Final Beta, Top Weapon Picks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

The (this time for sure) last Beta before release is up. This has the fixed key item logic, two new modes of placing items, plus all the little fixes I've had for some time. All I plan to do before release is fix any more bugs that come up and add a new custom Weapon Mix Option called Top Picks.

For those who have played a few times, you might have noticed the last 5 weapons can vary from seed to seed. The Weapon Mix options can influence what those weapons are, but they are still random. I'm sure a few have caught your attention and would like to be able to use them more often.

So from now until the 1.0 release, I am looking for input for the top 5 popular random weapons. There are 30 to choose between, split between 5 categories.

(List is hidden for those who want to be surprised encountering them for the first time)

Spoiler

When the Item Count is set to High, these random items also get an upgrade.

The way this works is, post the 5 weapons you want to see the most, and another 5 you also like. Your top 5 will count as 2 points toward that weapon, and the other 5 will count as 1 point. Only post these picks once, but you can edit the post if your choices change. When I'm about to tally the scores and add the feature, I'll make another post. Then a day later, I'll take whatever posts have been done at that point.

The highest 5 scoring weapons will be the top picks. In the case of a Tie resulting in 6 or more top picks, I'll focus on weapon type variety for the tiebreaker.

I want to have the 1.0 release before the end of the year, so assume about 2 weeks time for input.

If you want to encounter and play around with these weapons you have yet to see, the fastest way to do so is press Ex4 on the Randomizer Options. This sets the options so there are items in every location, and only 8 Main Shrines to explore, resulting in an item heavy, shorter run. You can set the Weapon Mix to a specific category to see 5 of the 6 weapons of that type.

#2 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

I did find one typo on this screen. forwrd s/b forward

YZfzAGu.jpg

#3 Dockside2012

Dockside2012

• Members

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:54 AM

I haven't used all of the random weapons yet, so I can't really make a top 5 list, but I am really loving the chain chomp! Definitely a top pick for me! By the way, thanks for adding the "none" option for the "Items in Shrines" menu.

#4 naal

naal

• Members

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

gemshot

flame bomb

wind tome

shield throw

bee in bottle

missile

fire tome

laser tome

shrapnel bomb

bolas

Edited by naal, 01 January 2018 - 08:13 PM.

#5 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Less than a week remains in the year. I'll likely try to have Mirage Island out before the weekend, so about 3 days remain (insert obvious meme image here).

This is what the random weapons look like (in the same order as the list from earlier)

Spoiler

As mentioned before, just post your top 5 weapon picks, and another 5 you would be okay with winning. Your top 5 count as 2 points, and your okay with 5 are 1 point. You can elect to just list the top 5. If you list fewer than 5, I'll count them as "okay with".

One other thing of note. If any of the top 5 weapons can be used without any Magic/Ammo, then there will be a chance the highest rated one could be the starting weapon when Top Picks are selected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users