Pizza Toppings

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

Unironically, I love olives and only eat green olive pizza.

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

First of all, no red sauce and no normal cheese. If I have any sauce, it'll be pesto, but often I go without. I'll sometimes do a tiny bit of mozzarella or some other kind of cheese, but not often. For toppings, I like jalapeƱos, or just about any kind of pepper really, olives, mushrooms, onions, garlic... really most veggies will do. Greek Pizza is quite nice too.

I like weird pizza.
  • Joelmacool and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Pepperoni, Mozzarella Cheese, Red Sauce, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, and Sausage.

It's the best, guaranteed to be a fact.

• Jared likes this

#19 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:38 AM

Anything but meat. That's at least what I would like to say, I actually just refrain from eating pig and as the standard here is pig...

I like to put additional tomato paste over it, bury it below veggies (otherwise it gets dry) and put low-fat cheese (it tastes as good and isn't as greasy after you get used to it) on top. Typically just pepper (it isn't called Paprika in english?) and spices. I also love mushrooms, peperoni, jalapeƱos, olives and many other veggies, pineapple not included. It's just that these doesn't come cheap.

Avocado with chilies (once more I am not sure if this means the same in english) and/or sheep's cheese (again...) is also really nice. I actually am not a big fan of garlic and avocado though, it's not like I dislike garlic, I rather tend to use more of it than most others like, but with guacamole you can haunt me.

#20 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

Can't stand mushrooms. I like the sour/salty pizza Napolitana (I forget every thing on it - capers and anchovies feature), but I do have trouble eating too much of that.
An ideal pizza has some meat (although pepperoni is overrater) and a few vegetables. Chillis should also feature. Of course, you don't need the meat if you don't eat meat, and it'll tend to be good anyway.
I also like pizza mozzarella.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#21 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

I've got two go-to pizzas. Barbecue chicken pizza is easily my favorite, but I also enjoy a good cheese with ground hamburger, mushrooms, and peppers.

• Matthew likes this

#22 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

I am far from picky. I'll eat basically any of the standard toppings except the barbecue sauce ones that some places make. My favorites are classics like pepperoni, salami, sausage, green peppers, olives, oniions, etc. Any combination of those is good. I also love putting crushed red pepper on it - not the wimpy stuff pizza places have, but thai red pepper I buy from Asian markets. It's awesome. Vegetarian pizzas are good, with artichoke hearts ... I also love a good deep dish done right with tons of cheese and sauce ... Stuffed pizzas like Papa Murphy's makes are so awesome. Hawaiian's good once in awhile ... So yeah, basically anything. I just love pizza.

Russ's pizza pickiness is the single greatest strain on our relationship.

• Anthus, Adem, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#23 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Mix and match any of the following as applicable. Thin crusts acn be good if they're soft, but I generallty prefer rising crusts. Basically I don't want the crust to be hard, crunchy, or tough, and I don't want it to taste like a saltine cracker (this one brand had that problem).

Toppings I always like:

• Plain cheese (mozarella)
  • 4 Cheeses
  • Pepperoni (sliced and/or diced)
  • Cheese stuffed crust

Toppings I definitely still like, but might not want every time:

• Italian Sausage (possibly multiple varieties hereof, I lack systematic knowledge in this field)
  • Anchovies
  • Spinach
  • Pesto

Toppings I sometimes like, but only want on infrequent occasions:

• Jalapenos
  • Pepperencinis / Banana Peppers
  • Parmesan cheese

Toppings that sound good but I've never tried:

• Salmon
  • Herring

Toppings I'm not sure about:

• Ground beef / hamburger (it's good on it's own and in almost anything else,   but it doesn't suit pizza)
  • Primarily cheddar pizza (it gets too drippy, ESPECIALLY combined with beef, cheeseburger pizza is dumber than it sounds)
  • "Taco" flavorings, like chili powder, which are usually better on devoted mexican food than they are mixed with marinara or garilc or something
  • Weird non marinara sauces (is it really still "pizza" at that point?)
  • Easy Cheese
  • Mustard
  • Ham/canadian bacon (very mildly dislike on pizza)

Toppings I dislike but might be willing to eat:

