Trick to changing seasons in zquest

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

Can someone be so kind in to help on how to change seasons on 2.5? Like oracle of seasons? Or castchaos seasoned blood? If castchaos did it in 2.10 then im sure its possible on 2.5. At least give tricks or something to do it manually. Thanks in advance icon_wink.gif

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

You have to have basically have 4 duplicate maps; one for each season. Each contains the screens made in that season.
Then you use duplicate DMaps and warps to move Link to each season.

Shoelace did it in 2.10 too.

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

yeah I thought about something like that, but the problem is, how do I make it so link warps to each season using the ocarina BUT when getting a certain spirit he warps to the required season after getting that spirit. like oos for example. you made a magic mirror LTTP style way back and if you let me edit it icon_shrug.gif

#4 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

With a script?
I can probably help you set something up.
Shouldn't be too complicated.

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:09 PM

well, I was thinking, if I set a 4 different warp actions to the ocarina, that ocarina script you made that animates him playing would'nt work right since you have only 1 action box in the item editor. maybe the ocarina script and the warp script everytime you press a buttom warps you somewhere when the link animation finishes? but then I thought about the warps being FFc scripts. like ffc script warp 1 , ffc script warp 2, ffc script warp 3, ffc script warp 4. everytime you play the ocarina, a secret warp will be triggered for example oracle of ages. he steps on the portal and then if I have ffc script warp 1 on the screen he warps to that dmap and screen the ffc script have? its just a thought. can you joe?

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

Well, I think the best way to do it would be...
  • Have a flag which is 'Season Change' (so it'd be on a tree stump, or somewhere that you can change the season)
  • Set up the 4 dmaps that you want to be the different seaons
  • Make sure all the corresponding screens are in the same place on every dmap
  • Have the script warp you to the same screen location (so that's why they need to be in the same place), and let it decide which dmap it can warp you to dependant on which 'seasons' you have, and whether you're on the 'season change' flag

So it'd use a scripted warp. I could add a wave effect or something
Adding in the playing ocarina script shouldn't be a problem
Wacha think?

#7 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

hmmm...so you're saying the imaginary flag for ''season change'' will be 1 of the 5 flags zquest offers for scripts right? and then you set the warping scripts to each screen I use the ocarina in on the "season change" flag .but there's one thing I don't get, if Im on a autumn season and change the season to winter , can reverse back to the dmap I was before I warped to the winter season and no other season untill later in the game? that's why I thought about the ffc scripted warps so it can prevent the player from warping to other seasons untill later in the game after obtaining certains spirits. but will the flag check be a global script? other than that I think its awesome .but that's of course if you're not that busy with aktth.

#8 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Well, the script would check what 'seasons' you have before you warp, then it'd cycle through each season you do have when you use it.

The flag check would be in the item script.

I am quite busy with aKttH.
Should have a demo out pretty soon I think, not much left of the Eramus area to do now.

But this is quite a cool idea that I'd like to see someone do, and it wouldn't take me very long.

#9 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

Why thanks joe icon_smile.gif i am doing something like that would change the seasons in oracle of nature,but instead im going to switch it up and change the enviorment with the ocarina. I hope its not hard to make. But how would the flag check be an item script if the action box in the ocarina is going to be used?cant wait to see this in action:)

Edited by drzchulo973, 20 November 2008 - 09:31 PM.

#10 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:13 AM

Action box?
Eh?

What's an 'action box'?

#11 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

When i say action box i mean the action tab on the item editor. Sorry i just type really fast icon_smile.gif but yea, how would i implement the ocarina animation script and the "season change" flag both on the ocarina? Are they combined?

#12 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

It would be nice were you to add a few more line spaces and use some clearer punctuation and capital letters.

I don't really get what you mean about 'implenting the flag on the ocarina'.
What you'd have is a custom item which runs an action script.
Inside the script there's a line that says 'is Link on the season change flag?'

#13 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:37 PM

What i mean by "implementing" is: are'nt i using the ocarina animation script ? So link can be seen playing the ocarina, like you did in your two week contest and aktth? How would the flag check be an item script if im only going to use the ocarina to change seasons? PS. I tried proper punctuation icon_razz.gif

#14 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

The punctuation does make it much easier to read =)

Just cause we only have one action script per item doesn't mean we can't have two effects running on the same script ;-)

#15 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

oh wow that's awesome! icon_smile.gif

i really can't wait to try out this script! i'm sorry but it sounds too good to be true icon_wink.gif
So will the script have a sound effect play everytime you warp to a diffrent season?
let's say for example: i use the ocarina,triggering the ''wave effect'' warp. while i'm warping, a sound effect will keep playing untill the warp stopped? Like OoS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users