Photo

Map of the Month 16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 16 (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for the best map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

Map of the Month 16

Welcome, to Jurassic Pa-- err, Map of the Month 16! We have a flora of totally radical maps for you today, so if you're having trouble deciding which one to vote for, go get a cold Coca Cola [/advertisement] and get yourself refreshed! I know it'll be hard, but I'm sure you and Coca Cola can do it together! (Like, seriously, I get paid for this...)

Anyways, let's get on with it, shall we?

Blaman
A map from a quest for a contest from awhile back I never finished...

Christian

Russ

T. Platinum
Long abandoned, Sonata Chapel is now overrun with spiderwebs and broken dreams.

That's it for this month, folks... now vote!

#2 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

Christian got my vote.

Blaman: There aren't really enough colors, in my opinion. Sure, there probably shouldn't be, but it just looks to repetitive to me.
Russ: It seems a bit spacey.
Christian: I'm a sucker for anything GB as long as it's well done... icon_razz.gif
T.: The webs ruin it for me. They're neat at first, but there's just so many...and they're so big...It bothers me.

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

Blaman - I like the layout. I think you should change the reds to be more firey and orange. There are also some tree errors on the bottom half.

Christian - I like gameboy graphics. Especially because I've been playing OoA/S at work recently. I really like the mine shaft idea.

Russ - It's really open. I understand that its supposed to be ruins-esque, but it just seems a bit boring.

T. Platinum - The webs get in the way try making them transparent. The books and papers and the ground seem huge in comparison to the books on the shelves. And lastly, put in floor borders!

I nulled.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

I voted for Blaman. I like the layout, and the graphics, they are great.

#5 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Blaman: Awesome. Voted.

Christian: Also awesome, just not quite as awesome.

Russ: It seems to lack detail, so it seems really empty because of it.

T. Platinum: Yeah, the webs, what everyone else said.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

Christian: Great GB work. *votes*

Blaman: Although well created, it's just way too repetitive for my tastes.

Russ: It lacks detail, a lot. For example, you need way more grass detail, and it looks too open.

T. Platinum: If the webs are supposed to be that cumulative and large, I'm afraid of how big those dang spiders are. A good dungeon map, but I'd cut down on the webs a bit.

#7 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I voted for Blaman in the end. It's nice to see a good volcanic overworld once in a while, and this is a rather good one - even with all the mountain and tree errors.

Christian: I like the mine carts (are they scripted?), but in the end I just didn't want to vote for this: the tile errors bug me more than Blaman's, and in any case it just feels so small... Also, sorry for never getting back to you on that level I was supposed to do.

Russ: I have the same criticism as Prospekt: it's just too underdetailed for a tileset like DoR, and in any case it just doesn't have the same feel as the area it's based on. Also, why is that staircase green?

T Platinum: I think the cobwebs are really only meant to be in the corners - I also think that if you want the cobwebs as they are right now they should at least be transparent. Maybe it's better in-game. Ah well. This gets second, in my opinion.

#8 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

I lie that screenshot I voted for Blaman. Nice work icon_smile.gif

#9 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE(Pheonix @ Aug 26 2009, 07:48 PM) View Post

the tile errors bug me more than Blaman's, and in any case it just feels so small... Also, sorry for never getting back to you on that level I was supposed to do.

Yes the mine carts are scripted of course.

Tile errors? where? i can't seem to spot them. And this is a diffrent game. I cancelled the other quest.

Also the dungeon is not small at all, if you looked at my QPF thread with ZebraStallion, it saids that the dungeon is 1/2 of a map with two floors. I decided to enter MOTM so i started to make screens really fast because i thought i was late for it. But i really don't seem to get your "tile errors".

Edited by Christian, 27 August 2009 - 03:15 AM.

#10 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

And so the winner of MotM 16 is... Blaman! Congratulations Blaman, on a job well done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users