• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

Orin XD Presents:

Legend of Zelda: The Atoment of Time (the Demo)

Please note that I am also known as Seastorm at AGN, so please don't report me for plagrism on this case.

This was orignaly the sequel to TLoZ: The Awakening of Giratina, but something else will be...

It is cancled, but the demo is here (which is like 21% done).

Demo requires 2.5 build 1296 windows. Next beta will (hopefully) require 2.5RC1.

You can get the build at http://www.shardstorm.com/

Save it or lose it! Press start directly on any star tile to save the game. You get told ingame about it.

Note to Newbies: If you are a beginner at ZC, then don't play this yet. This quest is quite hard and provides a challenge to the more experienced players.

How to play an update without starting over: Unzip the folder as usual, then rename the qst. file to exactly the same as the previous version, then play!

This is more aimed at certain people more than others: Do not slam it and (or) me just because it is a Pokemon-Zelda quest and actually play it before critsing and (or) commenting on it. You know who you are.

Description: This will be a huge quest when done, about twice as big as Platinum Quest. The tileset is DoR and many of the enemy sprites will be edited eventually. In the demo: There are parts of 3 of the 5 BS overworlds, 2 of 8 main dungeons, 1 full minidungeon and parts of 2 others of 9. You can get 10 heart containers, 4 magic containers, 100 rupees, 10 bombs, 30 arrows and 4 general keys. Each level has suffent level keys to avoid using any general keys. These was just the counter-based items. You will find many more treasures than that as you played. If you find any blank screens, go back.

Brief story: Zelda has been kidnapped again! And the person who did it is also after the Diamond Triforce and that is not Ganon. Knowing that, Link went to Lucario to ask about who the villan would be. Lucario opens up a portal to a strange world to where the villan took Zelda. With no sword, shield or even rupees; Link set out on an adventure to rescue Zelda on this strange world, not knowing what is right around the corner.

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rq0l21 (Beware of ads!) If you can't seem to download it, then try multiple times.

Snapshots:

IPB Image
Leaklon Jungle, part of the Terrifirma Contient.

IPB Image
The Blizzard Contient

IPB Image
Vulpmancer Highlands, part of the Volcano Contient

IPB Image
Level 1

IPB Image
Level 2

IPB Image

Lava Chambers.

See SoTW 297 for a snapshot of Icy Grotto and SoTW 300 for one of the screens that will be in this quest.

Credits (as of now; I might add more):

Rexlaninetales: Some of the music used.
Esplian: Some of the other music used.
Radien: The tileset.
Mr.Z: Sprites ripped from Pure.
The Spriter's Resorce: For a number of the sprites used.
Nintendo: For creating TLoZ.
Creatures inc.: for helping to create Pokemon.
ZUN: For creating Touhou (there will be Touhou midis in this icon_razz.gif ).

Edited by Orin XD, 06 June 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#2 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

I gave it a try and like what I played except for your save points in the game. I never did figure out what to press to save the game and had to restart twice before getting the sword. I then died again in the jungle dungeon and lost everything. I wasn't about to restart another game. I would have kept playing it if you hadn`t used a tile to save the game.

#3 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:50 AM

You wouldn't had that trouble if you listened to that Leaklon elder when you got the first key, and SAVE WHENEVER YOU CAN! I am sick of fixing continue bugs, so I'm taking this way. It may not be a Zelda feature, but stick to it. Lufia II and lots of other games used this kind of feature. Do I have to write "save" on every savetile to get the message across? Having to deal with posts like this annoys me because people who don't read the strings properly have to complain and critisize others about their mistake. This was not intended to flame or troll anybody.

Edited by Orin XD, 16 November 2010 - 02:59 AM.

#4 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

I did see the comment but no matter what I pressed on my laptop keyboard the save NEVER came up. I also realize today that I'm probably the only person who tried out your demo. What the hell does that tell you?

#5 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

What build do you use? The save feature works for me fine. It could be a bug in your build.

If you press it once and it doesn't come up, try standing on it precisely. It can be annoying at times.

#6 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hi Orin!

I've tried it. I do like the graphics and style of the quest. I also like that you can save in the overworld. I have no problem using the save tiles. I like the tiles that are in it to refill the hearts and magic. I've made it to Level 1 the Jungle Dungeon. I have restarted from the beginning save tile and had to walk back to level 1 and gather up the keys again more then once. I don't mind a game being challenging but having to redo more then a couple of times is not fun. Knowing you have to go back and get everything again because you couldn't get to a save tile. Someone else may not have any problems playing. But I die a lot. I am just a medium player.

