Photo

[OtBP] How is the forum doing?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: This is an unnecessary poll title. (38 member(s) have cast votes)

How is OtBP doing, in your opinion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Ben

Ben

Extremely retired administrator

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

Okay. It's been a couple months now since Off the Beaten Path was opened. I'm curious as to how people feel about it now that it's been broken in some and most people have had a chance to look at it. Granted it seems that as of late people have been using it mainly to make RP threads but still.

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

I think its ok, but, it could be a lot better. Its not generating the attention that it was originally supposed to. Its not collapsing, though, and as long as people post in it, its fine.

#3 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

Well, if RP is waht people want let them have it! HADOKEN! Seriously, it's not harming anyone.

Spam threads ... well, I see the point of disalowing them though I don't share it. The one spam thread (with archived versions) has probably generated more posts than the rest of the forum together.

I quite like TOPLITE though a bit more activity would be most welcome.

All in all ... a success, I'd say.

#4 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

I think it's doing pretty well.
True that a lot of the threads are RP threads, and that most of the posts are in the spam thread...

But there's really nothing wrong with this forum. If you don't want all these RP threads to get in the way of the others, I would suggest bringing back World of RPGs as a subforum here.

#5 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Contributors

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

icon_clap.gif

It's actually perfect, in my opinion--I wouldn't want to be a community that didn't have something like an off-topic forum, spam forum, etc. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy myself here either without one, it really just adds to the fun of being here by a good bit.

It's great. Keep it.

Edited by TheMasterSwordsman, 15 August 2008 - 10:05 AM.

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

"Let my people RP!" icon_biggrin.gif

If that's what they want to use it for that's totally appropriate. Off The Beaten Path is doing fairly well- it's not exactly exploding with popularity, but it has its place and should definitely stay.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

Well, it's my favorite forum on this site, so that should say something. Yes, the RP is a big contributing factor to that, but still, it's an awesome forum, 10,000 times better than DS ever was.

#8 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Fairly well. My only complaint is that it seems like the Spam thread gets 50+ posts a day and TOPLITE is lucky to get 3. More activity there would be awesome.

#9 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

Agreed, although, I'm probably the main reason why Spam thread gets 50+ posts a day.

Edited by Alestance, 15 August 2008 - 02:33 PM.

#10 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

QQ QQQ Qq qs;f;; qQ

• Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Aug 16 2008, 06:02 AM) View Post

Agreed, although, I'm probably the main reason why Spam thread gets 50+ posts a day.

Me too. icon_heh.gif

Spam threads ... well, I see the point of disalowing them though I don't share it. The one spam thread (with archived versions) has probably generated more posts than the rest of the forum together.

I think that's true, and quite shocking at the sight of how many people are posting in it.

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

"It's doing okay, but not great either..."

...because it's mainly used just for forum RPGing (a thing that I don't really like or care), so if RPG were put in a separate forum (for severe number) and the random thread were closed, then it would be curtains for this forum.

The idea of such forum is good for a forum like the nowadays Pure and I don't know why people don't use it for more than randomness and RPing... It's downright natural that the randomness thread overhelms this forum even at a board like Pure.

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Aug 25 2008, 04:40 PM) View Post

...because it's mainly used just for forum RPGing (a thing that I don't really like or care), so if RPG were put in a separate forum (for severe number) and the random thread were closed, then it would be curtains for this forum.

Yes, but that's mostly a small group. It wouldn't do good in its own forum... remember World of RPG's?

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 25 2008, 02:47 PM) View Post

Yes, but that's mostly a small group. It wouldn't do good in its own forum... remember World of RPG's?

Hey, you never know. Make an RP forum, give me, SillyCat2, Schwa, and Alestance, (and possibly Pheonix and Blaman) power over it, and it could actually turn out well,

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

I'd definately make some use out of an RP board. I'm new to it, but I find it to be a lot of fun.

As for the state of OtBP, I like it. I don't post much in it aside from the RPs, but I think it's doing fairly well.

Edited by blaman, 25 August 2008 - 04:44 PM.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

You oughta cash in on that plan and create your own RPG forum, or go look for one on a subject you like.

Heck, if you make one, I'd join in. icon_razz.gif

The [RP] trend is like any other trend: Here now, won't be that frequent later. It'll pass.

Seriously, though, Russ, go start a board for RPG's and let us in on it. icon_blah.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users