EZGBZ 2.5 tileset

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Edit2: Here's the link to the EZGBZ 2.5 Beta update (as of 3 July 2012): http://www.mediafire...ptydi80a9mnyd42

In light of starting a new group project, I have found it necessary to update a tileset to 2.5, since there aren't many out there.

Have you used Akkabus' EZGBZ v2.1 tileset? Well, that's the one I'm working on updating. I'll be reorganizing the tiles (while making sure the combos don't get messed up) and creating the new tiles needed. I think I'll call it "EZGBZ v2.5".

My main reason for posting this here is just in case anyone out there already has GB tiles for the new 2.5 items, or anything else you would like to contribute to the tileset.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what I have so far with the item sprites (other than the arrow ammo, which is on another page):
IPB Image
I only added the ones on the top row and the worn-out glove (the last item in the bottom row).

At the end of the top row are 2 versions of the Whisp Ring. Can you tell me which looks better?

Edit2: Added the beta release link at the top of this post. Also, image updated now that I have ImageShack to host my pictures.

Edited by Lightwulf, 03 July 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#2 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Another thing you can do is to fix the gameover text - Swapping colours 01 and 08 around in CSet 0 should work until we get the option to change what position in the pallet that the gameover text uses.

Edited by Orin XD, 11 February 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

May I ask have you got permission from Akkabus to use his set as a base structure of a updated GB tileset?

#4 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

That's a good question, Shane. No I haven't. I'd just assumed that if I lavished him with credit it would be fine.
Is he still around? EZGBZ has been out for years now, and his profile says he hasn't been on the site since Sept 2010. What do you suggest I do?

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hm, last time I saw him he was giving a member a helping hand with his tileset. But I'm sure Akkabus wouldn't mind if you edit his set as long as he gets credit, like you said. icon_smile.gif

#6 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was worried there for a second! icon_sweat.gif

Besides, I'm not really changing things that much, just adding the needed tiles and making room for them.

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

I do think it would be best if you at least sent him a message about it. I guess I am not sure about how the whole modifying tilesets, and releasing them are. icon_shrug.gif I guess, take Pure into consideration, that has been modified by multiple people and released, which is where I end up confused about it.

#8 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

Can you heavily use slash->next for example for grass and pots?

#9 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

That's really nice, Lightwulf!

I'd like to do some sprites myself, too icon_wink.gif

#10 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

icon_smile.gif

Nice work Lightwulf

Keep on going icon_smile.gif

#11 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

icon_biggrin.gif OMG i cannot wait!!!!! i love all the gameboy zelda games because of the graphics! im gonna love making a game with this. How long do u think it would take!?

#12 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

(Sorry, I tried to post earlier, but my browser had an error.)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
If someone would do some tiles for the "Spinning Tile" enemy, I'd appreciate it.

@-DuCkTApE-: Hopefully it won't take too long. I did a quick fix for the new enemies (assigning them sprites of other similar enemies w/ a different color); it will take longer to make room for their own rows, but it shouldn't take too long.

@Angeal: Thanks. I'll go ahead and send him a PM. Hopefully he'll see an e-mail telling him he has a PM and he'll come back to the site. (But, if not, I have free reign to continue.)

#13 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

are u gonna make it were u can use the rocs feather, have arrow ammo, and u can charge ur sword up?

#14 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(Angeal @ Feb 12 2012, 05:05 PM) View Post

I do think it would be best if you at least sent him a message about it. I guess I am not sure about how the whole modifying tilesets, and releasing them are. icon_shrug.gif I guess, take Pure into consideration, that has been modified by multiple people and released, which is where I end up confused about it.

I modified Glenn the Great's tileset (and released it as an updated version) without seeking his permission icon_shrug.gif

#15 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(-DuCkTApE- @ Feb 13 2012, 05:04 PM) View Post

are u gonna make it were u can use the rocs feather, have arrow ammo, and u can charge ur sword up?

icon_lol.gif I got all those covered. The tileset already had the Roc's Feather tile, so it was just a matter of assigning it in the item editor. I had to make custom arrow ammo and I had to create all the scrolls.

Update: Items are done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users