Photo

SticksAndStones.qst -- 3/2015 demo

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#31 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Apr 29 2011, 07:07 PM) View Post
I like Stick Zelda....
oh. word.
QUOTE(Ornlu @ Apr 29 2011, 12:25 AM) View Post
I honestly like Stick Zelda best. If you must change it though, although I prefer the name Quest, I think that just "Game" suits it better.
I think I agree on all parts of that, but I not really sure if I like having the name Zelda in it. I'm leaning toward Game, but I really want to read more opinions. surely there is an obvious answer, but if there is not, I'd still like to know what the popular choice would be. so, again, folks that are reading this: please reply with which name you feel suits what I have described and shown. so far, the votes seem to be varied evenly at one per. we really should be able to add polls to existing topics; I really don't want to start a new thread for this. maybe you could copy/quote the following (or the latest post's updated tally) and edit in your vote (by replacing a 1 with a 2, for example):

Stick Zelda - 2
Quest - 1
Game - 0
something else - 0

Edited by trudatman, 29 April 2011 - 06:30 PM.

#32 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

I may be ruining some of the mystique of this wacktastic thing, but I like to follow through on what I say I will do. I typed that I would release a demo sooner than later. here it is.

[2011 demo removed]

http://www.shardstor...or/zc190sr1.exe

Edited by trudatman, 30 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#33 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

seeking feedback. please try and then reply.

Edited by trudatman, 06 May 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#34 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Worked just fine in RC1.
Very good! But it's a little hard to know where you can walk or not.
A little short too.

#35 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm alright with the walkability issue; I understand, but I like the way it works out. and, yeah, the demo is really short. it's all there is, so far, but I'm pretty sure the ideas will flow as I expand it. it will be one overworld, assuming it goes as planned. you can see the size I intend it to be by peeping the minimap in this shot:
IPB Image
it'll be very linear with areas of openness like fields or whatever. my biggest plan for this is probably the tileset. I wish I knew a bit more about what the newer builds use as far as tile types, but I'll likely just make what I know about (the regular 1.90 items and enemies and whatnots) and call it a set; it's not like it'd be hard to expand upon. thanks for trying it, Lynker. if you have any more comments or questions or ideas, I'd be appreciative of whatever you'd type out. anybody else try this thing? I know it's a bit underwhelming right now, but I'd still like some more feedback.

Edited by trudatman, 07 May 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#36 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

just noticed that XMuppetSB tweaked the first quest as AtariZelda.qst, but I cannot run it, so I'm hoping somebody can show me a few images of it.

#37 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

this project just got some valuable assistance from a nine-year-old girl (implemented grass effects to accentuate hills). I am generally trying to keep all of my projects in active development and this one is getting occasional work at a fairly slow pace.

#38 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

I think if you breathe and pump blood at slow (and steady?) rates, you can extend life. or I hope, I guess. well, I am still here....

#39 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

I just tried this, I thought it was pretty funny so far, but is the demo supposed to be this short (I came as far as a titlescreen ish thing). I like the graphics though. Reminds me of games before I was born. I especially like the Lanmola graphics.

#40 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

short, for sure. I don't have a lot of tiles done, so I haven't tried to overbuild with what I have. I have, however, made progress since the demo, so an updated file can be expected, eventually. thanks for the feedback; I always appreciate any comments from players.

#41 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

Hahaha. Well, hey, y'know.... back in the early days of gaming, video games had to make up for the horrible lack of pleasing graphics and limited story presentation capabilities. That means that many early games had a really whacked-out sense of humor, even if it was just at a really basic level (like stick figures).

What I like is how the simplicity of the graphics allows them to be much smaller, and the screens just feel bigger.

...Hey, don't look at me like that. icon_neutral.gif I grew up playing a Commodore 64.

IPB Image

#42 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hopefully I'm not missing anything obvious, but the download links seem to be not working. The easy share one says the file has been deleted, and the filedropper one just leads me to the home page (I don't know if I need to sign up for this website to use it, but I don't want to since it's asking to use my Paypal) I really want to try out the demo, could you upload it again or upload it somewhere else?

#43 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

working on it. stay tuned.

[removed 2011 demo]

Edited by trudatman, 30 June 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#44 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

I personally downloaded the file from the first post in this thread, because it didn't work indeed and for some reason a working url was there. I should've pointed it out actually.

#45 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

I don't think I understand. crossed negatives and positives mistranslated or something. the filedropper link works again.

[removed 2011 demo]

Edited by trudatman, 30 June 2013 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users