Mike's Fun House

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

I saw your video on youtube where you got stuck. After getting the key from the 3rd Dungeon Phase, go back to the spike room. There is a hidden passage on the left wall. You will have to damage boost from your candle to make it, or just use your boots if you have magic. You will then proceed to the final phase of the Mike fight. Congratulations!

Thanks for The Info :D

#17 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

I've made it to Mike's Garden and feel safe to say that this quest is indeed unlike any other I have played before.

Though no push over, when it comes to bosses and combat, I wouldn't call this a challenge quest. The puzzles and navigation are pretty easy, so I wouldn't call it a puzzle quest. While there are tons of instant-death traps and the quest consistently trolls the player, there are also very clear and consistent rules to avoid most of these unfair elements.

If anything, I guess this is an unusual Metroidvania with some decent story-driven execution. I've wanted to rage-quit several time already, especially while trying to get through the raft screens prior to the second checkpoint (getting the timing down to steer around the instant-death tiles was a real bitch); but yet I feel compelled to keep coming back to play.

Edited by Marv Albert, 13 August 2019 - 01:08 PM.

• SofaKing likes this

#18 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

The quest starts off very easy and there's a difficulty spike before you get the blue ring.  Its not that big and once you get the blue ring, things get really easy once again.  Ease back for a few levels and then the difficulty comes back again and this time its for real.  Just wait until you reach level 7+ and then you will see how hard things get.  The rafting thing is a small prelude to it.

#19 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

That is my plan, but I won't be able start until later next month.

Okay so is this still a plan.

#20 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Now I challenge to beat Lv8 dungeon. I think the battles and actions are exquisite though I was killed a lot of times by instant death traps, and some of them are even like joke or funny thing. Honestly, the puzzles and navigation are very difficult after Lv3 dungeon, so if weren't not for any help, I probably stuck sometimes.

I already gave this quest 5 stars, if I beat or completely stuck, I write comment on database.  

Edited by Stray Sheep, 18 August 2019 - 06:18 PM.

• Yloh likes this

#21 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:11 AM

Sup guys! After noticing an update to the Newbie Boss script, a part of me just wanted to toy around with it. Not only does it add some new exciting attacks, but it fixes some of the one of the major problems of the script. Enemies now do a much better job at telegraphing their attacks. While not every enemy that uses Newbie Boss has been changed in my quest, quite a few of them have. There is a new update to my quest that features: Newbie Boss enemies that do a better job at telegraphing their attacks, some Newbie Boss enemies had their attacks changed to better suit the character, a bunch of typos fixed, and some minor bugs fixed.

Okay so is this still a plan.

Yes it is, but it is going to be delayed. People have pointed out some minor bugs and typos that were missed and they have been fixed. I did say my playthough would start later in the month of August, but there is a part of me that wants to wait a little but longer until this project gets started. It will happen, and my playthough will be posted on this thread when the first video is up. In the mean time Lordkronos did an entire playthough of my quest on YouTube. Lordkronos' videos does have my game running at half speed, but you can at least see the whole game with his playthough.

https://www.youtube....6_wbrwGkDp7svC2

#22 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:33 AM

Now I'm in Lv9 dungeon, got the flipper and hover boots, 12 small keys and the big key. But I need to lie down from fatigue, though I want to battle against Mike soon.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 21 August 2019 - 09:52 AM.

• Yloh and Deedee like this

#23 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

Sup guys! After noticing an update to the Newbie Boss script, a part of me just wanted to toy around with it. Not only does it add some new exciting attacks, but it fixes some of the one of the major problems of the script. Enemies now do a much better job at telegraphing their attacks. While not every enemy that uses Newbie Boss has been changed in my quest, quite a few of them have. There is a new update to my quest that features: Newbie Boss enemies that do a better job at telegraphing their attacks, some Newbie Boss enemies had their attacks changed to better suit the character, a bunch of typos fixed, and some minor bugs fixed.

Yes it is, but it is going to be delayed. People have pointed out some minor bugs and typos that were missed and they have been fixed. I did say my playthough would start later in the month of August, but there is a part of me that wants to wait a little but longer until this project gets started. It will happen, and my playthough will be posted on this thread when the first video is up. In the mean time Lordkronos did an entire playthough of my quest on YouTube. Lordkronos' videos does have my game running at half speed, but you can at least see the whole game with his playthough.

https://www.youtube....6_wbrwGkDp7svC2

Oh don't worry I'll wait for your version. I hope you do developer commentary whether that is through closed captions commentary track or talking.

#24 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:42 AM

I reached the ending in MFH. I will give a review quickly on database as possible. 

My Mike's Fun House playlist

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 17 August 2021 - 09:37 PM.

• Yloh likes this

#25 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:23 PM

Anybody know how to get the Heart Piece in the area before World 2? The area where you surf in the lava?

#26 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:30 PM

There's a room with 4 grey blocks. Walk up from there.

• Demonlink likes this

#27 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

Then go left through a hidden passage. 

• Demonlink likes this

#28 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

Thanks Yloh and Dimentio! :D Been a while since I've played ZC, but it's certainly an interesting quest so far. I currently am in World 6 with about 260 deaths total.

#29 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:26 PM

I think the shifting dungeon (L4?) is where I'm throwing in the towel.  I've been stuck for days and just can't crack it.  I'm using the map, I get the gimmick, but there's one room in both A and B I can't access, a key I can't get, can't get the glove, and I'm simply out of ideas at this point.  Congrats.  I love trying to crack a tricky level but this one has beaten me.  Maybe I'll come back to it someday.  

#30 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

I think the shifting dungeon (L4?) is where I'm throwing in the towel.  I've been stuck for days and just can't crack it.  I'm using the map, I get the gimmick, but there's one room in both A and B I can't access, a key I can't get, can't get the glove, and I'm simply out of ideas at this point.  Congrats.  I love trying to crack a tricky level but this one has beaten me.  Maybe I'll come back to it someday.  

That level is a giant mess. The rest of the game is much better and nobody has gotten lost from level 5 and onward like they did in level 4. If you would like, I can give you step by step instructions on how to get every key, find every switch, and get the power glove. The video posted below is someone who played through the whole dungeon from start to finish in an hour. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=fQO6wmKB5_g

Thanks for playing and hoped you enjoyed yourself up to that point. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users