For Whom the Seasons Cycle - development announcement

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#166 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

This way you can't get the hardest and most special route in New Game+, but it would have been like it is in normal and it doesn't affect the actual ending anyway.

Getting the magic boomerang doesn't hinder you in anything, especially not in New Game+, since there is only one version of the ending (with a small dialogue change depending if you have a certain item or not, but that's totally just cosmetic).

However, if you ever want the alternate end of the normal ending, you indeed need to watch what you get in what order. However, getting the magic boomerang fast doesn't hurt you there, either. Only getting the actual season clothe does.

• judasrising likes this

#167 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

I have a few questions now;

In the chaotic, there is a set of spikes I can't get past.  Any ideas on how I can get passed this set of spike?

If I need to get the blue gem that gets you invincible for a few seconds to pass the spikes in chaotic, where should I start looking for it?

Any tips on how I can save Alma?  She is in the hospital currently.  I did beat four dungeons so far but I do have a save state where I only beaten the winter w/o sword, or am I too late in saving her?

I am convinced that the "cellar" room in your house doesn't appear in the winter when you purchase it with money.  How can I get this to appear in your house after I bought it in winter?

Where should I start looking to get a "credit card" or able to increase my money holdings over 999?

Edited by matski, 03 December 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#168 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

I have a few questions now;

In the chaotic, there is a set of spikes I can't get past.  Any ideas on how I can get passed this set of spike?

If I need to get the blue gem that gets you invincible for a few seconds to pass the spikes in chaotic, where should I start looking for it?

Any tips on how I can save Alma?  She is in the hospital currently.  I did beat four dungeons so far but I do have a save state where I only beaten the winter w/o sword, or am I too late in saving her?

I am convinced that the "cellar" room in your house doesn't appear in the winter when you purchase it with money.  How can I get this to appear in your house after I bought it in winter?

Where should I start looking to get a "credit card" or able to increase my money holdings over 999?

I can answer one question: to get the blue gem try to play spring dungeon without the sword

I mean talk to the guy just before the boss in Spring dungeon if you played without the sword.

Edited by judasrising, 03 December 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#169 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

I can answer one question: to get the blue gem try to play spring dungeon without the sword

I mean talk to the guy just before the boss in Spring dungeon if you played without the sword.

CastChaos told me that in newgame+ it's impossible to beat it w/o sword the spring dungeon.  You need a sword to kill one of the enemies to get a key. 

#170 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

CastChaos told me that in newgame+ it's impossible to beat it w/o sword the spring dungeon.  You need a sword to kill one of the enemies to get a key. 

ah you are allready in NewGame+ i belived you played normal game, but in normal game my answer is right.

And yes cant beat Spring dungeon in NewGame+ swordless i tryed that to while betatesting the quest.

#171 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

matski:

To pass long stretches of spikes, you usually need hover boots. I hope it's not possible to get into an ending route without the items that also let you beat them. For chaotic, you need maybe... 2? crazy items. Surely at least one of the two helps there.

Not being able to passthe Spring dungeon without sword in New Game+ is a design error, I'd fix it if I wasted any time for ZC nowadays.

Alma can't be saved. Her "status" depends on your deeds, but she won't ever fully recover. I would have used this thread of the plot in a sequel or sidequest.

I totally remember that the cellar room appeared for me while testing. If it doesn't, that's a bug. Or maybe the string is incorrect. I know there should be two expansions, a cellar and an attic.

You get a credit card if you get the best wallet, fill it with money AND manage to be sin-free. The best wallet is somewhere at the east, under some not so easy, but not impossible secret.

#172 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:47 AM

matski:

To pass long stretches of spikes, you usually need hover boots. I hope it's not possible to get into an ending route without the items that also let you beat them. For chaotic, you need maybe... 2? crazy items. Surely at least one of the two helps there.

Not being able to passthe Spring dungeon without sword in New Game+ is a design error, I'd fix it if I wasted any time for ZC nowadays.

Alma can't be saved. Her "status" depends on your deeds, but she won't ever fully recover. I would have used this thread of the plot in a sequel or sidequest.

I totally remember that the cellar room appeared for me while testing. If it doesn't, that's a bug. Or maybe the string is incorrect. I know there should be two expansions, a cellar and an attic.

You get a credit card if you get the best wallet, fill it with money AND manage to be sin-free. The best wallet is somewhere at the east, under some not so easy, but not impossible secret.

I could fix that issue in Spring dungeon and upload the questfile.

