textbox for the cset editor & 0-255 value instead of 0-63

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 steventylerseanherr

steventylerseanherr

• Members

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:47 PM

in the cset editor
could it be changed to have a textbox so you could just put numbers in instead of fumbling with the hotkeys? 

maybe it could be done with html hex colors like [#RRGGBB]
also maybe an option for none hex values [#RRRGGGBBB]

• Lüt likes this

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

in the cset editor
could it be changed to have a textbox so you could just put numbers in instead of fumbling with the hotkeys? 

maybe it could be done with html hex colors like [#RRGGBB]
also maybe an option for none hex values [#RRRGGGBBB]

0-255 instead of 0-63 is not possible. We are restricted by what Allegro allows. So, unless you'd like to rewrite ZC without allegro (i.e. basically from scratch) it isn't happening any time soon.

Being able to enter as text has already been requested, and I agree.

Hex codes are not a good idea, considering the restriction of 0-63, which as I just mentioned, is not something we can change.

• steventylerseanherr likes this

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:53 AM

0-255 instead of 0-63 is not possible. We are restricted by what Allegro allows. So, unless you'd like to rewrite ZC without allegro (i.e. basically from scratch) it isn't happening any time soon.

I think what he means is add an x4 multiplier to the text display, so that instead of going 0, 1, 2, 3, [...] 63 it would go 0, 4, 8, 12, [...] 252.

Which, I would absolutely love, since I could finally put away the calculator once and for all when putting spot colors from an image into ZC.

Alternatively, hex codes would likely need a snap-to-nearest-color system, so I understand those being low/no priority.
  • steventylerseanherr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users