Zeldavania is out!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:05 AM

Come here with any discussion or questions.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

I will give this a shot. Sounds neat.

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:35 AM

Was this the one that was in a contest once?

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 21 June 2020 - 12:05 PM

Was this the one that was in a contest once?

It is. But it's been edited to make the game balanced if you aren't playing Link.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 June 2020 - 01:37 PM

Pretty good stuff!  Having a bunch of trouble finding the wand as Link though.  I already have the mirror shield.  Or is there even a wand?  There are a few screens where magic needs to be reflected but I lack a wand, and there are no enemies on-screen to generate magic. 

There are also a few screens where pots or other moving objects can be moved over (and therefore replace) combos that probably shouldn't have things moving over them.  I'm too lazy to take a screenshot but judging by the map's grid, it looks like screen 24 of the green grass area where Link starts.  That's one of them.  A block can move right over the water.

#6 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:54 PM

Pretty good stuff!  Having a bunch of trouble finding the wand as Link though.  I already have the mirror shield.  Or is there even a wand?  There are a few screens where magic needs to be reflected but I lack a wand, and there are no enemies on-screen to generate magic. 

There are also a few screens where pots or other moving objects can be moved over (and therefore replace) combos that probably shouldn't have things moving over them.  I'm too lazy to take a screenshot but judging by the map's grid, it looks like screen 24 of the green grass area where Link starts.  That's one of them.  A block can move right over the water.

They can move over water? That is something I'll have to fix asap.

For the wand thing, it's a late area item. You have to buy it in a shop after going through a portal in the graveyard.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#7 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

So, I fixed the issue with the pots being pushed over water.

I also made it possible to beat the game with Ganon.

• ShadowTiger and Epsalon ZX like this

#8 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 03:49 PM

I wish I would have found this one sooner as it is a great quest.  I do have a question though, and I know this quest is just

over a year old, but is it possible to use a key out of order in some area's?

I have been all over and have at least 1 or two area's where I need a key, but cannot find one anywhere in those area's.

Edited by jwex001, 31 July 2021 - 03:49 PM.

#9 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:05 PM

I wish I would have found this one sooner as it is a great quest.  I do have a question though, and I know this quest is just
over a year old, but is it possible to use a key out of order in some area's?

I have been all over and have at least 1 or two area's where I need a key, but cannot find one anywhere in those area's.

Sorry my dude, I'm probably too late now.

I would have to look in the file, but I believe I designed things in a way to account for that. I believe all the areas had their own specific keys. And it's hard to say where you may be missing one without knowing the area. I know the music area for instance had one hidden in a wastebin I believe.
  • jwex001 likes this

#10 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:35 AM

Sorry my dude, I'm probably too late now.

I would have to look in the file, but I believe I designed things in a way to account for that. I believe all the areas had their own specific keys. And it's hard to say where you may be missing one without knowing the area. I know the music area for instance had one hidden in a wastebin I believe.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed reply, I did not get a notification that someone replied.  I am actually playing through several different quests on a few different versions right now, and I believe I still have this one on hold.  It is a good fun challenge.

I will go back through and take another look to see if I did in fact miss that one.  It may be a bit with work, my buddy's wedding, on Saturday, and 5 kids to take care of, but I'll let you know.  

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users