Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing Thread :D

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

Surprised no one made one of these yet. So here we can shamelessly plug our SMM2 levels. We had a thread for SMM1 too, so lets see if we can get some good old fashioned level sharing going on in here.

Most of my levels are short, and be can cleared in around a minute, or so. I also make it a rule to make sure each level is beatable with small Mario, so you should not ever be stuck cause of that. It's hard to gauge the difficulty of something you made yourself, but I'd say these range from fairly easy, to mildly challenging.

So far, I've made:

Boil The Big Bullies!
1WB-5VK-CFG
3D World Style. Short, and themed around killing the Bullies SM64 style.

Bone Surfing 101
78F-G30-2TG
NSMBU Style. Gimmick level with "surfing". Easy once you get the gimmick.

Major Backup! Find a Plumber
RLS-YL3-SMF
SMB3 Style. A level that should create a tense atmosphere, but you got this, you are Mario after all.

An Even Stranger Place?
3SV-SRL-KMG
NSMBU Style. Kind of a harder level, and more of a test/ random thing than a real level.

Bone Surfing 102
Y1D-65P-GXF
NSMBU Style. A slightly different, harder version of Bone Surfing 101 which turned out to be kind of popular.

Chocolate Slide
19F-FYD-CWG
SMW Style. My first upload. Kind of a quick test with slopes, and tbh, not a great level.

Feel free to discuss levels, and post your own here :)

• Jared and TheRock like this

#2 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

While this is not a level, I have prepared this containing all of the notes I took from researching game mechanics.
Hope this is a helpful resource for fellow SMM makers

• Anthus likes this

#3 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:55 PM

I made a level!

Puzzle Mountain:

17G-Q31-VPF

Pretty short and easy. You like puzzles you should like this one!

Ones on my shared account by ANC, and some half by CMC2000, not sure about who made all of them, but here they are!:

Snow Land!!?

3S0-9GD-L1G

Goombrats sky land:

FMR-FPW-37G

Jungle of Fish:

Y1G-C35-9DG

Piranha Jungle:

1TM-G03-8WF

• Anthus likes this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:02 PM

I made a level!

Puzzle Mountain:

17G-Q31-VPF

Pretty short and easy. You like puzzles you should like this one!

Short and fun.

Ones on my shared account by ANC, and some half by CMC2000, not sure about who made all of them, but here they are!:

Snow Land!!?

3S0-9GD-L1G

I'd add a mushroom block to the second half.

Goombrats sky land:

FMR-FPW-37G

What even are these enemies? Fun scroller though.

Jungle of Fish:

Y1G-C35-9DG

This one was cool.

Piranha Jungle:

1TM-G03-8WF

Prolly the coolest one.

I played your levels. They were fun. :) Replies in bold.

• TheRock likes this

#5 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:16 PM

Singularities: KYR-WKK-QNF

One part me just fiddling around with the editor (so don't expect anything mind-blowing), and one part inspired by the Invictus levels One By One and Claustrophobia (though obviously I can't say that in the level description). Also, yes, it's tagged as an autoscroller. This is intentional. Get in the blue pipe if you want to know why. It might or might not be worth it.

edit: Enabled comments on my Maker settings and stuff. Not entirely sure why I'd disabled them in the first place.

edit again: Yeah okay SM3DW style was probably not the best choice for a first level.

Edited by Espilan, 03 July 2019 - 08:00 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#6 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:52 AM

Spike-Top Infestation: M0D-T70-L9G

SMW-style level. Vine maze full of Spike-Tops and coins -- collect 100 coins, and five pink coins, and get to the finish. Fairly challenging due to the sheer number of Spike-Tops crawling around.

Cars and Mazes: 9T3-KC2-QJF

3D World style. Ghost house with a car section, switches, and then clear pipe mazes.

Castle Dash: P5J-VTS-WBG

NSMB style. Short stage with a short timer. Get to the end alive.

Flooded Forest 1: 5RP-VCB-YDG

SMW style. Has a sub area, uses only a couple enemy types. Made while still figuring out the editor so might be a bit wonky.

Standard SMB3 Level???: 8JM-5DP-FQF

SMB3 style obviously. Starts out in a sky area with lifts and sawblades and flying enemies, then goes underground where there is a diverging path and lots of Pirahna Plants and falling Spinies.

• ShadowTiger and Anthus like this

#7 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

Lunar Snake Castle: NSX-7FD-41G

SMW-style. It's a bit bipolar in that it randomly changes the theme halfway through the level; but apparently there's a limit on snake blocks :(

• Anthus likes this

#8 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:41 AM

Got my second one:

Do Not Secret House: XXL-SN4-MGF

Anyone that followed me in SMM1 might recall that I'd made a level titled Do Not Ghost House, a joke level that took Super Mario World's Donut Ghost House and challenged you to, well, not. This is exactly the same thing, except it's based on the Donut Secret House instead, with some changes that were in part necessitated by SMM2's selection of parts (semi-solid slopes still don't exist, for example), and a slightly different execution since the trick that made Do Not Ghost House possible isn't doable in SMM2.

• Anthus likes this

#9 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

Dark Plunge for 250 Coins: X2M-7LH-7JF

A short timer is your main enemy in this coin-filled ghost house, aside from a handful of Boos. Find 250 coins in a long free fall in the dark and reach the goal.

• Anthus likes this

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

I gave up on your level, Dimentio :P

I think I know what to do actually, but I kept dying. Will try the others later :)

And happy 4th all. Also, this thread is now the Ohio club thread. TS, get in here!

• Deedee likes this

#11 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:47 PM

I gave up on your level, Dimentio :P

I think I know what to do actually, but I kept dying. 

Which part? :P

#12 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:36 AM

Seesaw Climb - No Jumping: VK7-7KP-XSF

SMW style puzzle level. If you jump or fall off of something, you lose. Remember that you can throw objects directly upward in Super Mario World styled stages.

Everyone Loves Water Levels!: QFL-TWC-B0H

I mean, everyone does. Objective fact.

#13 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:48 AM

The Haunt Begins: 04F-04Q-FHG

Tags: Puzzle Solving, Themed

Level Description: This mansion is quiet... too quiet. Challenging course. There are 101 coins

Second Place winner in the Makers' Division of Speedgaming Super Mario Maker 2 Weekly Races 08/09/2019.

I was playing around with the game's loading mechanics and I found something that I thought would come in handy for creating spooky levels. So I made a spooky mansion level built around this mechanic. Pay attention to the blocks in the first section of the stage.

This is a fairly tough course, packed with platforming challenges. Without dying, you can get a maximum of three 1-ups from this course if you clear all of the optional challenges.

Edited by Orithan, 07 September 2019 - 11:12 PM.

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:33 PM

Which part? :P

It was near the start. I wasn't sure how to get into the second area, or find the key.

#15 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 06 July 2019 - 05:21 PM

Ah. You have to kill a thwomp to get a key. There's only one thwomp that's able to be killed, so you just need to figure out how to kill one.

• Anthus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users