Photo

Screenshot of the Week 119

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 119 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 119

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

very competent entries, but raiden's is by far the best

#17 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

I voted for DFW. I love how the castle tiles are arranged.

#18 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

Evil Castle trumps all! DFW all the way!

#19 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

Way to go DFW! That is the best castle I have seen!

Radien, good screenshot too but nowhere near DFW's quailty.

#20 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

Should Darkflamewolf'shot s have Peteos credit too? I'm sure he wouldn't want DarkFlame taking all the credit for some castle tiles that weren't made by her. (He did edit the castle to make it look ruined.)

I voted for Darkflamewolfs shot because of those castle tiles. Though DoR's SD3 grass is really good too.

Edited by Kingboo30, 26 April 2006 - 04:10 PM.

#21 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:26 PM

Raiden. Now all you need to do is fix the tree and mountain tiles with grass to where it sticks out alongside them.

#22 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:16 PM

We reasoned that his work on that screenshot was the tile editing. But the actual composition of the shot itself, the layout of the screen was completely me. So by factoring both those facts in, the credit goes to me. He was okay with that and agreed with it. It was his art, but I molded it into what you see on the screen.

#23 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:18 AM

Meh. I'd hoped more people would appreciate this shot. Altering the SD3 grass borders so that they'd look good in my tileset's palette was not easy. And while the sand ripples are from SD3, the sand borders are original custom tiles. They've been around since the DoR tileset release, but I don't remember seeing anyone use them yet.

Perhaps people have been seeing too much of the DoR tileset already. Which is too bad, because I rarely see shots with 3D-style mountain tiles that are laid down properly. I can see why people avoid them... they're difficult to use, but personally, I like the results. Even if nobody notices. icon_razz.gif

So, people appreciate well-laid castle tiles, eh? Hmm, I wonder whether you guys will like my next entry... It's not a castle, but it's got original building tiles. icon_smile.gif I held off on it because I figured I should post the older stuff first.

QUOTE(Linkus Mastii @ Apr 26 2006, 03:26 PM)
Raiden. Now all you need to do is fix the tree and mountain tiles with grass to where it sticks out alongside them.

View Post

Maybe. icon_unsettled.gif God knows I've tried, but it's difficult to do with only two greens. I can't use all six of the greens in CSet 3 without putting the "leaf" combos on an upper layer. So if I did use more than two greens, I'd have to sacrifice compatibility with CSets 2 and 4.

(In layman's terms, this means "Tree trunks + 4-color grass = no orange or purple trees for you!!")

I've been looking at SD3 mountains as a guide, but it doesn't help much, because their mountain/grass borders are drawn differently from any other tileset I've seen. They still function as "cake layer" mountains, but colorwise, they're a completely different beast.

By the way, there's a reason people don't use the SD3 set. It's among the most amazingly disorganized sets in the database. >_<; What I CAN say that most of the tiles that ARE ripped in the SD3 set, are ripped properly.

...Oh, and by the way, I'm "Radien." Three syllables.

#24 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 27 2006, 05:16 AM)
We reasoned that his work on that screenshot was the tile editing. But the actual composition of the shot itself, the layout of the screen was completely me. So by factoring both those facts in, the credit goes to me. He was okay with that and agreed with it. It was his art, but I molded it into what you see on the screen.

View Post

Exactly.
I make the tiles for DFW she wants and then she uses them and makes nice screenies like this week's entry. And I don't even really care if my work gets credit or not, as long as people like my work, that's all what matters.

And don't worry Radien, I'm sure people appreciate your shot, it's just that perhaps it wasn't "special" enough. But it sure looks good.

#25 cousinoer5

cousinoer5

Ohana#0055

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

DFW's castle looks really well layed out and lots of nice variety in the trees too.

Off-topic:

Lol Radien, until just now I've always read your name as Raiden.

#26 mikepjr

mikepjr

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:30 PM

This was a hard choice to make.

I have to go with Radien.

CastChaos: Sorry, but that is just waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy toooooooo bland.

DarkFlameWolf: It is good, real good. Nothing wrong with it, but Radien's was just better, to me anyhow.

Yes, i know DarkFlameWolf pretty much already won this time, but i still like Radiens more, i have to go with what i like more honestly.

#27 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Apr 27 2006, 05:18 AM)
By the way, there's a reason people don't use the SD3 set. It's among the most amazingly disorganized sets in the database. >_<; What I CAN say that most of the tiles that ARE ripped in the SD3 set, are ripped properly.
...Oh, and by the way, I'm "Radien." Three syllables.

View Post

That and the fact that there isent enough to make a real game out of it (well... possible but would be kinda hard) and it is complete hell to use. Even if it was orginzed, it would still proboly be one of the harder ones to use (tryin to get tiles in the right posistions that dont look silly)

#28 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

DFW wins this week by a landslide. excellent job

I have two entries for SotW 120, which will be held tomorrow, followed by SotM 30

#29 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:59 PM

not sure why this hasn't been posted on the main page of PureZC yet...

#30 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ May 6 2006, 06:59 AM)
not sure why this hasn't been posted on the main page of PureZC yet...

View Post

Indeed... Wake up Gashin!! icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users