Arrows/walls

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:09 PM

Is there a way to prevent arrows from flying through walls? In typical dungeon maps for classic every room is the same size so the arrow disappears at the border, but I want the arrow to hit a solid and land directly on the solid, so it can hit a switch on the wall or something but that's that. It's not very aesthetic (plus could lead to cheating) if arrows can be shot through all solids.

#2 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:02 AM

Set the Combo type of your walls to Block Arrow or Block All.

#3 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Praethus @ Dec 5 2009, 02:02 AM) View Post

Set the Combo type of your walls to Block Arrow or Block All.

Thanks a lot, I was getting worried.

Actually, there is no Block Arrow or Block All in my combo type list.

#4 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

If you're using 2.10, it's not possible.

#5 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

Why exactly would they take out a block arrow function when the hookshot function works fine?

Is 2.10 not the newest one? I can't find a link to download anything better than that.

Nevermind, I found an updated version and I got the block arrow thing working. Thanks.

Okay I'm having another problem now that I'm using 2.5.

When I save a quest, I get an error for every single line and it says "writesize != xxx" with a bunch of numbers. When I load the quest in the player, I do not start with a sword and my attacking buttons don't work, plus there's an item in my subscreen that's not supposed to be there, that is graphically messed up.

If this is a problem with the fact that I'm using 2.10 files, is there a way I can get a DoR complete tileset for 2.5 that will not have errors so I can start over? Or, is there something else causing this?

Please help, thanks.

Edit: I tried loading a new quest with the NES graphics and it does the same thing when I save.

Edited by Blue, 05 December 2009 - 10:46 AM.

#6 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

I have no idea about the glitched item but have you set the controls to the right buttons?

#7 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

I managed to get the wooden sword to work. Bombs won't work, arrows work, and the graphical glitch is still there. Also, if I go into init data and I select bomb bags or quivers you start with, there's nothing in the subscreen that indicates you have any. Is that supposed to happen?

I don't know why bombs aren't working or what that stupid glitch is.

#8 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

You need to check if Bomb Bags and Quivers have a spot on your subscreen. I don't think they appear on the preset subscreens. I'm not sure what is causing your glitch. However, if you load a fresh copy of the DoR tileset into 2.5 it should work fine. At least it did for me.

#9 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

This is what happens both in my game file and a fresh new DoR file.
http://i75.photobuck...lkon/glitch.jpg

Look on the left.

This is the tileset I'm using.
http://www.purezc.co...=tilesets&id=69

It did not occur in 2.10. Is there a DoR specifically for 2.5?

I believe I discovered that the graphical glitch is in place of where Shield 1 is. How do I edit that so it displays the shield graphic?

Edited by Blue, 05 December 2009 - 11:30 AM.

#10 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Go to the Quest->Items menu and set the graphic for the Shield 1 item.

#11 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

Okay, I fixed the graphics glitch, and I fixed the bomb problem.

I had a few other questions but I forget most of them. How do you edit the graphics for Nayru's Love's shield? When I use it, a similar graphical glitch occurs instead of something more suitable for the actual shield. Is there a set of NL tiles in DoR, and if so, how do I implement them?

#12 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

I haven't looked much at the DoR tileset, so I'm not sure if there are tiles for it. If you find some tiles though, to set them, go to Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Weapons/Misc.

If there are no tiles in DoR, I'm sure you can find some decent tiles somewhere here on PZC.

#13 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

Next question, how do you set it up so there's an arrow count? I tested putting it on True Arrow mode and set it so you have 30 arrows, but it doesn't tell you how many arrows you have anywhere.

Also, in relation to this question, how do the bomb bags and quivers work? In initialization data, you have a normal start value and a max value. If bombs are set to 10 or something, how does the bomb bag affect that and what values are for each bag/quiver?

#14 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

For arrow counts you are one the right track. You have to set True Arrows to true. Then you have to have a counter on your subscreen. I think, the only Subscreen that does this by default is the Zelda 3 Subscreen. However, there's a good chance that tiles for that Subscreen aren't set up in the DoR tileset.

Subscreen editing is a long and tedious process but allows for excellent customability. Click here for some basics on Subscreen Editing.

As for the Bomb Bags and Quivers: Click here and go down about half the page to the Pickup section, and it will explain how to set the amounts that your Bomb Bags and Quivers increase. Again, for the Bomb Bags and Quivers to appear on your Subscreen, you'll need to edit your Subscreen.

#15 Blue

Blue

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll look them up.

I'm just curious since I just started using 2.5, as I mentioned earlier I keep getting a huge string of errors when I save, but it doesn't seem to affect the gameplay (I had a few crashes a while ago when fairies appeared from enemies but I think I fixed it by setting the program to XP compatibility mode since I'm using Vista). Are these errors just used for debugging and they aren't errors at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users