Photo

Screenshot of the Week 221

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 221 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

*whistles* Didn't think my shot would get more than a few votes, neither even closing in on Shoelace...

#17 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Yep, I knew I wouldn't get any attention! icon_biggrin.gif icon_razz.gif

Nah, I just haven't had much practice with screen design. I think I'll go for a Pure dungeon next time around.

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

gray0x- 6/10
The screen feels empty. Other than that, the transparent layers killed the colors.
Moonwhisper- 8/10
A little messy, but I love the style. I dunno what you were going for with the green and orange mountain mix, but whatever works I guess.
Shoelace- 7/10
I think it's ultimately too stale. I think that main issue is the palette- if you'd switch to a more colorful, vibrant palette the screen could be ten times better.
TheMasterSwordsman- 6/10
Details, details, details. Close your corners (usually) and use the right grass/mountain CSet.
Zemious- 6/10
Way too hard to see anything. Good for gameplay and feel, bad for SotW.

Sorry if I came off as a bit blunt, I'm not mad or anything, just tired.

#19 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

Shoelace, absolutely. A flawless screen. Moonwhisper would be my second choice, but the green mountain between the red looks weird. Gray0x would be third, but the palette bugs me and the design gives me an empty feeling. TMS 4th, but the screen is undetailed and bad designed. Zemious 5th, the big link looks really awesome, but SO off in here. The screen doesn't look very special to me either.

Now, we even saw Link's underwear, but not his face, Shoelace? He must be very ugly then.

#20 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

Looks like I am the winner this week. I am actually surprised as I usually lose SotW's I think my record is like 4-35. lol. 2 for TDS and 2 for EotM, and out of the millions of HoD shots 0 wins. lol. Anyways, thanks again for voting. As always I submit a shot on my birthday as a present, so I don't know when the next time I will submit a shot but I'll keep you posted.

Anyways, /M/ is going to be posting the SotW this week. I have only received 1 Screen, so hopefully everyone is sending them to both people. So come on you all, send them in!

#21 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

Hey, I've got 0-3 wins so far.
I don't normally do SotW as you can see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users