Twilight princess wolf link in zquest

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

is it posible to have link change his form whenentering a curtain demap and change back when in another like in twilight princess?

im using 2.5

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

I'm no scripter and therefore don't have any knowledge how to set such a thing up, but yes, it is possible with scripting.

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Yes you can! And the best thing is YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT SCRIPTING! First, be sure to check off the quest rule "Expanded Link Tile Modifiers" under animation. Next, make a custom item (set the type to Rings) that sets link's palette to that of his wolf form. Set the "Link Tile Modification" under GFX to the position of link's altered sprites in relation to his original sprites (each tile row is 20 tiles long). Set it so link starts with the Wolf Link item and disable it on all DMaps that don't use it. On the ones that do, disable all of link's shield items (not doing so could cause glitchyness). Be sure that you have upward facing shield sprites (most tilesets should have them) for all versions of link. Have fun!

#4 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Apr 1 2010, 06:41 PM) View Post

Yes you can! And the best thing is YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT SCRIPTING! First, be sure to check off the quest rule "Expanded Link Tile Modifiers" under animation. Next, make a custom item (set the type to Rings) that sets link's palette to that of his wolf form. Set the "Link Tile Modification" under GFX to the position of link's altered sprites in relation to his original sprites (each tile row is 20 tiles long). Set it so link starts with the Wolf Link item and disable it on all DMaps that don't use it. On the ones that do, disable all of link's shield items (not doing so could cause glitchyness). Be sure that you have upward facing shield sprites (most tilesets should have them) for all versions of link. Have fun!

i can't seem to get it to work can you pm me some pictures

#5 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Here is an example picture of Link Tile Modifiers:
IPB Image
In this case, there are three blocks for three shields. In your case, one block will look like Wolf Link. Just replace each tile in one block with the equivalent tile of Wolf Link. Assuming you have one shield plus wolf form, you start with the tiles on the first block. The wolf item has an LTM of 80 (4 rows x 20 tiles), but is disabled on all DMaps but the wolf dmaps. Ignore the third block.

Get it now?

#6 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Apr 2 2010, 02:20 PM) View Post

Here is an example picture of Link Tile Modifiers:
IPB Image
In this case, there are three blocks for three shields. In your case, one block will look like Wolf Link. Just replace each tile in one block with the equivalent tile of Wolf Link. Assuming you have one shield plus wolf form, you start with the tiles on the first block. The wolf item has an LTM of 80 (4 rows x 20 tiles), but is disabled on all DMaps but the wolf dmaps. Ignore the third block.

Get it now?

yeah i get it but i don't have that in the tilset im using

LI graphics if you're wondering

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

No matter what tileset you're using, it has link tiles. Copy a set of link tiles (you'll notice they're organized by link's shield). Copy the tiles with the L1 shield and paste them in 4 empty rows. Replace these with your wolf link tiles. Count the number of tiles from small shield / shieldless link (some sets don't have shieldless sprites) to the new set of tiles and set that to the item's link tile modifier. I would love to post pictures, but I don't now how to post images from my desktop.

#8 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Apr 2 2010, 04:22 PM) View Post

No matter what tileset you're using, it has link tiles. Copy a set of link tiles (you'll notice they're organized by link's shield). Copy the tiles with the L1 shield and paste them in 4 empty rows. Replace these with your wolf link tiles. Count the number of tiles from small shield / shieldless link (some sets don't have shieldless sprites) to the new set of tiles and set that to the item's link tile modifier. I would love to post pictures, but I don't now how to post images from my desktop.

i still can't get it to work

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

Guess what time it is! That's right! It's PICTURE TUTORIAL TIME! icon_biggrin.gif

IPB Image
First, find your link tiles. Just scroll though your pages of tiles and you'll find them eventually (they will usually be isolated from all the other tiles for customization purposes like this.
IPB Image
Next copy the tiles onto the previous sheet of tiles. You may have to find another page and count the difference in number of tiles between the two.
IPB Image
Next copy your custom character tiles over the copied tiles. (I'm using a bunny here)
IPB Image
Create a new ring item. Set its level to something above all the other ring items in your quest. Set its palette to the sprite palette you plan on using for the new sprite (I used the red ring's palette 7 here)
IPB Image
Set the "Link Tile Modification" variable to -260 if you were able to copy link's sprites onto the previous page. (use 260*number of pages away from the original link sprites page otherwise)
IPB Image
On all DMaps where you don't want Link to change form, disable the new item.
IPB Image
Disable the items his other form won't be able to use on the DMaps where he changes form. (all shields and rings must be disabled.)
IPB Image
Be sure you have this quest rule checked.
IPB Image
Finally, set the new item under init data. It's time to play test!
IPB Image
Before entering the portal, link is normal.
IPB Image
In the Dark World though...HE BECOMES A BUNNY! :O

#10 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

the tilset im using doesn't exactly have that

im using lost isle graphics

Edited by Nightmeres, 08 April 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Nightmeres @ Apr 8 2010, 08:43 PM) View Post

The graphics doesn't matter. It's a tutorial that works for every single tileset out there, not just for the Z1 graphics. If you need wolf tiles, may I suggest looking around at SR?

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Nightmeres @ Apr 8 2010, 03:43 PM) View Post

Like Migo said, it doesn't matter what graphics you're using. Think of it like a cake. No matter what icing you put on the outside, it still performs the same function, and is essentially the same.

One thing PokemonMaster64 didn't explain was that you need to use shieldless Link tiles. Either download them from the database or they might already be in the tileset.

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Nightmeres:

Just in case you didn't infer it already, here's another answer for you:

Yes, it's possible to work out a way for Link to turn into a wolf and function the way you want him to. However, ZQuest is not specifically designed to do it, so you would have to use a number of "backdoor" methods.

From what I can see, the methods people are suggesting are pretty stable, but they might take a fair amount of work to set up. Additionally, you will need wolf tiles, and so far I haven't seen anyone use them in ZC. You could find another game with wolves in it and rip the graphics, but to do that you will first need to be comfortable with editing and rearranging tiles in ZQuest.

Here's the shortest summary I can give: yes, you can create a passable "Wolf Link" transformation in ZQuest, but it takes extra time and effort.

#14 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

every thing works exept when i enter the dmaps the wolf form is disabled on link changes back to his regular form but with the pallet of the wolf form. how do i fix this?

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

On the Link Dmap, try disabling any wolf items, like attacks, rings, etc. I'm guessing that's what's causing the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users