Photo

DarkMatt's "Fun in the Sun" 8-bit Extraordinaire!

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#31 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Darkmatt @ Jun 16 2010, 07:40 PM) View Post

Just to let you know, I've updated the post with a pretty important update. You should probably go get it RIGHT NOW.

Don't worry about your save files. They'll be fine. (Why'd you think this update would break them?)

Hmm, there's no guard in level 9, possible to sneak in without the triforce, but I only got eaten in there, need a better sword icon_neutral.gif

I also noticed there's a strange side-warp from the screen with level 6. icon_wink.gif

#32 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 16 2010, 12:07 PM) View Post

Hmm, there's no guard in level 9, possible to sneak in without the triforce, but I only got eaten in there, need a better sword icon_neutral.gif

I also noticed there's a strange side-warp from the screen with level 6. icon_wink.gif

What do you mean there's no guard?
Spoiler
I have no idea how this could be wrong. Especially since it looks like it's set properly.

#33 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

Spoiler

icon_unsettled.gif

#34 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Spoiler

#35 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

I went back to level 4 after downloading the update, but can´t still find the map. What´s in the most east room ?- A key door with an aquamentus and some sword shooting statues, but nothing to find there. This is my progress in level 4, can´t find anymore.
IPB Image

#36 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 16 2010, 10:31 PM) View Post

I went back to level 4 after downloading the update, but can´t still find the map.

I will return there also, nothing better to do. Have now 14 HP and mirror shield but still need the magic sword. icon_neutral.gif

I think there's a bug here, can't go through this door.

IPB Image

I don't think the bug is fatal, I found a way around it. Anyway, one clue said "Where's the red ring, not in level 9 blah blah..." I think the red ring indeed was in level 9, maybe I got it wrong. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 16 June 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#37 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hi! do I need a bomb bag and a quiver for my arrows ?
I grab them but can't keep on my inventory / thought was a bug with this 1256 build!
this quest was updated recently ??
thanks

#38 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Jun 17 2010, 02:40 AM) View Post

Hi!

Hiyaa!

You need those newer items, the bomb bag needs to be found, don't buy the small shield, there's a magic shield shop avaiable near the start as soon as you have some bombs.

I'll stop here for today, need to find that key to reach the silver arrow, and I found one unused key in level 7 also icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 16 June 2010 - 07:46 PM.

#39 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Thanks cosmos, I made a little progress already
weird.. I was fighting at that room and felt some where to get the wand -- no way to get back in there, can't find it! icon_eek.gif
another room after killing every body the book came down to one corner ..mmm
even found level 5 and 6 .. where is level -4??
Lukaz where you at ?? icon_blink.gif

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 16 2010, 07:45 PM) View Post

Hiyaa!

You need those newer items, the bomb bag needs to be found, don't buy the small shield, there's a magic shield shop avaiable near the start as soon as you have some bombs.

I'll stop here for today, need to find that key to reach the silver arrow, and I found one unused key in level 7 also icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by vravelo, 16 June 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#40 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 16 2010, 01:31 PM) View Post

I went back to level 4 after downloading the update, but can´t still find the map. What´s in the most east room ?- A key door with an aquamentus and some sword shooting statues, but nothing to find there. This is my progress in level 4, can´t find anymore.
IPB Image

Oh no I returned there and the map definitely showed up. You sure you updated the quest?

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 16 2010, 01:41 PM) View Post

I think there's a bug here, can't go through this door.

...What? I've had to deal with a bunch of dumb bugs but this takes the cake.

I literally have no idea how to fix it, either. Aside from mess around with it and pray it fixes itself.

Good news is, you can find a way around it.

#41 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

Cosmofield, the red ring IS in level 9, I already got it ( look at my pic on post # 35 ). But my question is still the same. What should be found in the east most room in level 4 ? ( the one with aquamentus and shooting statues ) icon_unsettled.gif

If the updated file is " MagicTart1[1].0a.zip ", it was the one I downloaded icon_confused.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 17 June 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#42 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

Probably save issues then. ...Or not. Whatever.

#43 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(Darkmatt @ Jun 17 2010, 07:49 AM) View Post

...What? I've had to deal with a bunch of dumb bugs but this takes the cake.

Try to activate "freeform dungeons" in the rules-settings icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 17 2010, 08:00 AM) View Post

If the updated file is " MagicTart1[1].0a.zip ", it was the one I downloaded icon_confused.gif

I may be wrong, but if you kill all non-returning enemies in one room and nothing are designed to appear. Later if the author changes the room and giving the map there, the map may not show up even if you playing the updated version? No big issue. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 17 June 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#44 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 17 2010, 05:56 AM) View Post

That carries the side-effect of breaking the edges of the room. That would involve changing several combos to Overhead instead of No Flying Enemies.

...It works though. ...But I swear somewhere along the line you could enter the doors just fine. (You can still do so from the other room, even.)

Builds work in mysterious ways.

Hey, I guess I'll ask here. Has somebody figured out how to allow the use of lower-level items? As in, choosing Magical Boomerang over Fire Boomerang and whatnot.

Edited by Darkmatt, 17 June 2010 - 10:17 AM.

#45 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 17 2010, 06:56 AM) View Post

I may be wrong, but if you kill all non-returning enemies in one room and nothing are designed to appear. Later if the author changes the room and giving the map there, the map may not show up even if you playing the updated version? No big issue. icon_unsettled.gif

Hi cosmo, Vravelo, auhtor, any. Have beaten level 6, from now the magic sword is a must. Tips ?? icon_unsettled.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users