Good News From The Cset 6 Department!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:09 PM

Hey, good news! (Though it's not quite NEWS, .. merely a confirmation.) Take a look at this screenshot!
(Image Has Been Deleted. Just know that it works. icon_razz.gif

Notice how the main character (Near the cave.) is in Black and White? .. Well.. She's normally in full color. icon_wink.gif I managed to use Color Cycling pointed at Cset 6 to change her colors. (As well as Cset 7 and 8.) It's really very simple. Same way you do any other Cset Color Cycling. Just place the Cset you want to be different in those spare Cset areas in the Level Colors area, and when designating the Color Cycling information, you put in Cset 6 / 7 / 8 / # / # / etc as the Cset, Where you "normally" would have put 2 / 3 / 4 / 9 in there.

Go try it out. icon_smile.gif My next project, is to poison the player by turning his/her heart indicators green. icon_wink.gif icon_biggrin.gif Boy, that'd be fun. icon_rolleyes.gif I also have a secret Link / Kafei type quest I would love to try in Wish. Oh, boy, it's quite possible now. ;-D

EDIT: NOTE: This does NOT WORK with CSet 8! .. You can thank NoeL for that bit of info..

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:39 PM

Whoah.... do you mean palette cycling?.... icon_eek.gif God, Josh... and we all thought it couldn't be done!! It is now YOUR turn to be told "you rule." icon_biggrin.gif

I will definitely make use of this, if it works the way I think it does. If I am right, this means that you can make Link's colors dark in darker areas, right? Now if I darken CSet 9, that means that the only creatures onscreen that don't conform to the palette will be enemies that don't use CSet 9...

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:43 PM

I don't quite understand how this works. I know how do to it well enough, but does it make the player flash, or it is a permanent palette?

#4 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

Palette cycling can easily be manipulated in order to make a level-specific CSet out of what would otherwise be global. Just have your cycling colors be exactly the same as eachother and there you go. Remember you can have up to four cycling palettes at a time per Level Color set!

As far as I know it will work for any CSet from 0 to 9.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

I don't have much time, (My sister is about to take the PC.) So I'll just post the image, and you can figure it out from there. Remind me to edit this for when I get back. Thanks..

user posted image

EDIT: (Turned off Sig) Yes, those Palletes were 100% Custom built. Now please excuse me..

EDIT: I have verified the bug that Cset 8 does NOT work with this. You can thank NoeL for that bit of info..

#6 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 2 2004, 06:39 PM)
Whoah.... do you mean palette cycling?.... icon_eek.gif  God, Josh... and we all thought it couldn't be done!! It is now YOUR turn to be told "you rule." icon_biggrin.gif

Derrr... I must have posted this at least twice already at these boards.

Oh well. It's a very handy trick though. icon_biggrin.gif

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Happyman @ Dec 2 2004, 07:35 PM)
Derrr... I must have posted this at least twice already at these boards.

Oh well. It's a very handy trick though. icon_biggrin.gif

And when? icon_razz.gif

I still haven't been here very long, you know.

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:26 PM

I had an idea with this awhile back, but it wouldn't work right and I couldn't have as something odd would happen when I do it...

Good find, BH4. icon_thumbsup.gif I'll attempt to find a good way to use this.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:00 PM

Thanks. icon_smile.gif Yeah, but give Happyman Credit, obviously. Oh, and NoeL, for the Cset 8 bug. (I reported it to AGN, and hopefully, I give him credit.. not that they know who he is. icon_sweat.gif )

Perhaps you can make Samus's suit glow in a certain are. .. Hm.. But you couldn't change the colors around... Maybe you could make your Metroids glow all bluish. That would rock.

.. Oh! .. OMFG!! I just realized you can make enemies (Though, NOT Cset 8 enemies, unfortunately.) change colors. You could Color Cycle the Cset 7 enemies to look like the Cset 8 enemies. You could make red darknuts twice as strong, for example, or have both red and blue(Red.2) darknuts in the same room! It's like.. why do these red darknuts move twice as fast and hit twice as hard here, where the ones in that.. other.. room... didn't? icon_blink.gif .. Oh.. man.. the fun you could have. icon_drool.gif

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Dec 2 2004, 09:00 PM)
.. Oh!  .. OMFG!!  I just realized you can make enemies (Though, NOT Cset 8 enemies, unfortunately.)  change colors.  You could Color Cycle the Cset 7 enemies to look like the Cset 8 enemies.  You could make red darknuts twice as strong, for example, or have both red and blue(Red.2) darknuts in the same room!  It's like.. why do these red darknuts move twice as fast and hit twice as hard here, where the ones in that.. other.. room... didn't? icon_blink.gif  .. Oh.. man.. the fun you could have. icon_drool.gif

WAAAIIIIIIT AAAAAAA MIIIIIIIN-UUUUUTE..... icon_eek.gif

Josh!! I think you have finally FOUND the solution to my blue Moblin palette woes in New BS!!! W0000000T!!! icon_bounce.gif

*bounces off immediately to try this special fix*

EDIT:

I was wrong. icon_frown.gif Since Moblins share a CSet with the enemies I'm having trouble with, they come as a package deal.

However, I've now got an idea for red/blue tunic visuals! icon_smile.gif The only problem I have is that it'll override the blue/red/gold ring colors.

Edited by Radien, 03 December 2004 - 04:12 AM.

#11 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:18 AM

Is there a way to cycle say CSet 6 and Cset 7 as different colors? Say all of Cset 6 are shades of green and all of Cset 7 are shades of purple. Can I make 6 red while at the same time in the same room make 7 blue?

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Lonemind @ Dec 23 2004, 12:18 AM)
Is there a way to cycle say CSet 6 and Cset 7 as different colors? Say all of Cset 6 are shades of green and all of Cset 7 are shades of purple. Can I make 6 red while at the same time in the same room make 7 blue?

Unfortunately, I don't think this works. You can apply the same CSet (or even different parts of the same CSet) to multiple destination CSets, but you can only have one source, because it always looks first at the first CSet in the cycle.

#13 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Darn. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users