Help with The Islands of Zelda

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm stuck after level 4. I think I need the hammer to progress.

#2 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hammer is in L5. Go to the east of the big island and cross the raft maze. Eventually, you will find L5 in a island with snake form.
  • Lightwulf likes this

#3 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hammer is in L5. Go to the east of the big island and cross the raft maze. Eventually, you will find L5 in a island with snake form.

Q5AWGaG.png

GPhOnf8.png

This is where I can go with the raft path, still can't find level 5.

#4 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

Use the raft path in the island with the rocks and the stairs warp. You will find new islands in the south of the maze

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Quick bug report:

H34rZgk.png?1

Came out of the cave and I appeared on top of the bushes. Thankfully I could slash the bushes to get out.

Anyways, my thoughts so far is that this quest is really good! I don't see anything TOO spectacular yet, but I'm hoping things get much better as things go along. Really enjoying this too :D Only one thing I must mention though is that Level 3's MIDI is pretty terrible. I hate that MIDI version of the Forest Temple and honestly there's a much better one I know of. That doesn't affect anything though, I just wanted to mention that.

Can't wait to play more of this! 

Edit:

z8Jl1M1.png?1

I can also go under these torches. Might wanna fix that :P

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 12 October 2014 - 12:36 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#6 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

Use the raft path in the island with the rocks and the stairs warp. You will find new islands in the south of the maze

I've tried that, pushed up, down, left and right on all the raft paths. Maybe something with my controller.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

I've tried that, pushed up, down, left and right on all the raft paths. Maybe something with my controller.

From the start of the maze path go:

Right, down, right, down, right, up, left, left, up, right, and then go down from the stairs to get to the next area.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 12 October 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#8 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Stuck on the boss for level 6 - ice palace. Ghoma immune to arrows, hookshot and hammer. Am I missing an item?

Edit - found the goriya which advised I need a silver arrow - now to find it.

Second Edit - the boss chest. HA. How did I mess that up.

Edited by isilmo, 12 October 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#9 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

Anyways, my thoughts so far is that this quest is really good! I don't see anything TOO spectacular yet, but I'm hoping things get much better as things go along. Really enjoying this too  :D

Until L7 is like a classic quest in the ocean, then it starts to get more epic and complex. It's way more long than you can expect and there is a lot of love about Ocarina of Time, you will see. 

The meat in this quest is the exploration, secrets and misteries. It's quite easy and there is a lot of freedom later.

#10 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

Wow!  A lot of activity this morning!  Sorry I couldn't get on earlier.  Thanks, Air Luigi, for holding the fort down until I could get here.

Yes, the hammer is in level 5.  You'll have to return to Big Island later after you get it.

Just to be clear, it's the raft dock furthest to the right in the raft maze that you use to reach Mount Isle to the south.

@EddyTheOliveira:  I had a feeling there were probably still bugs out there!  I've tried to weed them out one by one, but you know how that goes.

1. Yeah, I normally don't like going in those stairs, so that's probably why I missed this.  Fixed & will be in next update.
  2. You know of a better one?  Please tell me where to find it! :) I could probably put it in before I update the quest file.
  3. I found the problem.  For some reason I used the same screen for both layer 1 and layer 3.  I just fixed it by using another screen to designate as layer 3.

@isilmo: You know, even I forget to get the Silver Arrows sometimes! :heh:  Even though they're in a chest in plain sight! 

• Eddy likes this

#11 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

Lightwulf,

Good quest so far.

I just finished level 6. I found the Ice Cave but I'm not sure if I should go there next or look for level 7.

#12 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

You can do the ice cavern before L7, but it's infinitely easier after L7, because...

Spoiler

BTW, don't be afraid to explore and try to complete any dungeon, you have total freedom after L7.

• Lightwulf likes this

#13 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

Ice cave has a bug after the dual threat of manhandlas after the area where you change the path with the wand? After I beat them - it looked like a door was supposed to open to the south but it didn't. 

Edited by isilmo, 12 October 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#14 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

Lightwulf,

Good quest so far.

I just finished level 6. I found the Ice Cave but I'm not sure if I should go there next or look for level 7.

If you've found the Ice Cave, I'm assuming you found the Gauntlets (level 2 power bracelet)?  The place you used the hookshot for that is close to where you need to go for level 7

Yeah, like AirLuigi said, it might be easier to beat after level 7, but you can always explore it if you want.

@isilmo:  That's no bug, but a hint.  Use the item they gave you (or the item normally used on that type of enemy) on that and see what happens!  ;)

#15 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

Stuck in level 8 - at the point where one would find the flame boomerang. I am missing a key - was hoping the tentacle room would have one. Instead it was just a NPC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users