Arrows/walls

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm also on Vista, and I'm not getting those errors. Are you using the ZCLauncher to start the program? I use that, and I haven't had any errors.

#17 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

I used ZClauncher, normal opening, and opening via administrator and they all give me errors, no matter if I load a 2.10 quest and save or I start a fresh quest in NES graphics and save.

It says stuff like every line or two that pops up when it saves such as "writesize != section_size" and then lists a bunch of numbers. I have to click "OK" like 20 times before it saves. It doesn't seem to affect the actual game.

The only thing I could find about it on Google was in a cached post a long time ago and someone said something about it being a debugging message, but since it says "error" it still leaves me worried that if some time down the road something actually happens to it I won't be able to revert.

#18 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. My solution would be to post over in the beta forums at AGN and see if the devs can help you.

#19 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

Well the cached post is from 2005, but the person who said it was a debugging issue was one of the head developers, so I'm going to assume it's nothing if it's coming from them.

#20 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

It could be an old version of 2.5. Which version is it?

#21 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

2.11 beta Build 17. I don't know a whole lot about this version stuff it was the only "2.5" link I could find.

Is it possible I could get a link to the most updated version?

#22 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

http://www.shardstorm.com/

There is a list of the most recent builds and their changes. Hopefully the newest version will fix your problem.

#23 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:35 PM

I tried the top two Windows ones and both of them are causing extreme lag to my operating system merely by opening the folder. It wouldn't even load ZQuest and crashed out and I can't even open the launcher again because Windows Explorer messes up.

#24 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

icon_frown.gif Sorry. I'm out of ideas.

#25 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

I somehow got the most recent Windows build working (don't think I did anything different so it must just be very buggy), and my current concern is that when I play my quest in this a new drop seems to appear with a graphical glitch (same heart glitch as earlier). It makes the same sound as when you get a fairy or something. Rupees, hearts, and fairies drop normally from what I've noticed. What would this new drop be and how can I fix the problem?

#26 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

It could be a Magic Pot or Arrows. Check those in your Item menu to make sure graphics are set for them. Also, there is a menu to called Item Drop Sets where you can set what items drop from enemies and how often.

#27 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

The newest version of the DoR tileset should have Nayru's Love tiles included, and instructions on how to apply them. Just open up the tile editor and scroll down quite a ways. I think the first few pages of the tile editor might have a note telling you what page the Nayru's Love sprites are on.

So don't worry, I took 2.5 into account, even though I don't cover ALL of its features. icon_smile.gif

Sorry I can't help you getting 2.5 to work properly, though. icon_unsettled.gif

#28 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 5 2009, 10:03 PM) View Post

The newest version of the DoR tileset should have Nayru's Love tiles included, and instructions on how to apply them. Just open up the tile editor and scroll down quite a ways. I think the first few pages of the tile editor might have a note telling you what page the Nayru's Love sprites are on.

So don't worry, I took 2.5 into account, even though I don't cover ALL of its features. icon_smile.gif

Sorry I can't help you getting 2.5 to work properly, though. icon_unsettled.gif

Hm, I can't seem to find them. I looked through a few times. What do they look like, can you explain? Or give me the page number.

And 2.5 seems to work fine now. I managed to improve a lot in my game so far. Hopefully the thing doesn't crash on me though.

#29 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(Blue @ Dec 5 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post
Hm, I can't seem to find them. I looked through a few times. What do they look like, can you explain? Or give me the page number.

And 2.5 seems to work fine now. I managed to improve a lot in my game so far. Hopefully the thing doesn't crash on me though.

Glad it seems to work now. Here's the info:

Nayru's Love tiles start on page 184. Instructions on assigning them are also on that page. Tiles for version 2.5 are on page 186. It's near the end of the tiles, but not quite the very end. You can press "P" to scroll to the page number directly.

#30 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

Thanks, I found them. Although, the instructions on the page do not follow the actual tile numbering. They're off by hundreds so I'll have to guess which tile is what.

I set it up, I guessed right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users