Ballad of a Bloodline DX help thread

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:52 AM

I've beaten the quest now. As I've said before, I really liked it. Somehow I find this quest holds up better than most 2.10 quests, despite its flaws. I was a bit disappointed with the very end though, since T_K did such a great job remastering most of the bosses up to that point and the final 7 (counting final Vaati as 4 bosses instead of one really long one) got left untouched. Was there any particular reason for that?

Awesome! I'm glad you like it.

Concerning the last few bosses, the particular reason is that I was being lazy. I tried to make the bosses less choppy here and there, but I didn't want to refactor 7 more bosses at the end of this project, since I was pretty sick of it. So I was lazy in a nutshell.

Yes, I've bombed all areas of the walls in the north room past the raft.  I've bombed the wall statue also.  It must be a bug.  I also can't access the south middle two rooms on the 2nd floor.

Hey Sctmorgan. It should be possible to get all the keys. I will make a list of screenshots for you once I get home tonight, alright?

Hello TK. Would you mind sparing us a few moments to review this thread, and respond?

No problem!

Edit: also please ensure to play this quest on version 2.5.2 to prevent any issues with other versions. :-)

Edited by Twilight Knight, 21 November 2018 - 07:53 AM.

#32 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

What am I missing in the Source of Flow dungeon?  I'm missing a key.  I also can't access the two rooms on the east first floor.  I tried to give the statue bait and boomerang but nothing works.  Help.

Spoiler

• Twilight Knight likes this

#33 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:40 AM

I'm going to take this quest for a spin the moment I have some free time!

Will you remake the other Ballad of a Bloodline installments? Most of them are made for Zelda Classic 2.10, and since I use Windows 7, Zelda Classic 2.10 is utterly incapable of running on my computer.

Edited by Regios, 21 November 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#34 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

thank you TK and Marv.  I'm moving on.  Now I've used 7 superbombs and still can't find L2.  I'm still looking but seeking help. 

Edited by sctmorgan, 21 November 2018 - 03:47 PM.

#35 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:22 PM

thank you TK and Marv.  I'm moving on.  Now I've used 7 superbombs and still can't find L2.  I'm still looking but seeking help.  

I'm guessing you bought the clue from the NPC in the Mt Death caves? To expand,

Spoiler

Edited by Marv Albert, 21 November 2018 - 03:24 PM.

#36 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

I'm going to take this quest for a spin the moment I have some free time!

Will you remake the other Ballad of a Bloodline installments? Most of them are made for Zelda Classic 2.10, and since I use Windows 7, Zelda Classic 2.10 is utterly incapable of running on my computer.

Hey, good to hear! I hope you enjoy it.

I won't remake any other BB quests, I'm afraid. You could try running Season Blood and Cousin of Powers (part 2 and 3) in 2.50.2, but it could be buggy I think. Maybe ZC 2.10 will work better for you when you right mouse click the program and then: click "properties" > go to "compatibility" tab > check "run this program in compatibility mode for ..." > and select some older version? It's just an idea, but it works for me with older games such as roller coaster tycoon.

Hmm. Well I'm glad you made it past L1, that's the start of your adventure.

L2 can indeed, like Marv said, be found in the very western part of the mountains. It might also prove helpful to find the Lens of Truth for you. That can be found in Kakariko Village.

The quest can be very puzzling and also have non-obvious secrets. But after a while, if you pay attention, you will get the CastChaos style and notice which objects are odd.

#37 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

TK and Marv,  Thanks, I never got the lens.  Going back to look now.

#38 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

I won't remake any other BB quests, I'm afraid.

That's too bad. Oh, well, in the end, I managed to make ZC 2.10 by using the ZLauncher that came with ZC 2.50, although the actual game plays on a very small window, no matter the resolution I choose. I guess I'll have to deal with it.

#39 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

That's too bad. Oh, well, in the end, I managed to make ZC 2.10 by using the ZLauncher that came with ZC 2.50, although the actual game plays on a very small window, no matter the resolution I choose. I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Back when I played SB and CoP, I used 2.5 for both. It should be fine.

#40 Regios

Regios

Mischievous hellion

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

Back when I played SB and CoP, I used 2.5 for both. It should be fine.

Really? It didn't give you any weird bugs or strange behaviors? In that case, I will simply use 2.50 to run the other quests! But first, I will start with this installment. It's only fair, it's chronologically the first.

#41 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

Finished​ level 4 and out of the death mountain.  Am unable to enter the blue mail house. Lens shows slash the blue blocking globe, but it won't respond to my master sword. Help please.

Also, there was no way to backtrack out after level 4 except for f6 (which will bring you to the entrance of the cave.

#42 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:20 AM

Really? It didn't give you any weird bugs or strange behaviors? In that case, I will simply use 2.50 to run the other quests! But first, I will start with this installment. It's only fair, it's chronologically the first.

That indeed sounds fair to me. Seasoned Blood, Cousin of Powers and Guardian Mother are all great quests in my opinion so definitely worth the time.  :)

After that, there is For Whom The Seasons Cycle, the fifth instalment. Which is a really awesome freeform quest. Since CastChaos didn't put most of them on PureZC, you can check them all out on: http://twccgaming.com/quests

Finished​ level 4 and out of the death mountain.  Am unable to enter the blue mail house. Lens shows slash the blue blocking globe, but it won't respond to my master sword. Help please.

Also, there was no way to backtrack out after level 4 except for f6 (which will bring you to the entrance of the cave.

Hey zckrazee,

I can't access ZC now (as is usual), but if I remember correctly you need the sword beam to unblock the blue mail house, not the regular sword slash. If that ain't the case, I would need to check it out.

And I'm unsure what you mean by "backtrack out after level 4", because you're supposed to be able to go back to Mt. Death End after completing the dungeon. Could you please elaborate?

#43 zckrazee

zckrazee

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

Thanks for the help, Twilight Knight.

With "back track", I mean go back to Mt Death End.  f6 will do just that, but I was looking at ways of walking back the way I came into level 4, and it was not possible. The only way you can go back to Mt Death End right now is by using f6.  It's ok, but I'm curious if it was designed that way.

#44 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for explaining.

Well, there should be ways to be able to go anywhere in Mt. Deadend through the caverns, but they are very puzzling. Even for someone like me who has already played the quest many times. F6 and continue indeed always brings you back to a certain point, so you can use that to your advantage.

Did you manage to enter the blue ring location now? :-)

#45 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

Well, SB is not much different on 2.5 and CoP only had one case where the L4 cheat was needed with 2.50.0, I don't know about 2.50.2. Of course, SB is very buggy anyway. This is why I paid so much attention for that in CoP.

BBIV and BBV are 2.5. Though BBV wouldn't have needed the BB prefix, it's rather the start of a new series, like with Mega Man -> Mega Man X and similar series evolutions.

This thread also mentioned that Myra should be visible all times (like Zelda in Canoplia). You all know, actually, this is how I would have wanted originally. It's just 2.10 didn't let me any possible way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users