• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

I think I went into the desert cave pretty early and got badly wrecked :P

But anyways, another great part, can't wait for more!

#17 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=_oTbkg116q4 Part 7

#18 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

This is the level that many find the most frustrating in the entire game. The tricky layout, combined with the slow walking and the abundance of walk-through/bombable walls is probably a bit much.  There's a few things that would've made this easier, though. First, using your map a lot. The place is difficult to navigate, but since the two floors are overlaid, you can usually get where you want by heading in its general direction on whatever floor you're on, and the dark rooms on the map can really point you in the right direction. Secondly, the "rooms with many blocks" hint. It seems like you might have forgotten it as soon as you saw it, but all of the tricky bomb/walkthrough walls are in rooms with a lot of blocks.

A couple of oddities ...  I actually hate like-likes myself, so it's surprising I put so many of them in here. I think a big part of the problem is that I had a limited amount of enemies that made sense underwater, and since like-likes are underwater enemies in Majora's Mask, I decided to use them, and went a bit overboard. Then, there's the dungeon entrance thing. I wanted all of them to continue within the level but save to the overworld, like the original NES Zelda. But this level's the exception, because of a technical limitation involving the underwater entrance, so you'll continue inside next episode. I hate inconsistency!! :(

Also, the dungeon is based on the Ocean Temple from Spirit Tracks, if you don't figure that out next episode. ;)

• Eddy likes this

#19 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

I never figure it out, plus I never did beat Spirit Tracks.  Also, this dungeon wasn't too bad as a later one.....

#20 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hmm, level 7 isn't too bad overall.  level 8 also isn't that bad.  level 9 it may not hurt to have a specific backup item on hand along with L1 magic ring.  finding the hidden staff is also a big plus to have in general

#21 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

I found Level 6 to be the hardest dungeon for me, mostly because I just keep forgetting where I'm going and I just go in circles all the time, not to mention slow walk. Because of that, Level 6 is also my least favourite dungeon. But hey, the later dungeons make up for that.

Anyways, can't wait to see more.

#22 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=disEDzyrlvA Part 8

#23 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

Man, some of the remixes in this quest sound better than the original versions

Really like the level 8 design.  Almost an exact replica of the original version of the level.  Fighting a blue gohma with only two tiles across can be a bit daunting, but gives good practice in dodging gohma shots at least

#24 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

Really nice part, and you were really close to Level 7 too :P

Can't wait for more.

#25 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=X97JC9-wC7U Part 9

#26 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

Lol at your reaction to seeing level 7's theme.  Saw that one coming.  Combining this with the prior part music should get some good points

#27 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

I was feeling a little down because you were having a hard time finding stuff, but your reaction at the end made it all worth it. I hope you ended up enjoying the dungeon. I'm really looking forward to the next part. :)

So ... I'm beginning to wonder if you ever do end up finding the lens. At one point you start talking about how nice a lens would be, and you were two screens away from its location. ;)  It's optional, of course, but my hope has always been that players easily frustrated by bomb/walkable walls would find that to make things easier.  I placed it near the potion shop in hopes players would frequent that spot and find it, but you don't buy potions very often.  Also ...  You have to have eventually found the route to lv 8, but seeing you bomb and just barely miss the spot made me wince.

I'm really enjoying watching these. Your LP's really perk me up in the morning.

#28 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

I placed it near the potion shop in hopes players would frequent that spot and find it, but you don't buy potions very often.

I believe I got that actually. I can't remember, it's been too long since I last LP'd this XD

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 06 November 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#29 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

Pretty easy to miss the dive spot there unless you're really trying to explore stuff and diving everywhere you can.

I have my LP ready, but it's on the upload queue list at this time.  Yeah, I take a very different approach to the quest, which is my typical style of play.

#30 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=qwR2eJRzuV0 Part 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users