Photo

OoT Poll

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: OoT Poll

After you finish the Water Temple, which of these would you go to first?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

In OoT, after you finish the Water Temple dungeon, you will find yourself going to Kakariko, and you will have the cutscene with the evil of the well. From you end up in the Shadow Temple.

But did you know you can complete the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple? Even before you get the Hoverboots, its possible to complete it, athough a bit more challenging. icon_wink.gif

When I first played through OoT, I went to the shadow temple first, finding the spirit temple later. I went and played through it again and went to the spirit temple before the shadow temple and found that it is completeable without the Hover Boots.

Now its up to you: Given the choice, or ability, would you go to the Spirit Temple first for a bit of a challenge?

#2 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

Spirit Temple is completable without Hover Boots? I was never able to get one of the silver rupees in the boulder room without them... I rolled and jumped as far as I could and still didn't get it. You're bull****ing me.

#3 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

After I finish the water temple I straight to the and beat the shadow temple.
I save the best for last. I voted Shadow temple.

Edited by bringer of destruction, 01 August 2008 - 05:13 PM.

#4 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 1 2008, 06:10 PM) View Post

Spirit Temple is completable without Hover Boots? I was never able to get one of the silver rupees in the boulder room without them... I rolled and jumped as far as I could and still didn't get it. You're bull****ing me.

Now, I know for a fact that I finished the Spirit Temple because the worst problem I had was fighting Twin Rova's second form without the boots (Turns out she's hookshot-able icon_heh.gif)

Also, note that beating the spirit temple first doesn't change how you'll progress in the Shadow Temple.

Edited by Alestance, 01 August 2008 - 05:32 PM.

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, she's hookshot-able... makes it even easier when you use it on Ganondorf.

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

Shadow Temple, always. I tried Spirit First once, and I remember not being able to do something...

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:02 PM

Shadow. Mainly because Navi hinted at Shadow before Spirit. icon_razz.gif

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Shadow for me. Never tried it the other way.

#9 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

I usually try to go online to find the craziest orders to do the temples in, usually ending up doing the Shadow Temple first. icon_razz.gif But going in the "correct" order, I'd say Shadow first because that level is so good and I can't wait to get into it by that point in the game.

#10 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

I always went to the Spirit Temple because that's how my older brothers did it, and it just made sense to me.

#11 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 1 2008, 02:10 PM) View Post

you can do a jump-slash attack at the end of your jump to give it just a tad bit more distance. but you have to time it perfectly.

i voted spirit, because its more fun to do it without the boots to me. I also, think the twinrova boss is easy. its nabooru in the armor before the battle thats hardest.

#12 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Spirit Temple should be LAST--because the Spirit temple owns out of all of the temples on OoT.

It's the reason I enjoyed the last parts of OoT...

#13 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

But aren't you unable to pass the Desert Colossus without the Hoverboots? Or am I just stupid? icon_confused.gif

Well anyway, assuming what you say is correct... I'd just go to the Shadow Temple first anyway. Save best for last. It leads into the final showdown nicely. icon_w00t.gif

Edited by Beta Link, 01 August 2008 - 10:53 PM.

#14 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

Shadow Temple first.

Off-Topic: Beta Link, You can get there early in a weird way, I saw a speedrun where he did Deku Tree- Spirit Temple - Dodongo Cavern - Jabu Jabu Belly - Shadow Temple - Spirit Temple - Forest Temple (Not killing boss) - Ganon
or something :S

Edited by AntonJ3000, 02 August 2008 - 03:19 AM.

#15 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Aug 1 2008, 11:52 PM) View Post

But aren't you unable to pass the Desert Colossus without the Hoverboots? Or am I just stupid? icon_confused.gif

Those flagpoles are hookshotable too, and theres one on both sides of the quicksand pit. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Alestance, 02 August 2008 - 08:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users