• Bel peppers (red or green)
  • Olives (black; I've never tried green but probably feel that way about them too)
  • Mushrooms
  • Corn
  • Really watery sauce
  • Weird sweet stuff that got onto the pizza like chocolate syrup or something
  • Hot dogs on the pizza (hot dogs can be good but do not belong on pizza)

Toppings I would absolutely refuse to eat:

• Onions
  • Also onions
  • Onions buried in sauce like disgusting little landmines of awfulness
  • Tomato chunks
  • Cilantro
  • Onions
  • Corn Dogs
  • Corn Dogs with Onions (this will produce an infinite hydro-electric power source via my eternal vomit)
  • Pineapple (but I can respect those who like pineapple on pizza; my husband does)

Best to worst brand experiences:

1. Take-out: Pizza Hut
  2. Frozen: Wal Mart Great Value Brand (this is my current favorite/go-to thing)
  3. Frozen: Digiornio
  4. Take-out: Pizza Time (not sure this chain exists anymore; they were located in Bremerton, WA long ago)
  5. Frozen: Tony's
  6. Frozen: Totinos
  7. Frozen: Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets
  8. Frozen: "Jack's" (sold at at Hyvee grocery stores in the 00s, don't know if it's still a thing)
  9. Take-out: Dominos
  10. Frozen: Price Chopper brand large pizzas (these are really expensive actually)
  11. Frozen: The super generic $1 ones sold at Wal Mart (not great value brand. I wouldn't seek these out but they're okay I guess.)
  12. Frozen: Price Chopper brand mini-pizzas (these things are 80% water,)

Of the above, 11 and up are worth eating, 10 and up are good, 4 and up are fantastic.

I don't get take-out much, it's expensive and not covered by food stamps.

Edited by Mitsukara, 12 November 2017 - 04:38 AM.

• Joelmacool, Matthew and Naru like this

#24 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

All this talk of frozen pizza?  This calls for a family pizza meeting.

• coolgamer012345 and Naru like this

#25 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

When I make pizza I usually use a spicy tomato sauce, hot salami, mushroom, good mozzarella/bocconcini, cracked salt and pepper and a little drizzle of olive oil. Occasionally I'll add a touch of a bitier cheese for impact, some kind of cheddar or parmesan. Mersey Valley is good.

Also, 100% yes to pineapple on pizza.

When I make homemade pizza, I put hamburger, pork sausage, pepperoni, green olives, onion, and green pepper. I need to make some soon! Yum!!

That sounds amazing.

All this talk of frozen pizza? This calls for a family pizza meeting.

I'm so glad that wasn't the video I thought it might've been... with the Ninja Turtles... I won't post it here so as not to turn people off their pizza. :lol:

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

Short answer: Anything.

Slightly less short answer: Pretty much everything.

Toppings I like (but not necessarily together): Tomato sauce, Italian dressing, Buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing (sometimes, not as much anymore) Mozzarella, Parmesan, Gouda, Blue Cheese (and Dressing), Cheddar, Provolone, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Spinach, Peppers (in general, green, red, hot, whatever), Olives (either, but I prefer green on pizza), onions, banana peppers, pineapples, anchovies.

Stuff I like, but not usually on pizza, but will tolerate: Sausage (of any type, and let's also say ground beef), Ham, Chicken, and any sauce that isn't tomato, or mentioned above.

Not on my pizza: Bananas. Just regular bananas. And bacon. Seriously, it's always chewy as hell, and even if it isn't it's a texture thing-- I love bacon as much as the next person, but not on my pizza. Also, hair, or any of its carotene based derivatives are not welcome.

#27 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Stuff I like, but not usually on pizza, but will tolerate: Bacon

Not on my pizza: Bacon.

14om9zO.png

• Anthus likes this

#28 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:43 AM

I have done some insightful revisions to my toppings of choice since the last episode.

Joel has also not told us what he likes on pizza, which proves that there is no pizza in the UK. Troll thread detected.

• The Satellite, Eddy, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#29 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:05 AM

-'m a simple man: I typically only order cheese, sprinkled with hot peppers.

When I order anything else, it consists of some combination of olives, peppers, onions, and (rarely) mushrooms.

I do love spicy sauce.

#30 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

Joel has also not told us what he likes on pizza, which proves that there is no pizza in the UK. Troll thread detected.

kvBtgZ22R9qpm0WMyeUcXw.png

• Anthus, Eddy and Cukeman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users