• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

We have refined the shovel quite a bit. Additionally, here is a more cohesive video showing off a lot of the nifty scripted features! I hope you enjoy these videos:

• judasrising, Eddy, Sheik and 11 others like this

#2 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

Very nice!

• Shane likes this

#3 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:19 AM

Discord on PC has ben giving me trouble lately, but may i suggest a more Gb accurate sword script? like when you press the button rapidly it doesn't always hit right in front of you.

• Shane likes this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

Discord on PC has ben giving me trouble lately, but may i suggest a more Gb accurate sword script? like when you press the button rapidly it doesn't always hit right in front of you.

This is something we will only consider if we see a good sword script. Otherwise there's no real plans for such a script as the default sword does its job fairly well.

Also rapid sword swinging is a quest rule actually, so might want to look into it? Under Items, it's the "Quick Sword" rule.

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Seems to be coming along nicely. Since you already have a scripted subscreen, I wonder if maybe it'd be possible to combine my seed shooter/satchel items into one slot like in the oracle games...Them taking so many items because of how ZC's subscreen works was the one thing I wasn't quite satisfied with.

• judasrising and Shane like this

#6 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

"Also rapid sword swinging is a quest rule actually, so might want to look into it? Under Items, it's the "Quick Sword" rule. "
thats what im referring to. quick sword, if you rapidly press it, the sword's hit box wont register directly in front of link until you stop pressing the button so fast. which is very unlike other 2d zelda games. its almost as if its redoing the animation every time you press the button, instead of waiting for the animation to end before re-cycling

Edited by Zaxarone, 30 December 2017 - 09:32 PM.

• Shane likes this

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

This is something we will only consider if we see a good sword script. Otherwise there's no real plans for such a script as the default sword does its job fairly well.Also rapid sword swinging is a quest rule actually, so might want to look into it? Under Items, it's the "Quick Sword" rule.

Perhaps, once the contest is over, I might consider donating one, but I would advise waiting until ZC has the weapon editor implemented, so that scripted swords can use the NPC Sword defence properly.

I have a fair amount of experience with scripted swords, and the reality is that you do not want those hacks in your engine, in the way that you must implement them in present-ZC.
  • Shane and Lightwulf like this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

Seems to be coming along nicely. Since you already have a scripted subscreen, I wonder if maybe it'd be possible to combine my seed shooter/satchel items into one slot like in the oracle games...Them taking so many items because of how ZC's subscreen works was the one thing I wasn't quite satisfied with.

I believe Lunaria doesn't want to script a submenu within a menu. I'm not her and I lack scripting experience, so I can't really get into why. But thanks either way!

"Also rapid sword swinging is a quest rule actually, so might want to look into it? Under Items, it's the "Quick Sword" rule. "
thats what im referring to. quick sword, if you rapidly press it, the sword's hit box wont register directly in front of link until you stop pressing the button so fast. which is very unlike other 2d zelda games. its almost as if its redoing the animation every time you press the button, instead of waiting for the animation to end before re-cycling

Now you have me lost, sorry. If you were referring to the quest rule, why were you asking for a script? In any case, our decision remains the same. I believe the default ZC sword (and quest rule) does the job nicely, just not perfectly. It is a minor detail after all.

Perhaps, once the contest is over, I might consider donating one, but I would advise waiting until ZC has the weapon editor implemented, so that scripted swords can use the NPC Sword defence properly.

I have a fair amount of experience with scripted swords, and the reality is that you do not want those hacks in your engine, in the way that you must implement them in present-ZC.

A generous offer. I guess we (being me and Lunaria) will have to discuss this sometime. Thanks!

• Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users