• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#1606 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

Did anyone else get the BoTW Link Nendoroid? I got the DX version. :)

Update: Finished Vah Medoh in Master Mode. I'm throwing away overpowered weapons if I find them, because I feel it kind of kills the experience. I think I'm up to 6 hearts, and one extra stamina!

• Shane likes this

#1607 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:49 AM

Started Master Mode a little earlier than expected. I thought I'd wait until after the second DLC so I could finish off my main file and then do it all again... but I found myself craving open world again after finishing New Vegas. While the plateau was a lot of running from fights and simultaneously feeling weighed down with the shift to low stamina and no paraglider, I've since remembered why I loved this game after getting out into the world. Just exploring, getting lost, finding new ways around, clearing shrines... It's still a refreshing experience. But now there's the daunting task of upgraded enemies (at least until I start finding better gear), and I still intend on 100%'ing this file as well. Farore, have mercy...

• Adem, Shane and Eddy like this

#1608 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

I actually started a new playthrough not too long ago, and picked it up again. I spent most of my time hunting down shrines to get stamina. I had completed 30 Shrines before even doing one divine beast. I went ahead and did Vah Ruta first. I used that heart container, and all the spirit orbs from my completed 36 shrines at that point, and went ahead and got the Master Sword, then I went over to beat Vah Medoh.

Haven't tried Master Mode yet. Does it make you start a new file? If so, I'll need to make another Mii to use for a save.

#1609 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Master Mode uses its own Save File so you can switch between a Normal Playthrough and Master Playthrough without them affecting each other.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 27 September 2017 - 12:13 PM.

#1610 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Correct, it won't overwrite your main save.

As for me, I'm unsure how I want to progress my upgrades in Master Mode. I really want my stamina back, but health is another precious commodity in this mode. I'm thinking I'll keep stocked on fairies and just go for full stamina immediately again, because I need it. Low stamina is awful after having it maxed out in two different files already.

#1611 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, I'm in favor of stamina over health too. It's easier to make healing and heart extending dishes then it is for stamina, at least for me.

Hyrule's peta would hate me. I kill and farm every animal I see for meat :P.
  • Jared and Naru like this

#1612 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

My life is complete.

• Adem, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#1613 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

I assumed new posts in here would mean discussion over the Champion amiibo, but I guess not.

They come out on November 10, they each come with a (imo, hideous) mask based on a dungeon and are darn near impossible to get if you haven't gotten a pre-order already. Very underwhelming and yay scalping. I was hoping scanning each one would refill their powers instantly, even once per day, but that's too cool apparently. It's also likely November 10 will be the day the second DLC pack drops as well, but unconfirmed.

(I started a file on Master Mode awhile ago. Did a bit, got bored and never went back to it. Maybe once the second DLC pack comes out I'll go back to it, but that mode just got too tedious and boring while offering really nothing different. Early game sucks since you have to flee from every enemy and then they all become pushover HP sponges midway through.)

#1614 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

I assumed new posts in here would mean discussion over the Champion amiibo, but I guess not.

They come out on November 10, they each come with a (imo, hideous) mask based on a dungeon and are darn near impossible to get if you haven't gotten a pre-order already. Very underwhelming and yay scalping. I was hoping scanning each one would refill their powers instantly, even once per day, but that's too cool apparently. It's also likely November 10 will be the day the second DLC pack drops as well, but unconfirmed.

I have not heard about that, but it sounds absolutely gross. Welp, Iwata ain't president of Nintendo anymore, and this new guy is all about those duckets. We might as well at least enjoy the games anyway.

*Is eagerly waiting for Amiibo locked power-ups in Mario Odyssey.

#1615 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

Thanks to the Switch's video share feature I can show this funny story instead of telling about it:

https://twitter.com/...595902866755584

• Shane likes this

#1616 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Had to look up the last four shrines, but I got all 120 finally!!!

#1617 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

Starting up an "I'm crazy" run. Aka,

- Only worn out outfit allowed (That means no help in the snow, etc)

- No hearts/stamina

- No memories/Divine Beasts until I get the Armor of The Wild (Is this even possible? We'll see.)

I think that might be it for now. It's my first challenge run, so I don't wanna go too crazy. Wish me luck! I'll keep you guys updated.

Ps- Wish I didn't have to open a new account to do this! I'd love to track the hours all on my main account.

Edited by Jared, 24 October 2017 - 10:49 PM.

• Anthus and Shane like this

#1618 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Breath of the Wild won Game of the Year at Golden Joystick.

Aonuma's response is gold.

• Jared likes this

#1619 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot, the Xenoblade 2 costume quest came out a couple weeks ago. I hadn't loaded up the game in a while so when I did I was reminded. It's actually a neat quest, even if the reward is something I'll never use. I recommend trying it out just for the fun of it, I suppose it's really nothing major but still cool.

Also I did this.

#1620 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Surprise. Available tonight.

• Shane and Jared like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users