You can only have 100 rupees to begin with and the boomerang cost 150. The shield you can buy for 10 rupees is like having no shield at all. icon_lol.gif The only 2 things I found it reflected was arrows and boomerangs as long as you are standing in front of them. You get hit by everything else. icon_lol.gif If your going to just use save tiles maybe you could put one at the entrance to level 1 or the first room. icon_biggrin.gif I noticed when you slash the grass you get nothing no hearts, no rupees.

The map in the tomb doesn't appear at the top after getting it. There were two chests that were empty after beating the enemies. And two others had something in them.

I really liked your last quest and was looking forward to this one. I might try it again I don't know.

EDIT: I tried it again. It took me 6 tries dying and starting over but I found a save tile in the Jungle Dungeon. So maybe I can play this! icon_smile.gif I'm enjoying it more now! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Artistic, 17 November 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#7 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

I don't see what the big deal is about using save points instead of the usual Zelda save system. Older RPGs did the exact same thing. :/ Honestly, I kind of like the change; it adds higher stakes and makes me more on my toes. But eh, to each their own. I haven't tried this yet, but I'll give it a go once I get finish your previous quest; it seems interesting, though I'm not too keen on the Zelda+Pokemon idea, it won't break a game for me and certainly won't stop me from trying it. icon_razz.gif

But playing the Platinum quest, I didn't have any problems with the save points. Using 1296, as suggested. icon_smile.gif Now that I've got some free time once again, (sorta) I'll get on the quest finally full-pin. icon_razz.gif

#8 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

Oh, yeah. The game is very far from completion. I haven't made any more progress since I released the demo.

@ Artistic: Did you read the string? That shop is there to mock you. There are several shops that do that. The shield is useful for me because I play defensive and use it to block rocks. There are not many enemies that use attacks that pierce the wooden shield early on. As for the grass, I made it so you can't get a plethora of hearts and rupees from the forest.

#9 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Nov 17 2010, 05:07 PM) View Post

Oh, yeah. The game is very far from completion. I haven't made any more progress since I released the demo.

@ Artistic: Did you read the string? That shop is there to mock you. There are several shops that do that. The shield is useful for me because I play defensive and use it to block rocks. There are not many enemies that use attacks that pierce the wooden shield early on. As for the grass, I made it so you can't get a plethora of hearts and rupees from the forest.

@ Orin I read the string. I just thought I was going to be able to buy the items later on in the game but that at least I could get the boomerang because it was only 150 and most quest start of with 255 rupees. I was just surprised 100 rupees was the limit. icon_biggrin.gif

Still a good quest. Finally got the third key. Now I can get the bow. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Artistic, 17 November 2010 - 06:15 PM.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

You wouldn't had that trouble if you listened to that Leaklon elder when you got the first key, and SAVE WHENEVER YOU CAN! I am sick of fixing continue bugs, so I'm taking this way. It may not be a Zelda feature, but stick to it. Lufia II and lots of other games used this kind of feature. Do I have to write "save" on every savetile to get the message across? Having to deal with posts like this annoys me because people who don't read the strings properly have to complain and critisize others about their mistake. This was not intended to flame or troll anybody.

Geez thats a little bit harsh don't ya think? It probably makes sense to write 'SAVE' on the ave tiles.

The overworld could use some work, but eh its a bit meh since its a demo. It could change over time.

Edited by Midnight_King, 18 November 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#11 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

I will be making some edits to the overworld eventually.

Well, I've started making more progress towards the second tomb-minidungeon.

As for the savepoints, I don't want to make it completly obvious. That Leaklon elder tells you about it ingame, which should be enough to tell you that those star thingys allow you to save. Those savetiles were ripped from Lufia II, btw.

So just that you know; I have planned for Touhou characters to appear in the quest (with their relevent stories on how they come across Link), starting with Cirno. If you played through the whole demo, you will have come across at least one reference to my avatar (as of time of post), who is from Touhou 11. Is this a good idea, or a bad idea.

Edited by Orin XD, 18 November 2010 - 02:56 AM.

