Photo

Screenshot of the Week 464

Demonlink GrantGreif Rastael

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 464 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

I wonder if GG intentionally made the mountain cry, or are we just a little too imaginative in what we are seeing. :P

#17 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

I wonder if GG intentionally made the mountain cry, or are we just a little too imaginative in what we are seeing. :P

What a baby!

#18 umbrello

umbrello

I am a hero

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

Now that I think about it, that crying mountain reminds me of an episode of Adventure Time that literally had a crying mountain, lol. 

• Eddy and Demonlink like this

#19 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

Now that I think about it, that crying mountain reminds me of an episode of Adventure Time that literally had a crying mountain, lol. 

I thought of this as soon as I made the mountain.

Originally, I was just trying to add decoration to the mountain, since it just looked really empty to me, so I added waterfalls.  At first I tried to make it not look like that, but after a while I decided "Screw reality, that mountain is gonna cry".

#20 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I thought of this as soon as I made the mountain.

Originally, I was just trying to add decoration to the mountain, since it just looked really empty to me, so I added waterfalls.  At first I tried to make it not look like that, but after a while I decided "Screw reality, that mountain is gonna cry".

Should've made him cry rocks and added a rough-housing village just a little south. :P

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#21 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Should've made him cry rocks and added a rough-housing village just a little south. :P

Don't forget the mountain behind it who loves it's back :P

• Eddy and umbrello like this

#22 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

GrantGreif - That is the saddest mountain I have every seen. But even beyond that, it's a well composed screen an a great way to introduce a major area, be it a dungeon or the denizen of a character. The screen has a lot of personality and I really like the layout. I'm not completely on board with the 1/2 tile height of the ridge on the right (mainly because the mountain wall is only as tall as the ridge itself, which looks odd to me), but I don't think it takes away from anything too much.

Demonlink - A fantastic screen that just oozes artistic flair. The colors pop, the layout of the screen is very travel-friendly, and it looks like it would fit well as part of a larger forest. Even with all the different walk combos, it doesn't come across as cluttered, but rather... complete. Great screen.

Rastael - This looks inspired by the blacksmith's house in Minish Cap, which isn't a bad thing! I really like the blue's contrast against the wood colors, which makes everything just sort of jump out at you. My only issue is just how much is going on with this screen in terms of doorways. It just seems a bit too busy. I think that even removing one of the staircases would create a more cohesive overall screen.

This week, it was a really close one between Demonlink and GrantGreif, but when that mountain looks at me with those sad eyes, I just have to pick GG's screen.

• Demonlink likes this

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

GrantGrief: Oh, go cry me a river. In all seriousness, it's a cool looking shot.

Demonlink: I love it. But then again, I love almost all your screens, so that's not saying much. :P

Rastael: My vote went here this week actually. It's a really solid interior screen with not too much going on, yet enough to capture my interest and make me go "Ooh, I wonder what that switch does, or what's behind that door."
  • Demonlink likes this

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

With 69.05% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 464 is Demonlink!

Demonlink.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- GrantGreif (10 votes [23.81%])
- Demonlink (29 votes [69.05%])
- Rastael (3 votes [7.14%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, GrantGreif, Rastael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users