#173 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

You have all my approval for that!

I even thank you if you do this kind of good. Fixing a quest of someone who don't have the time and mood is like giving warm food for a young couple with a newborn baby.

• judasrising likes this

#174 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Let me know when it's fixed.  I have a save file where I do not have the sword.

I am still having a hard time finding the credit card.  I looked all over eastshard except a couple of small areas.  I have the wallet to hold 999.  Are there any other requirements?

I am assuming that you save alma by talking to her before entering the winter dungeon? 34nflfn.jpg

I can't get past this set of spikes in chaos.  It's too long of a jump 2drw50.jpg

Edited by matski, 11 December 2016 - 07:47 PM.

#175 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

999 rupees is just the beginning. I know at least one better wallet is at summer Eastshard, one screen west of the spring dungeon. Use shovel.

Most wallets aren't simply placed, so the item report tool doesn't show me the location.

By "Save Alma", the text indeed simply means talking to her in the snowy area instead of trying to walk away. Because if you go away she surely dies (you hear about it later at a certain optional place), but otherwise she stays alive, even if mortally wounded, in the hospital.

That spike row... I hope I haven't made it so that nayru's love is mandatory there while it's not mandatory to enter it. Because going through those spikes at least once is mandatory.

You get there by having some morbid items, but not all... "Stomp Boots, Farore's Wind, Nayru's Love, Cane of Byrna", these are the morbid items, as I see now in my plan files... So, any jump augments aren't even necessary to enter... Not any good.

#176 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

999 rupees is just the beginning. I know at least one better wallet is at summer Eastshard, one screen west of the spring dungeon. Use shovel.

Most wallets aren't simply placed, so the item report tool doesn't show me the location.

By "Save Alma", the text indeed simply means talking to her in the snowy area instead of trying to walk away. Because if you go away she surely dies (you hear about it later at a certain optional place), but otherwise she stays alive, even if mortally wounded, in the hospital.

That spike row... I hope I haven't made it so that nayru's love is mandatory there while it's not mandatory to enter it. Because going through those spikes at least once is mandatory.

You get there by having some morbid items, but not all... "Stomp Boots, Farore's Wind, Nayru's Love, Cane of Byrna", these are the morbid items, as I see now in my plan files... So, any jump augments aren't even necessary to enter... Not any good.

I haven't talked to that lady in the window in town after I beaten the fall dungeon; that's how I  probably got chaos but I am unable to pass this set of spikes.  I don't have the invincibility item.    I am curious as to the ending. 

#177 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

I haven't talked to that lady in the window in town after I beaten the fall dungeon; that's how I  probably got chaos but I am unable to pass this set of spikes.  I don't have the invincibility item.    I am curious as to the ending. 

I don't recall what lady could you be speaking of, unless you mean Sheela.

You get into the morbid route if you have 3 of the morbid items I listed. You get into the only ending route that is even more special if you get all 4 (you couldn't get nayru's love because the ill placed new game+ patra) AND other condition is to speak with Sheela after beating all dungeons, but ONLY after that.

I can say, you also get something special if you talk to Sheela each possible time (palace immediately before else in the beginning -> Sheela -> 1st dungeon -> Sheela after each dungeon -> Sheela after the 4th dungeon), of course with that you can't get the most special route.

For those spikes, I wish I remembered the cheat codes so that you could continue...

#178 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Let me know when it's fixed.  I have a save file where I do not have the sword.

I am still having a hard time finding the credit card.  I looked all over eastshard except a couple of small areas.  I have the wallet to hold 999.  Are there any other requirements?

I am assuming that you save alma by talking to her before entering the winter dungeon? 34nflfn.jpg

I can't get past this set of spikes in chaos.  It's too long of a jump 2drw50.jpg

Before i fix the issue i ask what zc version do you use zc 2.50.1 or zc 2.50.2?

or i maybe should keep the original version of zc since the questfile works with zc 2.50.2 also-

Edited by judasrising, 14 December 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#179 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

Before i fix the issue i ask what zc version do you use zc 2.50.1 or zc 2.50.2?

or i maybe should keep the original version of zc since the questfile works with zc 2.50.2 also-

I am using version 2.50 Build 28.  I'm not sure offhand if it's .1 or .2. 

#180 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

I am using version 2.50 Build 28.  I'm not sure offhand if it's .1 or .2. 

i let you know when i alter that key issue but i upload it after i tested it myself, i soon start the NewGame+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users