Photo

Screenshot of the Week 74

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite Screenshot. (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite Screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:25 PM

Lonemind
user posted image

masterlink3000
user posted image

Reflectionist
user posted image

Radien
user posted image
Sheesh, you'd think Link would bother to hire a gardener while he's away...

Shoelace
user posted image
It is a miracle that the Step Ladder doesn't burn!

Sorry that I was a bit late. This will run until Sunday morning. And after words on that Sunday morning, SotW 75 will start.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#2 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:47 PM

Hm, another nice selection of shots this week. icon_smile.gif
  • Lonemind: I love those tiles, really, they remind me of Final Fantasy III (the US version). icon_smile.gif
  • masterlink3000: Nice layout, though, the tiles are a big bright. Still good. icon_smile.gif
  • Reflectionist: Mmm... borders.
  • Radien: Wow ... just ... wow, it reminds me of Kokiri Forest from OoT, just ... amazing. icon_omg.gif icon_drool.gif
  • Shoelace: mmm... lava.
Well, that's it from me. icon_biggrin.gif

#3 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:48 PM

Uhh, now that's a shot Lonemind! icon_thumbsup.gif Wow! It looks excellent. A well constructed and pretty looking screenie. But those tiles are from a game... SD3?

And let's not forget the other shots. They're all great. This is a fine week. And Shoelace, your "lava shot" looks much better than the one at ZCU. icon_wink.gif

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:52 PM

Nice slew of screenshots this week, all of which I find eye-pleasing, for once. Yay! icon_smile.gif

I think my vote will go to Radien. It has some very nice graphics, and I like the way Kokiri Forest is rendered in ZC. Very nice. icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

I voted for Radien. his shot looks the most impressive, and he used some of my ST tiles in it

#6 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

Null voted.

I don't know, i don't like the SD3 tiles that much.... icon_frown.gif I don't know why, they just don't look very... Useable to me, but, other people seem to like them.

There is a bunch of variety to the next shot.

Mine is from Majora's Mask, even though I will probably wait until the next beta of ZC to come out to continue actual work on it. I'll just plan.

Radien: seen the shot tons of times. If it didn't look like I was stalking you enough as it is, I would've voted for this. lol

shoelace, Nice pic, I agree with Petoe on the comments there

#7 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

Well this week looks pretty good. All nice screens. None are really really eye catching. Lonemind: Your shot looks pretty well designed, but the colors are pretty weird to me. Masterlink: Your screen is well built, but the screen is too bright. Reflectionist: Looks pretty spiffy. Looks pretty good. This one is almost perfect, except the color grey looks weird, with the green forest type deal you got going on.. Radien: Looks really nice, but there looks like there are empty green spots everywhere. It looks kinda blank. But you did use alot of flowers and things. Shoelace: Nice lava screen here. Looks like you spent some time on it. I like the fog type deal you got going on there. The screen has a bit of action. Pretty nice Shoelace. I liked all the screens, but unfortunantly, I have to choose one. *Drum roll* Radien gets the vote.

#8 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:49 PM

Lonemind: This is really good. icon_thumbsup.gif However, I don't know if it's the tileset or how you used it... but some of the tiles look... out of place.

masterlink3000: Nice setup of the screen. But, a varation in the trees and a bit more variety in the grass would be a great plus. icon_thumbsup.gif

Reflectionist: I don't know if it's the layers, changing to GIF, or uploading to PZC's server... but there is no variety in the grass... and that is killing the shot.

Radien: You easily win again. icon_biggrin.gif The only major problem I see with this, is that while the bottom and main part looks extremely well made. The grass is random, it's got random stuff here and there. But the top, err more, the higher up areas have very little detail, and really doesn't fit in. Despite that, however, you still win this one for me.

Shoelace: Very nice! The only thing that needs to be fixed are the cloud tiles that you are using. Normally, these would look fine, but the gray at the bottom of the clouds are making the lava look purple and bad due to translucency.

#9 Clarity

Clarity

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:05 PM

Lonemind : Best looking screenshot of them all, that final fantasy environment is amazing. I hope you win icon_biggrin.gif

Masterlink3000 : Your screenshot is pretty bright & glaring on the eyes.

Reflectionist : Pretty good work so far on the evening environment.

Radien : Nothin special & possibly overrated by everyone. Only that house looks nice.

Shoelace : Nice lava volcanic environment.

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:48 PM

Some good shots today, even if SOTW was posted a couple days late, it's still cool.

Lonemind- Nice shot. Nothing really amazing is going on, but it is very eye appealing. Good work.

masterlink3000- Good looking screen masterlink. I like the variety of tiles that you used. Very good setup of the screen. Great job.

