Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

And I finished! That was a great game! Thank you

• Russ and Aevin like this

#92 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for playing! Really glad you enjoyed it! :)

#93 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

A fairly large bugfix patch is now live. This will break current saves.

Changelog

The next update should feature a decent amount of new content. However, given the serious nature of some of the bugs found recently, a bugfix update seemed warranted.
  • Aevin likes this

#94 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

Have a bug fix update for our bug fix update!

The last update introduce some unexpected issues, including one that could prevent people from finishing their runs. Definitely recommended to update to this one, but if you're still in the middle of a run from one of the original release files, this will break saves.

Edit: Aaand another quick update. This solved a minor issue with leeches and includes optimizations that should minimize lag in most situations. More optimizations are coming in the future, (looking at you, bone worms), so hopefully we'll soon have this running as smoothly as possible even on low-end machines.

#95 Bilyso

Bilyso

Bill

• Members

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:22 AM

Where am I supposed to go with the cursed souls? I've gotten all 8 of them and I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm playing the Yurei map if it makes any difference.

#96 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:37 AM

There is a room in Willville that seemed to be a completely empty dead-end and do absolutely nothing at all. Use a certain spell you got from the bonus areas in the middle of this room. The game will tell you where you need to go next.

Edited by Orithan, 12 August 2018 - 01:38 AM.

#97 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:16 PM

Does one miss out on the hint on what to do next, if one beats the venser boss after collecting the 8 things?

#98 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

When you collect all 8, you get a hint of where to take them. When you beat the boss, most characters get a "you need to explore more" message. If you try to trigger the event in the Willville room before beating the final boss, you'll get a hint telling you to do so.

We really ought to have a repeatable hint, since the hints can be a bit obscure and easy to forget ... But no matter what order you do it in, you should still get all the hints.

• Avaro likes this

#99 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 04:41 PM

We just submitted a very important update! We've resolved some global script structuring issues and eliminated nearly all frame drops from the quest! Players on low end systems should see a very significant improvement in performance. Some frame drops and slowdown may occur rarely with certain combinations of enemies and weapons (ie, Sunsphere on that screen full of 4 giant skull worms), but it should no longer hamper the overall experience.

There have also been various bug and balance changes. You can see a more detailed change log in the notes on the quest page. It's highly recommended you update before doing any new runs, but switching in the middle of a run isn't recommended.

We're hoping to post an update with some substantial new content in the near future as well. I hope you'll look forward to it!

#100 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Small update today. The biggest feature is that wind and magic stream can now reveal block markers, if you sustain fire on the wall, making sound no longer the best choice for revealing item triggers. We also fixed a bug where bosses would fail to spawn if playing as Ava, buffed playable Holm, and fixed a few smaller bugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users