The Adventure of Kain Help

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Is this a bug? I managed to walk into the house/cave, via some hidden door (?) from the top right side, and get the letter inside, but when I exit, I'm stranded there on the south side of the house due to not having a ladder.

yhkvPwN.jpg

#62 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

Is this a bug? I managed to walk into the house/cave, via some hidden door (?) from the top right side, and get the letter inside, but when I exit, I'm stranded there on the south side of the house due to not having a ladder.

yhkvPwN.jpg

No the hidden door thing is not a bug i made it back in 2003 or before that... Maybe you are the only one that found it!?

However i think i forgot about that I made it and moved the place where you show up after exiting the house. 

I'll change it back to the right side of the fence, it doesn't look that good but then people will be able to continue without ladder right? Thanks a lot for finding this Marv Albert! 

In L6....directly northeast from the entrance....there are some unwalkeable tiles on the north end. One screen north, and one screen east. They're not walls either....cause I can't thrust them. I just simply can't walk on them

Edit: Actually....I'm seeing a number of problems with that room...both graphically and mobility wise
Double edit....I found the secret...thanks to the map....but that room is incredibly strange. I really feel it needs to be redone

I'll take a look at this later and try to fix it, Thanks for all your great input! 

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#63 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

So i have fixed the walk ability problems in Level 6 and edited the warp out of the letter guy house. I will post a new version with more changes later on. Thanks guys!

Any more problems? Errors, bugs? Anyone that has found everything!? 

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#64 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:19 PM

I think I have everything except for the silver "bolt", even found the large hammer upgrade.

#65 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

I got all the scrolls but neither the spin attack or quake hammer work. Is this a bug or did I not get them in order?

#66 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

I think I have everything except for the silver "bolt", even found the large hammer upgrade.

Ok, number 3 from the left that is right? It's in the same place as the large hammer.

I got all the scrolls but neither the spin attack or quake hammer work. Is this a bug or did I not get them in order?

No I don't think you have to have them in order? I'm not so good at how scrolls work just added them a lot of years to have more things that you could find in the adventure.

However do you have the Charge Ring (s)? They are pendant shaped in the game. They should reduce charge time. Maybe It's infinite charge time as default?

I remember they worked before a few years ago possibly in another build of ZC, but maybe i haven't used them during the last playtest, as i don't like the hammer much. And i have not been fighting so much more testing things and

just running through walls to places to test.

Maybe they have become broken as i have changed something, that happens a lot!

I'll look into this further, thanks for info Spelunker!

• marshom and Epsalon ZX like this

#67 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:37 AM

Hi

I just want to mention really nice good quest ,alot of good ideas in this quest,

Feeling medieval adventure here in this one.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#68 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Hi

I just want to mention really nice good quest ,alot of good ideas in this quest,

Feeling medieval adventure here in this one.

Thanks a lot, that was what i was aiming for! I hope you like it, there is lots of things to find.

• judasrising and Epsalon ZX like this

#69 marshom

marshom

• Members

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

the same opinion as judasrising on this quest, very nice, a lot to look for, i'm not an usual player but nice work dr_henke
I do not know if it's a bug, but I'm stuck at the entrance of level 7, I think I must have the flippers but I saw a comment that makes me doubt the opposite ...

Level 7 is Links palace in South Hyrule. There you shall go back to the triforce room if you don't have the flippers. Added a side warp there when you try to exit the room in version b that brings you to the flippers.

some tips to find the way? thank you :-)

https://imgur.com/a/V1V2nKY

Edited by marshom, 16 January 2019 - 01:07 PM.

• judasrising and Epsalon ZX like this

#70 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

the same opinion as judasrising on this quest, very nice, a lot to look for, i'm not an usual player but nice work dr_henke
I do not know if it's a bug, but I'm stuck at the entrance of level 7, I think I must have the flippers but I saw a comment that makes me doubt the opposite ...

some tips to find the way? thank you :-)

https://imgur.com/a/V1V2nKY

Thank you so much! There should be a lot to find in a good quest. Have anyone been in the game test area yet?

It's not a bug. Someone says "you got to call for the bridge to links palace" or something like that, so just "call" for the bridge. no flippers needed they are in the end of level 7

#71 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Call refers to the Ocarina....It may not be a good enough hint....but think about the fact also you need to hammer the pegs down blocking the entrance....something else is needed obviously. Think about what you already have.

• judasrising likes this

#72 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

Where is level 9?

#73 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Where is level 9?

It is north of the northern large lake. Up in the grey mountains tiles there. you need to use some items so you can take the path. You will see the entrance.

#74 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Well thanks a lot!

It have been a lot of hours, messing around and changing things... But fun and it still is.

Of caurse there is always some things that are broken becaurse you cannot test things in every way and then you get blinded and don't think outside the box. 

But it's kind of annoying that i managed to play through the game before christmas from start to end. But then again I guess I did everything in the "right way".

The last error was something i just managed to do without knowing it later on. Things that happends with diffrent combos that look the same.

So i have uploaded a D version i hope it shows up soon if you would like to play it.  I do hope all major things work now!.  

Anybody that has found some special areas yet? Or the Boots? Or the Cane? Or Black Sword? Don't tell the others where!  :P

Yes i found the boots and looking for Lvl6 ,Where is lvl6 located?

#75 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Yes i found the boots and looking for Lvl6 ,Where is lvl6 located?

Ok well people say the boots are hard to find!
Level 6 is north of level 4 up in the borderland mountains. Where the dwarfs lives. Close to the gate to the northern lands. The one with ganon statues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users