Reflectionist- Cool screen. I love rain. It looks good, but the format conversion must have done something goofy to the colors. Not much going on in this screen. You should add some flowers, or leaves to the ground to make it more alive.

Radien- Super screen Radien. Love the work that has gone into this screen. There really isn't much I can say, besides wonderful work.

Shoelace- Cool screen Shoelace. I love the setup, and I am a stickler for lava areas. One thing though, you should name your areas, so the map doesn't looks so bland. Good work. *votes*

That is it for this time. Super work guys, and if I actually return to ZQ this week, I will make a shot for next week.

#11 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Woo hoo! My first screenshot!

masterlink3000 - Nice design. The colors are really quite bright. Love those mountain tiles. Did they come from FF1?

Reflectionist - Also a nice design. Really gives the feeling of the deep woods. It's hard to see though. In the game I'm sure it's just extra feeling. As a screenshot I just can't see enough.

Radien - Simply lovely. It does pull off the Kokiri Forest feel. Think you could add some floating faeries? I agree with codelinker, though. It does look a bit empty.

Shoelace - Loved your shot. It's a great theme. I've always liked the lava / skulls / burnt earth idea. Might want to add some rising steam though.

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? I didn't just in case. icon_razz.gif

My tiles are nearly all from SD3, my favorite game. I ripped a few from other games and then drew a small amount myself, like the map and equipment borders. I honestly haven't ripped anything from C-Dawg or zoraman... yet. Heh heh heh.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:37 AM

I'm glad many of you liked the shot. The reason the upper level seems a bit bare is because I only have one row of tiles in which to fit all those trees and plants. Perhaps I will try to push some objects downward and fit some brush up there. The lower greenery may seem a bit random, but hey... it's a forest. Kokiri don't do landscaping. icon_razz.gif

Tip o' the hat to Lonemind. Some may say that SD3 is not suited to ZC, but if there's anyone capable of making it work, I'm sure it's you.

I like ML3K's shot, but overall it is a bit cluttered. This screen has at least three distinct elements -- foresty, sandy, and cliffs -- which could easily take up one whole screen apiece. I like the rock against the tall grass.

Reflectionist, great job with the terrain layout. The problem is that SOTW voters are typically inundated with green shots. Even if it's just some enemies, you need something else in this shot. Dark shots also tend to get less attention. Oh, and add some groundstuffs. And try to get something that saves in GIF format.

Shoelace:
I'm a bit biased against excessive overworld lava and anything resembling the LTTP Dark World... Trees and lava just don't mix. icon_neutral.gif

....Oh, by the way. For those of you wondering where the little fairy wisps are in Kokiri Forest, look a little more closely at the shot. Those little floating sparkles are highly animated when seen in real time.

#13 ChaoticGood1

ChaoticGood1

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:54 AM

Lonemind - The pic looks very impressive, and in game im sure your graphics kick some major ass. However as a screen shot it looks empty. It's got everything right about it but wastland shots tend to be hard to vote for as they are empty and drab looking, though that is what makes a wasteland a wasteland. :\ also the cave exit looks alittle strange, something about a rock columning stright up doesnt look natural. Otherwise sweet screen.

Masterlink3000 - I love the colors you got, they are so bright, makes me feel like the game is in pastel. However the screen is very empty of misc. stuff. Its got some grass, but thats it. Trees, mountains and ground tiles arnt enought to make a map look good, those are needed anyways to creat boundaries, its the doo-dads that make the maps outstanding to look at.

Reflectionist - Awsome shot, the mountains, hedge and log all look amazing. However outside your boundries your map suffers from little to no decoration. Trees and grass (used as a set of ground) dont come off looking special. Screen looks awsome though, its lack of specialization is why it doesnt get the vote

Radien - I gotta vote for your screen. Its specialized, full, and has those awsome fireflies. Only qualm, (I've said it before and ill say it again =P) The tree house looks strange, its this grand looking platform for this tiny stub of a house. Otherwise excellent job.

Shoelace - Nice shot, however the lava borders don't look right, someone really should try and re-edit those BS borders for the lava, they just look cookie cut and dont have enough curves to look natural. Streams (lava or water) dont cut at right angles. Cool steam effects, but the map is to sparse and lacks from having purpose. otherwise effort.

Edited by ChaoticGood1, 29 December 2004 - 05:56 AM.

#14 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:53 AM

I was gonna vote for lonemind...nice use of the SD3 tiles...I could never work with that tileset...

But then Radien's shot loaded...I love it...it's very original looking...even though it's taken from OoT (I presume) it still has an original lookfor ZC.

#15 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:53 AM

I have a small gripe with every screenshot so I'm going to null vote. icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users