The Yu-Yu-Hakusho and Dragon Ball

#32 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Jubbz @ Dec 5 2012, 09:04 PM) View Post

I'm watching Sword Art Online too.

Terrible stuff. But i'm still watching, and can't figure out why for the life of me. icon_neutral.gif

Eh. It has its moments. Some of the action and fights are really cool, but this whole love triangle is just dumb in that it's almost made the series go into a different genre from when it started.

Honestly, I felt the series was at its best during the first 10 episodes or so, when Kirito was progressing as a character and when there were all those dark scenes sprinkled throughout. It really gave the series depth that it's been missing for a long time now. It's just a typical "the hero rescues the princess" mixed with a typical anime love triangle romance. It's not terrible IMO, but it's far from anything really good.

#33 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Dec 8 2012, 03:00 PM) View Post

Eh. It has its moments. Some of the action and fights are really cool, but this whole love triangle is just dumb in that it's almost made the series go into a different genre from when it started.

Honestly, I felt the series was at its best during the first 10 episodes or so, when Kirito was progressing as a character and when there were all those dark scenes sprinkled throughout. It really gave the series depth that it's been missing for a long time now. It's just a typical "the hero rescues the princess" mixed with a typical anime love triangle romance. It's not terrible IMO, but it's far from anything really good.

True.

Friggin Suguha just had to be hotter than Asuna though... but Asuna's got her charm.
orz

#34 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

I used to watch Bleach and Naruto, but then came over stuff.

But I do plan to continue watching them again... someday...

#35 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Started Stein;s Gate recently. This is shaping up to be really interesting. The story's got me hooked in so far, and Okabe's such a great character. X3

#36 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Started Stein;s Gate recently. This is shaping up to be really interesting. The story's got me hooked in so far, and Okabe's such a great character. X3

Stein's Gate is amazing.

It starts pretty slow, but picks up soon. What episode are ya on?

#37 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

I spent all of last night and this morning (with a few hours of sleep in between) watching Madoka for the first time.

Spoiler

#38 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(DavidReinold @ Dec 16 2012, 11:20 AM) View Post
I spent all of last night and this morning (with a few hours of sleep in between) watching Madoka for the first time.
Definitely a good series. icon_smile.gif It was really well done.

#39 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Jubbz @ Dec 16 2012, 02:34 AM) View Post

Stein's Gate is amazing.

It starts pretty slow, but picks up soon. What episode are ya on?

I finished episode 6 not too long ago. I honestly didn't find the beginning slow, but that's probably because I was just so fascinated by Okabe the entire time. icon_xd.gif

#40 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Well. I finished Madoka.

Spoiler

• Naru likes this

#41 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I finished episode 12 of Stein;s Gate.

What.

What.

Why!?

Spoiler

#42 Sora of Pen

Sora of Pen

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

One question... Do abridged count? If not I'm watching Maria Holic (Trying to rewatch on youtube, but Failing miserably), To Love Ru Darkness (Reading the Manga), and clips of Dragon Ball Z Kai (Much better script than the original releases!).

Abridged I'm currently watching are DBZ Abridged (Takahata101 as Cell is gonna be awesome!), Yugioh Abridged, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, Code Ment, None Piece, DNTAS (Death Note), Pokemon 'Bridged, and Mirai Nikki Abridged. They're all Hilarious!

#43 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Well, as I said, I'm currently watching Naruto Shippuden since I got done with part one like a month ago or so, and I'm already done with about half the episodes of Shippuden. When I get into an anime, I tend to watch it religiously when I have nothing else to do icon_lol.gif

Other then that, I starting watching One Piece subbed, (I can't stand 4kids dubs) and, well, I think of One Piece, while having plenty of action, is sort of a comic relief kind of anime compared to Naruto. Naruto has tons of funny moments, but One Piece as a whole is just silly. It's still one of my favorites.

Also, since last week I started watching Soul Eater and it's pretty damn cool. I don't know why I didn't start watching this sooner. It's like, a perfect anime! It's got the school aspect that seems to be ever so popular,it's got likable characters, tons of action, and best of all, busty kitties! ... You'd have to watch the show to understand. I love the general theme of this show. It's just very Halloweeny, for a lack of better words.

#44 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:32 PM) View Post
Other then that, I starting watching One Piece subbed, (I can't stand 4kids dubs) and, well, I think of One Piece, while having plenty of action, is sort of a comic relief kind of anime compared to Naruto. Naruto has tons of funny moments, but One Piece as a whole is just silly. It's still one of my favorites.
While One Piece always is pretty silly, it has really serious moments when you get further into it. You have to stick with it for a while before it gets really good.

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:32 PM) View Post
Also, since last week I started watching Soul Eater and it's pretty damn cool. I don't know why I didn't start watching this sooner. It's like, a perfect anime! It's got the school aspect that seems to be ever so popular,it's got likable characters, tons of action, and best of all, busty kitties! ... You'd have to watch the show to understand. I love the general theme of this show. It's just very Halloweeny, for a lack of better words.
Definitely an enjoyable series. icon_smile.gif The ending is kind of disappointing, but it's still overall excellent.

#45 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I decided to burn $21 and get the complete series of Soul Eater on Blu-ray. It was so good for me that I had to own the series even though I can stream it.

But once I'm done with Soul Eater, I need to find another good anime to watch. Just so you know, I'm 100% against pirating TV shows and moves. If I can't stream it on Netflix or Amazon Video, I get it on Bluray.

Oh, and next week, I get Collection 2 of Persona 4: The Animation. I can't wait to finish that series! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Dawnlight, 10 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users