Brown & Tan colors in Pure Overworld Palletes:

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 ChaoticGood1

ChaoticGood1

Initiate

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:51 PM

I tried emulating your palette Radien and found it to be very good. I'm thinking of switching it out for what I am using now. I made a complete make up of the csets 0-9 on the Main palette to show you how Ive arranged the colors. Give me any info you may have about the palette, as I am still not very proficent with palette knowledge and the use of Dungeon palettes. However I think a set up similar to this will give the greatest arangement of colors, im sure it could use some more tweaking, at this point it includes colors for:

Dirt, rock, (green?) mountains. Two sets of Colors for (primary and Secondary) plants/bushes/objects per Cset.

Link set, with optional secondary colors/hair.

Enemy tiles with Eyecolor, Metal/Primary/Secondary/Trimary colors.

user posted image
This is just a simple preview (sketch). The colors shown are in no way the actual colors nor shades to be used.

#17 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:27 PM

That's great, CG! It looks potentially very good. icon_smile.gif That image I displayed can't be ripped, but if you'd like, I could send you some of the DoR palettes to rip, and mess around with as you please. They aren't all done yet... I haven't finalized the water/lava dungeon CSet, and as I said before I think I might very well change the sprite CSet's layout entirely. I might even reconstruct the palettes completely and recolor everything.

Do you need any help remember which CSet does what? Here are some of the important ones, just in case:

CSet 0 = subscreen hearts
CSet 1 = subscreen keys / bombs (something like that... I might've flip-flopped some stuff with CSet 0)

CSet 6 = Link
CSet 9 = enemies reliant on Level palette (Zora, Black moblin, Rope 2's, etc.)

By the way, are you going to create a tileset out of your quest....?

Edited by Radien, 01 December 2004 - 10:29 PM.

#18 ChaoticGood1

ChaoticGood1

Initiate

• Members

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:17 AM

Sure I'd love to take a look at your pallets if I can. Right now im not in the process of making a quest, but rather I'm trying to compose a whole new tile set comprising of all the best tiles I can find. I have organized some of it so far and it looks absolutly specatcular (at least in the Tile editor).

Combos are the hard part. But nothing that cant be figured out. (This is probably the 3rd or 4th reincarnation of me making a Tileset, however this time ive done alot more than ever before.)

Oh and thanks about the info for Cset 0 and 1. I had absolutly no idea as to them being for Subscreen stuff. However It should be easy enough to fix up now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users