Heavy Rock Music

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

Titles pretty self-explanitory. I think it would be awsome if someone went into the orignal Zelda game, and put in medi is from downloaded music from NiRvAnA or Korn. I think that would be cool

#2 InuYasha

InuYasha

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:04 PM

I've never tried it, But I bet in some cases, it would be a good idea.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 10:47 PM

Doesn't fit Zelda, usually, but I would if did a Megaman quest.

I might try something resembling that in my quest, though, depending on what I find. We'll see.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:34 AM

Heavy rock in classic Zelda? icon_blink.gif Umm, just no.

As Radien said, maybe in a MegaMan quest or something like that...

But I will use something like Heavy Rock music in my next big quest project.

#5 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:22 AM

Nirvana, maybe, but I've never heard of NiRvAnA. I hate Korn. No, it wouldn't fit in a Zelda quest, maybe something else.

#6 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:50 AM

This all really depends on the questmaker/user's tastes. Because if you just love Heavy Metal, and the player's into N*Sync or Alicia Keys or some other pop music, then they're not gonna want to play your quest (or at least not with the music on).
The opposite would be true too, I suppose.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:03 PM

It'll be present in the later areas, when Link is all super-powered up. It'll be worth nothing in the Classic 1st.qst or something like that, unless you planned to put it only in L9, or Ganon's theme. It can be a real mood alteration entity.

#8 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:25 PM

I would put heavy music in areas where heavy action is taking place, such as a cutscene in which something big's happeneing, a later level, or a boss battle.

Maybe softer instrumental music for something else, such as in my quest. Every song in the one I'm working on except for two are actual songs.

#9 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:15 PM

BH4, that would be awsome music for the final stage of a custom boss, or the enitre last level. Nice music, very gamishy, sounds like somehting from megaman, icon_biggrin.gif
For everyone else that dosent say they mix: Its finding the song that matches, if you can do that, then it will proboly work. I thought it would be cool to have music like that because its very good motivating music. Such as in Warcraft III Frozen Throne they got the cheat TENTHLEVELTAURENCHIEFTAIN that plays some cool rock music that always makes me feel a little bit engergized.

icon_slycool.gif < oh yeah, im cool

#10 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:28 PM

HOLY COW!!! I LOVE THIS MIDI!!!! Definately for a final boss, but it'd be a good idea to make it a long fight. THIS SONG FRIGGIN' ROCKS!!!

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:54 AM

Yeah. You're telling me. icon_naughty.gif I've got the midi, the tiles, the lightning effects, the screen effects, the battle all planned out, ... everything except the time with which to do it in. icon_sweat.gif (BTW, the song was found in Jumper 2, as its final boss music.)

.. And I never knew about that WCIII cheat. I should try to find it somewhere. Thanks...

#12 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Nov 11 2004, 08:54 AM)
(BTW, the song was found in Jumper 2, as its final boss music.)

That song was composed specifically for Jumper 2 by a friend of the maker of the game. I think it would be better if no one used it for their own quest without permission fom the author of the track (tdgc at the GM forums). I agree that it's awesome though.

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:29 PM

... Holy Shizzle. O_O .. Where can I contact him? It would be so cool to have that midi available to the public..

#14 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:40 PM

I would use something like that in a cutscene. Or like BH4 said, maybe at the end of a game, in a battle or something..

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:50 AM

There is a quest that does have regular music, made into midis. It included, a song by Eiffel65, and some others. But, rock music would be quite interesting. It would add to the hurry, save (whoever) thing that would be happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users