My List of Accomplishments:

- Beat Ultimate Test in LQftH2
- Beat Ninja Gaiden (NES version)
- Beat Ninja Gaiden 2: Dark Sword of Chaos
- Beat Ninja Gaiden 3: Ancient Ship of Doom
- Beat Ninja Gaiden Black on all difficulties
- Beat Ghosts n Goblins
- Beat Battletoads
- Got 105% in Donkey Kong Country 3 in 1 hour and 51 min.
- Beat the original Castlevania for the NES
- Beat Contra and Super C without the Konami Code
- Beat Contra 3: Alien Wars on all difficulties
- Beat Megaman 1 and 2.
- Got perfect score in the horseback archery in OOT (might not be much, but it was to me).
- Beat Resident Evil 4 on all difficulties (still might not be much, but it was my first survival horror victory ever).
- Beaten so many other games I lost count.
- And so many random bonus challenges scattered throughout the world of gaming that I'll never be able to list here.

And if I had to choose from above which one was the biggest? I would say Battleto..... Ninja Gaiden Black for the XBox on its hardest difficulty. Beating that game on Master Ninja took nearly everything I had. I beat this game right after Battletoads, and Battletoads felt like a trip in the park compared to this cruel piece of software.

But, despite everything:
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=sQZuidKexBQ
^ This frightens me. I dunno what game this is from, but after seeing this video I really just drew the line there.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 12 December 2013 - 02:54 AM.

• nicklegends likes this

#542 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

- Got 105% in Donkey Kong Country 3 in 1 hour and 51 min.

That's amazing. I was just happy to have gotten 105% at all, much less having done so that quickly. Nice work. :thumbsup:

#543 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

This frightens me. I dunno what game this is from, but after seeing this video I really just drew the line there.

See, the thing is, danmaku games like this aren't quite as hard as they look. They can still get rather hard, but it's much easier in practice. In case you don't know, in these games, your hitbox is usually much smaller than your ship's sprite, usually only one or two pixels. Also, the video is very blurry, making it hard to see the spaces between bullets. The shots seem to follow a steady pattern, so if you can figure out how to survive the first two or three seconds of each sequence, you'll most likely have no problem surviving the rest. Finally, the boss in the video fills the top of the screen, so you can just hold down the Fire button and focus entirely on dodging instead of actually aiming. I'm not saying I could beat that my first try, but it's not as hard as it looks.

Now, if you want something frightening, try this game for size: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XWWFe-GQ_ZQ. Imagine something similar, but in a platforming game. This guy isn't the final boss, but he's easily the hardest fight in the game. (Note if you're watching the video: The game has a "dash" mechanic that works like a 2D version of Kingdom Hearts' "Dodge Roll". You can use the dash ability to zip through damaging attacks like the boss's lasers without getting hurt. However, in this game, you have a limited number before they have to recharge. It's also very finicky on when the invincibility frames kick in unless you equip a specific upgrade to give yourself slightly more leeway.) The actual final boss is more of a climactic thing, and much more awesome to play against.

Spoiler

Edited by kurt91, 26 December 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#544 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

That's amazing. I was just happy to have gotten 105% at all, much less having done so that quickly. Nice work. :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, that achievement was done when I was much younger and wasn't that good. :P Right now it feels insignificant compare to the rest of that list, but apparently not so much so with the way you put it.

I think I beat DKC2 with 102% in 2 hours and 36 minutes, but I never held my charm to that one because some feller beat it in 2 hours and 32 min in Nintendo power. :/ I guess it's still an accomplishment though.

#545 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

My personal achiements:
Final Fantasy 1 Red Mage Solo
http://i.imgur.com/KBcuQZbl.jpg

Beat original Zelda with 3 hearts
Beat original Zelda without the sword up to ganon
Beat original Zelda with only the Wooden Sword

Beat Super Smash Bros. on Very Hard difficulty using Jigglypuff

Beat SMB under 15 minutes (best time is 13 something minutes)

Beat Culex in SMRPG
Beat Omega and Shinryu in Final Fantasy V

Beat Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke

Beat ALttP under 5 minutes (best is 4 minutes)
Yeah, I'm not very hardcore I know :)

Edited by LunarRedMage, 04 January 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#546 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

Dug out White 2, put together a semi-competitive group of 4 for the double battle PWT, and beat every gym leader in the World Leaders tournament and won the Champions tournament. Nothing leaves you feeling quite so satisfied as plowing through three final bosses, each with decked out competitive teams, in a row.

#547 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Crafted 2 badges in Rogue Legacy today.

