Koh's Random and Charity Tile Thread

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Because it's about time I have one, and I really need to practice my skills for drawing more stuff for Ken's game (World of Chaos 2). I don't need any of the stuff I post in here, so you can use whatever you want, as long as you credit me.

NONE OF THESE TILES ARE MADE FOR ANY SPECIFIC TILESETS! YOU'LL HAVE TO RECOLOR THEM YOURSELF!

Super GB Tiles (WIP)
Example Screenies
IPB Image

Edited by Koh, 01 February 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Why not take tile requests? You won't really grow much at all if you always stick within your own comfort zone. It would be much more helpful both you and everyone else if you did requests. For example, I'd rather like boss tiles for a giant darknut with a Charles Barkley head for Classic. Not a joke. I have a small joke quest that could use this.

#3 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Feb 1 2013, 06:39 PM) View Post

Why not take tile requests? You won't really grow much at all if you always stick within your own comfort zone. It would be much more helpful both you and everyone else if you did requests. For example, I'd rather like boss tiles for a giant darknut with a Charles Barkley head for Classic. Not a joke. I have a small joke quest that could use this.

Who is Charle's Barkley? And I understand what you're saying. But if this is going to work I need it to be within the scope I'm trying to practice, which is environment tiles x3.

#4 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Environment tiles?

Could you possibly draw some tiles that when assembled correctly make a regulation-scale basketball court?

#5 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Evan20000 @ Feb 1 2013, 07:35 PM) View Post

Environment tiles?

Could you possibly draw some tiles that when assembled correctly make a regulation-scale basketball court?

O.o? Basketball? Wasn't expecting anything like that at all lol. This should be interesting...I'll see what I can do.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(Evan20000 @ Feb 1 2013, 07:35 PM) View Post

Environment tiles?

Please tell me this will be a bonus level in IoR. The Slam Tower Temple...icon_razz.gif

Edited by Moosh, 01 February 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Moosh requests basketball player sprites.
Evan requests basketball court.
For crying out loud guys, enough with the Space Jam.

But I do agree with them Koh, you oughta start taking requests. It'd be a great way for you to practice your sprite work and really help people out at the same time. You're really good with sprites, it seems all you ever make are Link sprites and basic overworld tiles. You oughta expand your horizons a bit, and a few requests would go a long way towards that end.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 1 2013, 10:24 PM) View Post

But I do agree with them Koh, you oughta start taking requests. It'd be a great way for you to practice your sprite work and really help people out at the same time. You're really good with sprites, it seems all you ever make are Link sprites and basic overworld tiles. You oughta expand your horizons a bit, and a few requests would go a long way towards that end.

So the basketball thing is a joke =O? Well I mostly need to work with environment tiles, because that's where I fail the most XD. Sprites are relatively easy (hence so many Link sprites; it only takes like 2 minutes XD), so that's why I sort of put them at the end of the list. I don't mind trying to fulfill requests (though since I don't work in ZC, they're on their own for their palette jobs XD), just as long as they're environment related.

Edited by Koh, 01 February 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Koh @ Feb 1 2013, 10:35 PM) View Post

So the basketball thing is a joke =O? Well I mostly need to work with environment tiles, because that's where I fail the most XD. Sprites are relatively easy (hence so many Link sprites; it only takes like 2 minutes XD), so that's why I sort of put them at the end of the list. I don't mind trying to fulfill requests (though since I don't work in ZC, they're on their own for their palette jobs XD), just as long as they're environment related.

I believe Evan's was probably a joke, but mine was a serious idea...As serious as Space Jam can get that is.

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Could I make a request for Link tiles?

#11 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(Jared @ Feb 2 2013, 12:09 AM) View Post

Could I make a request for Link tiles?

-Wants to practice environment tiles.
-Gets Link sprite request.

Eh sure. Though I have a hunch it's just the one used in the example screenshot XD. I'd like to remind you that whatever the outcome of any of this stuff is, you'll have to handle the palette editing for ZC yourself, since I don't draw or develop in there.

Edited by Koh, 02 February 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

No, it's actually not the one used in the example shot. I dunno what I want, actually. Just something not GB-styled, I guess. Brown hair is fine too. Tannish-brown (Like Link from Skyward Sword) would work as well.

And that's fine. As long at it uses the right amount of colors so it can be edited correctly. icon_smile.gif

#13 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

If you're doing environment tiles, is there a chance that I could get some factory-like graphics?

#14 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

Not wanting to spam you with requests, but may I make one? I'm still working on my 3D Koholint Island project, and I need something I can use to texture tall grass.

Basically, I need a 16 pixel tall, by 8 pixels wide image that can work for tall grass when placed vertically. I'm using ZC tiles for textures, so if it can fit into a more detailed Link's Awakening tileset, I'd be beyond happy.

#15 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Feb 1 2013, 10:24 PM) View Post

I actually made a basketball court in classic. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users