, looks good enough.

Rambly - Yeah, starting to think I voted for this one. I really like it; the palette is neat, those mountains are nice, the layout is smooth and sound. Very well done, absolutely zero complaints for this one.

Orin XD - This one's also nice, but those two snow piles at the top of the screen shouldn't be on the same line like that. Something strikes me funny about that random cut plant base on the dirt on the left side of the screen, but otherwise, well done.

Gonken - It's pretty, but kinda basic compared to your previous work. I don't get the sense that there's much going on here at all. icon_unsettled.gif

Feenicks - ALttP tiles... sexy. Looks pretty good, although the mountain walls on the bottom look a little too... straight. It's kind of boring, but the middle of the screen looks pretty good. Nice work.

William - Nice shot, as I've said in chat. The clouds and dirt look good, and the layout is good. Those trees look kinda flat but I'm not sure if that was the point of the tileset or not. Anyway, solid work.

Nolornbon - This shot is... confusing. I get that there's a dual-story house with Santa on it, and there's a three story pub, but it looks more like three ground level houses stacked on top of each other, cutting off the house below it. And then cutting into a snowbank. It just... seems unnatural, really. icon_unsettled.gif

#33 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Alison - 6 votes = 13.95%
Hubydweyer - 0 votes = 0.00%
Rambly - 7 votes = 16.28%
Orin XD - 4 votes = 9.30%
Gonken - 18 votes = 41.86%
Feenicks - 0 votes = 0.00%
William - 6 votes = 13.95%