#548 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Finally have beaten "Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts" Now that is one of the hardest games I've ever played. But it was good.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#549 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I can safely say that Contra III: The Alien Wars on SNES has been beaten on normal mode... and I can retract my last comment about Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts being the hardest game I've ever laid hands on... Contra 3, the difficulty of that game hit me like a brick wall and did not let up at all.  

#550 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

I beat Zelda One without any use of sword, with the exception of the final battle. I didn't use any upgrades with the exception of the Silver Arrows. I didn't die and only had five hearts and I didn't also use the Magic Key. I also beat Zelda Two with no deaths with minimal amount of equipment. These were hard, several retires and rage quits, but I accomplished it in the end. I also beat the hardest (and most likely the most unfair) quest in Zelda Classic, Liberation of Hyrule without cheats. I also beat other James quests too, and some hard but not James quests too. I accomplished to beat Lost Isle with only two deaths, no shield loses, and no potions. I've still yet to beat DarkFlameWolf's record though, but I'm second in the lead. I also beat most standard quests with three hearts and also suffered some awful joke quests, one even gave me a headache... I gave it justice in the end!

I also accomplished some non-Zelda (and non-ZC) game stuff too. But I'm going to keep this post short and will post these achievements once I beat these games.

Edited by Charizard, 10 April 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#551 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

http://imgur.com/18IkRVa

Probably my biggest gaming accomplishments ever. As you can see I caught all possible pokemon in Pearl. I would use direct imageing but I am using Mobile.
  • nicklegends likes this

#552 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Not all that special, perhaps, but I did manage to get the absolute maximum score in F-Zero for the SNES. It wasn't as hard as beating the King Cup on Master difficulty, but it was harder than I expected.

f-zero_max_score.jpg

One thing that's interesting is you get an extra machine for 10,000 points, 20,000 points, and 30,000 points, but not for 40,000 points. The path to 48,500 could then look something like this:

Race Machines First four laps  Final lap        Get machine?  Cum. pts.
1    3        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   No             3,600
1    2        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   No             7,200
1    1        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   Yes (@10,000) 10,800
1    1        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            16,900
2    1        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   Yes (@20,000) 20,500
2    1        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            26,600
3    1        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   Yes (@30,000) 30,200
3    1        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            36,300
4    1        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            42,400
5    1        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            48,500

What I did instead was this:

Race Machines First four laps  Final lap        Get machine?  Cum. pts.
1    3        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No             6,100
2    3        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) Yes (@10,000) 12,200
3    4        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            18,300
4    4        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) Yes (@20,000) 24,400
5    5        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   No            28,000
5    4        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   Yes (@30,000) 31,600
5    4        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   No            35,200
5    3        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   No            38,800
5    2        1st (3,600 pts.) Crash (0 pts.)   No            42,400
5    1        1st (3,600 pts.) 1st (2,500 pts.) No            48,500

Yes, racing Silence six times in a row tends to get the music stuck in one's head. But it works.

From here, maybe I should try getting the lowest possible score (9,000 pts.).

#553 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yes, racing Silence six times in a row tends to get the music stuck in one's head. But it works.

Silence has been burned into my head for many years, both the SNES and N64 versions.

I beat ZC: The Hidden Duality Xtreme, finding all 25 keys in Level 9 and getting the magic Key in the Master Dome.

#554 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

I beat Metroid Prime 3 on Hyper Mode. >_>

• The Satellite and coolgamer012345 like this

#555 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

Some maybe-notable stuff I've done, some recent, some not:
• Completed Zelda II (NES).
• Completed The Guardian Legend (NES).
• Completed Solomon's Key (NES) with the normal ending. The special ending involves tracking down a series of invisible items that must be revealed.
• Completed I Wanna Be The Guy (PC).
• Completed Megaman X2 (SNES) w/ 100% collection, without having to revisit any stage once save for the mandatory revisit at the end.

• Completed Iji (PC) with only one kill attributed to the player character, all other enemy kills were via reflections or friendly fire.

• Completed the main modes of both Rosenkreuzstilette games (PC).
• Completed Rockman 4 Minus Infinity (romhack).
• Abused the song editor in WarioWare: DIY (DS). Not that anyone's surprised.

edit: Since I assume somebody out there's going to want an example: http://tinyurl.com/espilan-wwdiy1
WarioWare: DIY's system is pretty limited. For one thing without going too far into the specifics, you can only have four simultaneous instruments (each with no polyphony) and drums (4 simultaneous notes) at one time.

Edited by Espilan, 13 June 2014 - 02:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users