#12 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

I beat level 1. When fighting the boss I got stuck in the upper left corner about 3 times. It was when I went to the bottom right corner and one time when I went to the upper left corner. The X's are about where it happened. I went to those spots and then I ended up in the upper left corner.
IPB Image
Also I went to see Harry. Died a couple of times before escaping. So instead of having to get the glove all over again I went and saved it after getting the glove. I saved it where you start the game at that save tile. When I went back to talk to Harry the door wouldn't open after defeating the enemies. So now I can't trigger what was suppose to happen after talking to Harry. Or get what was in that chest or get the key.

I'm not going to start over. Sorry!

#13 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Nov 18 2010, 02:55 AM) View Post

So just that you know; I have planned for Touhou characters to appear in the quest (with their relevent stories on how they come across Link), starting with Cirno. If you played through the whole demo, you will have come across at least one reference to my avatar (as of time of post), who is from Touhou 11. Is this a good idea, or a bad idea.

So long as they don't overthrow the story and basically appear as cameos and are just light references, I don't see any problem personally. I actually planned on having a bunch of little cameos in my own game. They're so much fun to include. icon_razz.gif

Also, if you need some sprites for some of the characters, I think I can help. I've made a player sheet for Cirno (I have plans on making a Touhou quest in the future) and a few other odds and ends. If you're interested, let me know. icon_wink.gif

#14 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(Artistic)

I beat level 1. When fighting the boss I got stuck in the upper left corner about 3 times. It was when I went to the bottom right corner and one time when I went to the upper left corner. The X's are about where it happened. I went to those spots and then I ended up in the upper left corner.
IPB Image
Also I went to see Harry. Died a couple of times before escaping. So instead of having to get the glove all over again I went and saved it after getting the glove. I saved it where you start the game at that save tile. When I went back to talk to Harry the door wouldn't open after defeating the enemies. So now I can't trigger what was suppose to happen after talking to Harry. Or get what was in that chest or get the key.

icon_omg.gif How do you break my game like that! I tried replicating these and I didn't find them.

Did you push those blocks? Are you truly stuck? (you better not be; I designed that room to not mess up).

QUOTE(Blaman)
@ Touhou characters and references: So long as they don't overthrow the story and basically appear as cameos and are just light references, I don't see any problem personally. I actually planned on having a bunch of little cameos in my own game. They're so much fun to include. icon_razz.gif

Also, if you need some sprites for some of the characters, I think I can help. I've made a player sheet for Cirno (I have plans on making a Touhou quest in the future) and a few other odds and ends. If you're interested, let me know. icon_wink.gif
Although I had planned to have them as bosses; now that you said this, I won't do that. I guess I'll have Cirno do something like brag about her strength and nothing else. But I still have Touhou themes going to be used for certain bosses that are not Touhou. icon_wink.gif

I am also planning a Touhou quest in the future too! But there would be only characters from 9 to 12 (inclding those that overlap with earlier games) and have a diffrent scenario to yours.

#15 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Nov 18 2010, 05:29 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Artistic)

IPB Image

icon_omg.gif How do you break my game like that! I tried replicating these and I didn't find them.

Did you push those blocks? Are you truly stuck? (you better not be; I designed that room to not mess up).

QUOTE(Blaman)
@ Touhou characters and references: So long as they don't overthrow the story and basically appear as cameos and are just light references, I don't see any problem personally. I actually planned on having a bunch of little cameos in my own game. They're so much fun to include. icon_razz.gif

Although I had planned to have them as bosses; now that you said this, I won't do that. I guess I'll have Cirno do something like brag about her strength and nothing else. But I still have Touhou themes going to be used for certain bosses that are not Touhou. icon_wink.gif

I am also planning a Touhou quest in the future too! But there would be only characters from 9 to 12 (inclding those that overlap with earlier games) and have a diffrent scenario to yours.

@ Orin If there is a bug I will find it. Leave it to me! icon_lol.gif Yes I was truly stuck! I couldn't move anywhere but around in a circle. I did beat this boss I just didn't go where those X's are anymore. Up there on the left where the X is I walking towards the wall I was pushing up against the wall then the next thing I was over there, where am at in the picture. That is why the fireball is up there by the X. It happened really fast. I second I was in one spot next second I was up there in that corner. When it happen down in the right corner I was trying to dodge fireballs.

What blocks are you talking about?
You did read about the trouble I had with Harry on that post?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users