Photo

Screenshot of the Week 751

Joelmacool Demonlink Hergiswi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 751 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 March 2021 - 12:15 PM

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

Ye old desert shot... 

Hergiswi

Hergiswi.png

pepto bismol dog

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

spooky tomb with acid

• Rastael, Hari, Matthew and 1 other like this

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:42 PM

Demonlink - ?
Hergiswi - !
Joelmacool - ::

Punctuation has its merits, but Joel does so with the most style.

• Rastael, Joelmacool, Evan20000 and 2 others like this

#3 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:48 PM

I so wanted to vote for Hergiswi, but Joelmacool pipped him in my eyes, I'm afraid.

• Joelmacool likes this

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 14 March 2021 - 05:18 PM

Demonlink
This place feels really remote. It's one of the most detailed desert shots I've ever seen. (Even more detailed than this one.) Good use of ground transitions and dead trees also.

Hergiswi
Does the dog need Pepto-Bismol, does Link turn the dog into Pepto-Bismol, or are both of them trapped in Upset Stomach Land? I must know more!

Joelmacool
Definitely dark and dingy! The bones and lighting are nice details. While the scene is competently designed and playable, nothing really stands out to me.

I would have voted for Hergiswi had Demonlink's and Joelmacool's shots not been better. :troll: For real, my vote goes to Demonlink. :)
  • Jared, Demonlink and Matthew like this

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 March 2021 - 03:31 AM

I feel like Hergiswi really is bringing out that dog sprite. It's a good boy!

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 15 March 2021 - 04:16 AM

As a frequent sufferer of heartburn, I really wanted to eat that dog.  D:

Demonlink's screenshot is very well organized and entirely pleasing to the eye.  Major kudos to it!

Hergiswi's screenshot reminds me of the time I went to the store and saw my grandmother.  She was stuck in the ice cream freezer again, holding a bottle of pepto in one hand and a bottle of soda in the other.  We said hello to each other and I went on with my day.  It was a great birthday.  Hers, not mine.

Joel's screenshot reminds me of the kind of dungeon I want to explore if I were in a Zelda game.  It looks welcoming and dangerous at the same time, like showing up at a client's house who has one too many fishtanks.  You know the kind.  I voted here.  Well done.

• Joelmacool likes this

#7 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:05 AM

Hergiswi's definitely had some, eh, comedic value.

I kinda liked Demonlink's. I've been sorta crushing on GB tiles lately.

But Joel's...

STANDING HERE                                                                                                                                           
I REALIZE
YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

BUT WHO’S TO JUDGE
THE RIGHT FROM WRONG
WHEN OUR GUARD IS DOWN
I THINK WE’LL BOTH AGREE

THAT VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE
BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY

Yeah my vote went to Joel..

• ShadowTiger, nicklegends, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#8 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:37 PM

Demonlink
This place feels really remote. It's one of the most detailed desert shots I've ever seen. (Even more detailed than this one.) Good use of ground transitions and dead trees also.

Hergiswi
Does the dog need Pepto-Bismol, does Link turn the dog into Pepto-Bismol, or are both of them trapped in Upset Stomach Land? I must know more!

Joelmacool
Definitely dark and dingy! The bones and lighting are nice details. While the scene is competently designed and playable, nothing really stands out to me.

I would have voted for Hergiswi had Demonlink's and Joelmacool's shots not been better. :troll: For real, my vote goes to Demonlink. :)

Preposterous! No desert screen can compared to the one you shared in terms of detail.

So, I voted for Joel. Lights and bones make look nice.

DemonLink had a good desert shot.

And Hergiswi had the single greatest shot in the history of this site. Just love the attention to detail. Cannot vote here because I don't want any landslide victories at the end of the year.

• nicklegends and Joelmacool like this

#9 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:56 PM

Demonlink and Joelmacool's screens were both really strong.  I ended up voting for Demonlink, but it was a real toss-up.

Hergiswi, this screen is lazy.  You obviously just used the default EZGB transparent color, slapped Link and a dog on it, and called it a day.  Back in my day, you had to at least rip in a JPEG of John Wilkes Booth for a joke shot.  Do better next time.

• Evan20000, Demonlink and Matthew like this

#10 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:36 PM

Demonlink and Joelmacool's screens were both really strong.  I ended up voting for Demonlink, but it was a real toss-up.

Hergiswi, this screen is lazy.  You obviously just used the default EZGB transparent color, slapped Link and a dog on it, and called it a day.  Back in my day, you had to at least rip in a JPEG of John Wilkes Booth for a joke shot.  Do better next time.

i think we need to have a debate over whether or not joke shots should be allowed in screenshot of the week

just kidding.  that debate should never, ever happen again ever

• Evan20000 likes this

#11 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:16 PM

With 53.06% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 751 is Joelmacool!

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

spooky tomb with acid

Congrats!

Voting totals:
- Demonlink - 16 votes [32.65%]
- Hergiswi - 7 votes [14.29%]
- Joelmacool - 26 votes [46.51%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool, Demonlink, Hergiswi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users